VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

• HadIt.com Elder

NOTE:

VHA Directive 2006-013.pdf

Department of Veterans Affairs

Veterans Health Administration

Washington, DC 20420

March 7, 2006

VHA DIRECTIVE 2006-013

QUALIFICATIONS FOR EXAMINERS PERFORMING COMPENSATION AND

PENSION (C&P) MENTAL DISORDER EXAMINATIONS

1. PURPOSE: This Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Directive establishes policy for VHA clinicians and managers regarding the professional qualifications required to perform Compensation and Pension (C&P) examinations for mental disorders.

2. BACKGROUND

a. On February 9, 2005, the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) issued C&P Fast Letter 05-01, Qualifications for Examiners Performing Compensation and Pension (C&P) Mental Disorder Examinations. C&P Fast Letter 06-03 revises those instructions and provides additional guidance. This VHA Directive is issued concomitantly to provide congruent directions to VHA personnel.

Edited by fanaticbooks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might have link to this Fantasticbooks- but I coudn't find it-

The Bulletin ,on page three, mentions how Thailand AO claims are to be handled.

Our member Kurt Priessman was directly responible for this directive and has helped many Thailand vets succeed in their claims already for AO presumptive.

I dont think there is any formal training letter on this but the BVA,in 2 recent decisions as referred directly to Kurt as K.P. in one, and then by his full name in another decision using the substance of this bulletin.

I didnt see that at VBN either so will contact them too.

Being involved with the AO issue since 1991, I wanted to do cartwheels when I read this bulletin. It all arose from the rlentless efforts of Kurt Priessman-advocate extraordinaire!

But it has gotten lost in the shuffle I think and I wonder if all vet orgs have paid careful attention to it.

If you do have it listed Never Mind!

And Congrats on your promotion to Elder here!!!!

You sure work hard!

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks, Berta for the C&P Bulletin.

I did not have FL 10-12 or 10-16. I have taken the excerpts from that Bulletin. Will try to find actual letters but if not will post these.

I have a Fast letter 09-20 which discusses Thailand, but since it is 2009, I will be putting the 2010 Bulletin up also.

Being an Elder is quite a jump for me. That still doesn't mean I know any computerese. lol

Will muddle along with helping where I can.

Thanks again for the new STUFF. Let me know of any others! Please!

fanaticbooks

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use