VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I've Won One Claim So Far

Rate this topic

DickC

There are a couple references in the copies my SMR that they sent me regarding headaches during welding but the records are not complete and I know this to be a fact and have told the VA this. The VA neuroligist that I saw for my C&P exam told me that migraines are genetic and can lay dormant for years or forever BUT are often triggered by something that gets them started. Mine started when I began welding for the navy and was poisoned by metal fume fever a few different times. I told the doc all of this so now I guess we wait and see what happens.

Dick

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats on the tinnitus, I have this as a claim in the belfry also! Any advice is welcome this way too!

Regards your other claims, do you have an IMO opinion too? Its good to have a second opinion (civilian) as insurance if possible. Got a copy of your Cfile yet? If not, you may want to wait until recieving your claim response, then request it. I requested my CFile and only got copies of my SMRs initially, but had to re-request for the rest of the VA CFile claim data information copies.

Best to ya,cg

When I went for the audio test the lady giving the test went out of her way to show it could not be realted to the service. VA granted the tinnitus but denied the hearing loss based only on her comments concerning my audio exam when I was discharged. The same frequencies I have hearing losses in now are the same ones that show up on the audio exam in question.

I do have a letter from my civilian doc that states "it is as least likely as not" that my headaches are a result of exposure to toxins in the military.

I am not sure what a Cfile is but am assuming it is the file where the approvals or denials are documented. Am I correct?

Dick

Congrats on the tinnitus, I have this as a claim in the belfry also! Any advice is welcome this way too!

Regards your other claims, do you have an IMO opinion too? Its good to have a second opinion (civilian) as insurance if possible. Got a copy of your Cfile yet? If not, you may want to wait until recieving your claim response, then request it. I requested my CFile and only got copies of my SMRs initially, but had to re-request for the rest of the VA CFile claim data information copies.

Best to ya,cg

• HadIt.com Elder

Dick, a C-file is a ©laims File. In this instance, YOUR Claims File.

Contained in your C-file is (or, at least, should be) EVERYthing. Seriously, dude, EVERYthing. EVERY piece of paper that you have given the VA, every piece of paper that the US military had on you (your SMR's (Service Medical Records) you personnel file, your enlistment papers, your DD214, etc.) and every piece of paper that the VA has given to you.

That, and your VA-generated medical records should be all the paper-trail existing.

It is a VERY good idea to either be in possession of copies of ALL the above.....or, at least, on occasion, to lay eyes on each of these pieces of paper.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well the VA gave me a hearing test and a hearing aid maybe one of these days I will just make a copy of the notes that enabled me to get the aid and file a new claim and if I get it I could get the life insurance in missed 17 years ago.

I got a letter from the VA today and they have awarded 50% for my migraines and 50% for my depression on top of the 10% for the tinnitus that I had already won. That means according to VA math that I am now 80%. I really want to say thanks to everybody for the information that is on this site. I have read the letter about 5 times and still can't believe it.

Dick