• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    CoolHandDevil505

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I recently learned how donating blood was good for (many people, not everyone)  Men, especially, tend to have too much iron.  (Women lose Iron from menstration, so its rarely a problem for women to have too much iron)  If you have too much iron, its bad for your health, it can even be life threatening.   http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hemochromatosis/home/ovc-20167289 I was a bit suprised they would "take" my blood after I read about the health benefits of donating blood.   I answered all the questions honestly, and they took my blood.  They did a iron test, first, to see if my iron was low. (finger poke).    I donated blood locally, NOT through VA.   Remember, VA has to get you to sign a consent form to get medical information about you other than the VAMC's.      Here are a few health benefits of donating blood:  It reduces cancer risk, is heart healthy, and can be good for other organs also, especially for men with hi iron.   I read where "old blood" is "sticky" and tends to clot.  When you give blood, your body makes more "new" blood, which is slicker and is less likely to form blood clots.   Of course, you dont want to donate blood too often.  My area only allows you to donate whole blood every 56 days.  (2 months).    http://www.medicaldaily.com/why-donating-blood-good-your-health-246379
    • http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/copy-machine/n10022 "making copies", the Richmeister the copy machine guy, FWIW, Hamslice    
    • We dont know your PCP, so we dont know if she will help.  But, you need to seek treatment for ED for 2 reasons. First, for your wife, and secondly for the money.  (SMC K).  If you could do the Wild Monkey before the PTSD meds, and the Wild Monkey Dance is gone now, then that is a pretty obvious link.   If you want compensation for SMC K, you need it documented.  So you should start with your PCP.  If your PCP does not have experience/does not treat ED, then you should ask for a referral to someone who does.  
    • I like the ideas of how to safeguard your medical and service records.  I still employ a paper/electronic system.  I like the combo approach with redundancies.  Believe you me it has come in handy several times already and once BVA hearing approaches, well I have a few green cards with the Regional Office and Evidence Intake Centers signature all over it.  Can't deny an item wasn't received if you have a signature to prove it.  Not to give cudos to the VA but the e-filing of claims through e-benefits has not failed me yet, well other than consistent access but you can see and load both ways on submitted evidence.  Confirmation of submission and acceptance are a nice facet.   Still even in this digital world, I would suggest the same in regards to records.  Keep a hardcopy, have one on a drive, jump drive, online server, and for kicks throw a media copy in a safety deposit box.  You never know. The one thing I would suggest with the online methods is to make sure the encryption and back up redundant systems are to your satisfaction and meet new technological standards.
    • Never Had female Doc do a Prostate exam on me...but yeah I agree with the small fingers. I don't testosterone injections  or anything to boost my testosterone level.could try the V pill I suppose but no arousal no errection. I just lost interest in sex...b/c of this ED Problem 2 years ago  no problem, but since I been on PTSD Meds Big Problem. I'll check with my PCP and let her know I wanted to address this personal problem with her and ask if my ptsd meds can cause this?  b/c since I started taking them I lost interest in sex and it frustrates my spouse  but she understands..but its not fair to either one of us.  do you guys actually think my pcp will help?

jecsb4

I Got Charged For My Meds...

17 posts in this topic

Well I am new to this thing we call the VA. Any way, I have started to get meds by mail and low and behold I got a bill for some of them.

When the various doctors gwrote the prescriptiond for them, I asked if I had to pay and they said no, since I was a Priority 2 vet 30%.

Well I think what I should of been told is that I will have to pay for all meds that are not SC. I was not told that. I am not real upset about it, sice they are cheaper than private insurance, but I should have been told the accurate info so I could budget for them.

Anyway, I am pending an award letter increase to 80% with a back date of several years. So I call the 1-866 # on the Va invoice and they said that I need to pay and that when I get my award letter to give them a copy for a refund.

Sounds like a lot of crap and also seem like it would take months before I get a refund.

Anyone else go through this? Does this sound right?

jecsb4

If you are 40% or less they can make you pay copays for meds that are not prescribed for service connected problems. Your profile says you are 80% and there should be no copays.

If you are 40% or less they can make you pay copays for meds that are not prescribed for service connected problems. Your profile says you are 80% and there should be no copays.

Pete53,

I am actually 30% pending 80% per what my SO, IRIS and 1-800 told me. So I don't have the official notice yet...mabey I posted that a little premature, but after 3 years I couldn't help it!

I am supposto to get reto back 3 years....so then these meds would be SC. But it sounds like I have to pay for them and then once I get my award request a refund, which I am sure will take months!!!

PS Can you tell me how to put my branch of service on my profile. I went to my profile but it would not let me input it.

Thanks.

PS Hope you had a good Vac!

It doesn't usually take months to get your refund of past meds.When I took my award letter to the vamc my refund was sent to me within 6 weeks.It does take a llittle time to pull up all your back payments records and determine your refund but not months.Congrats on your award, live well.

If you have dental work done while you wait for you TDIU then you should be able to ger reimbursed for it. I read that you are waiting for 80%. Are you going for TDIU as well. I got reimbursed for dental work done while waiting for my TDIU appeal. It was a few thousands of dollars. The VA will hem and haw but you go through "unauthorized expenses" at fee base.

If you have low or no income you can request finance at VA to waive

your RX co-pays and it's usually no problem.

carlie