VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got Charged For My Meds...

Rate this topic

If you have dental work done while you wait for you TDIU then you should be able to ger reimbursed for it. I read that you are waiting for 80%. Are you going for TDIU as well. I got reimbursed for dental work done while waiting for my TDIU appeal. It was a few thousands of dollars. The VA will hem and haw but you go through "unauthorized expenses" at fee base.

John 999,

I do need dental work but I thought you couldn't get it done at the VA unless you were SC for teeth jaw issues. So I don't know. I am so new to this I will have to look inot the TDIU process. I know I am just hanging on at work.

Jescb4

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jangrin

I would go ahead and pay the bill and then request a refund. While we were waiting for the VA to grant the claim and for my husband to get service connected we were billed for APPOINTMENTS AND MEDS, we didn't have the money to pay the bill so we let it ride. (that was a mistake)The VA attached my husbands SSDI check to get their money.

They will get it one way or another. I would pay now if you can and then ask for the refund when you get the notification of award.

Jangrin

• 4 weeks later...

jecsb4 ~ don't mean to "hijack" your thread here...

But.... I have an additional Q onto this...

I am now 60% S/C... and I was paying for my meds up until this month (or so I have yet to receive a bill)...

Should I get a refund for all the meds I paid for prior to getting my approval letter?

And if so, how do I ask for a refund?

Thanks in advance,

~R.

jecsb4 ~ don't mean to "hijack" your thread here...

But.... I have an additional Q onto this...

I am now 60% S/C... and I was paying for my meds up until this month (or so I have yet to receive a bill)...

Should I get a refund for all the meds I paid for prior to getting my approval letter?

And if so, how do I ask for a refund?

Thanks in advance,

~R.

USMCVeteranChic77

From my experience when I got my VA Med RX bill I sent my VA Award letter to the VAMC eligability office. If you are over 50% from what I have been told you don't have to pay for ANY RX SC or not. However, if you have private med insurance the VA likes to bill them.

Anyway the eligability office of my VAMC made a call and got the invoice cancelled.

I wil tell you this I have gotten 2 bills and each time I told the eligability office so it took two billing cycles to stop.

Best to you.

USMCVeteranChic77

From my experience when I got my VA Med RX bill I sent my VA Award letter to the VAMC eligability office. If you are over 50% from what I have been told you don't have to pay for ANY RX SC or not. However, if you have private med insurance the VA likes to bill them.

Anyway the eligability office of my VAMC made a call and got the invoice cancelled.

I wil tell you this I have gotten 2 bills and each time I told the eligability office so it took two billing cycles to stop.

Best to you.

In order to receive a refund contact the MCCF or MCCR office at the VA where you have made your payments and request a refund. The only services the VA will bill your private insurance company for are services or medications not directly related to your service connected condition. If there are any vet's here from Las Vegas area who need some help with your VA bills send me a message and I'll review your accounts for you.

Monica

• HadIt.com Elder
In order to receive a refund contact the MCCF or MCCR office at the VA where you have made your payments and request a refund. The only services the VA will bill your private insurance company for are services or medications not directly related to your service connected condition. If there are any vet's here from Las Vegas area who need some help with your VA bills send me a message and I'll review your accounts for you.

Monica

Monica:

Welcome to Hadit and thank you for the offer. There are several Hadit Members who go to the Las Vegas VA if I recollect correctly.

Pete