• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Todd

Military Id Card/ Id Card

Question

I took me an hour or to to find the regulation the provides 100 percent disabled veterans a military ID card for base privileges. The page of interest is on page 179

Issuance of military ID cards

Todd

5 answers to this question

The quick summary is that the 100% vet can apply for an ID card with paperwork (letter) from the VA. The ID card Form is 2765, the same as that used by dependents. An 1173 can be issued, but will be replaced with a 2765 (brown card) when it expires. (I suppose this is because they used to issue an 1173, or maybe issue it if the 2765 is not available.) From reading the reference, a vet's spouse would also be entitled to a card.

The entitlement is:

Commissary, Exchange, and MWR.

Other benefits may be available on a locally authorized basis. These will be minor things that fall under the base commanders discretion.

I took me an hour or to to find the regulation the provides 100 percent disabled veterans a military ID card for base privileges. The page of interest is on page 179

Issuance of military ID cards

Todd

can someone help me with a list of military resorts.I know there is one in hawaii but can't find where to get information about it.they may not be called resorts but it's places for military families take vacations.I believe that 100%P&T vets can also use them

can someone help me with a list of military resorts.I know there is one in hawaii but can't find where to get information about it.they may not be called resorts but it's places for military families take vacations.I believe that 100%P&T vets can also use them

http://www.military.com/Travel/Content1/0,,ML_afrc,00.html This should do the job.

hhttp://www.militarycampgrounds.us/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1ttp://www.armymwr.com/portal/travel/paths/wa.asp#top

Try these 2 sites for military campgrounds and lodging. Also go to any BLM, US Forest Service office with your disability letter and get federal campground and attraction info. See if you are entitled to property tax reduction with your county assessor. Lots of goddies with the card. Congrats and stay well.

Hale Koa hotel and also bellows afs Ohau, Kilauea Military Camp Big Island site too.enjoy and send a ticket.cg