VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting And Nervous

Rate this question

bluenote

Question

Since the last time I looked for help here w/no success--I searched the Internet and finally came up with someone willing to help,I found out that my claim that I filed a few years ago for Guillain Barre Syndrome and was given Medical only by the VA-- should have been Rated and triggered a VA Reconsideration to determine if my discharge was under Other Than Dishonorable conditions. For some reason they didn't do this........... Thanks Dan

Edited by CaravanDan

Hello all.. I have a question about Regional VA Office (CSD)~~~~~ Question is>> How many times does the VA do a CSD? We have requested a NEW CSD because of NEW Mental Paperwork that wasn't considered back in the day... For Many years we never knew where my Mental records were,, We requested my Medical record MANY= MANY time and over the years first few time we would see something show up that wasn't in previous requests.. One place in my medical records it stated (SEE psychological report),, Even my wife drove up to Buffalo twice over the years looking for that and any new that may pop up,, NO WHERE... Then many years later we spoke with someone a very informed VSO and was told when requesting record (specifically ask for psychological records) and low an behold they showed up in the mail~~~~ We called him and thank him so much--He said usually those are run through a (SHREDDER),, In those records is where we found I was found UNIT FOR DUTY MENTALLY AT MEB.. Bottom line the diagnosis was I didn't know right from wrong.. and suicidal and was suppose to given treatment while in medical Hold --which they didn't do and I tried to commit suicide... they were at fault for not giving me treatment doctors said I needed while In medical Hold.. anyways Those records were used along with my Medical for my service connected PTSD & MDD.. They are Buffalo VA Regional refuse to do another (CSD) .. My understanding is when new evidence comes into play they need to do New (CSD) if we request? If so and one have knowledge of the DOD regulations?

• HadIt.com Elder

CaravanDan

This would be a great question to ask Hadit Elder Member Asknod (Alex)

Try calling into the Hadit Radio podcast live show  on 5-4-17 at 7:00pm eastern time,(Thursday) the No. to call is  347-237-4819  after it picks up then just hit 1.

Asknod/Alex will take your question or question's

Hadit elder members them selfs Jbasser and Jerrel do a fantastic job and will make * you feel at ease*

Make that call you will be glad you did.

Buck

Buck

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:39 AM, Buck52 said:

CaravanDan

This would be a great question to ask Hadit Elder Member Asknod (Alex)

Try calling into the Hadit Radio podcast live show  on 5-4-17 at 7:00pm eastern time,(Thursday) the No. to call is  347-237-4819  after it picks up then just hit 1.

Asknod/Alex will take your question or question's

Hadit elder members them selfs Jbasser and Jerrel do a fantastic job and will make * you feel at ease*

Make that call you will be glad you did.

Buck

Buck

Thank you so Much Buck for Directing us to that Podcast~~!!! Kind of blew our minds they may have to go back and pay me from 1979.. I guess Time will tell,,  Like always with me health slipping away I hope I live long enough to Win this Battle against the VA.. Thanks Again~~!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

your welcome Bud  Hope you got the information you needed.

Hang in there things will get better and be better days ahead for you and your Family.

feel free to call the show any time   they usually have the shows on Thursday s at 6:00PM EST.

Hi, Here again for help... If someone with a service connected disability goes to their own Doctor of Choice outside the VA System and they use their own Insurance will the VA pick up the Co-Pay cost associated with that service connected Condition?... most of you know I'm OTH Discharged and enrolled in VA healthcare for my Service connected Conditions and not even sure if they would cover my co-pays even if they did others with regular discharge? Also the same goes for Mileage to and from doctors for the service connected?  This is a strain on us as a Family as my conditions are getting worse and I have to go in to doctors often.. I'm under my wife's insurance and covers most but we always have co-pays.. Lately its been real bad as my wife is out work because work related injury,,, she is disabled but always worked the she does is office for 23 years same place and she works one hand because as a child her Fingers thumb taken off by a lawn mower.. she is on edge of being fired as she applied SSDI and knowing that may take a long time is not good for us as a Family.. My son always collected a check off my SSDI because I was totally disabled and I worked 20 plus years same place until I was pulled from work Now he is over 18 and they stopped his check and we had to process him for his Autism and sleep apnea,, He like me uses a CPAP machine he also has MDD like me.. I sometime wonder his conditions are from Disability from service. So we have struggled for years an now more than ever and I may need a feeding tube. I have to go for more testing Next week.. I wanted so bad the VA to do a reconsideration but I guess that's going to take a LONG-LONG time STILL. and we are drowning in debt ..I am holding on the best I can as I want to see this through till the end as I need to NOT let the VA win in the end... I'm so tired now,, weak,, Not sure I can hold on much longer... I'm really scared now.. Not sure what to do.. Stress makes my conditions worse. They know that that's why they refuse to own up to what they have done to me to make me die before they are forced to Pay up..14 years I have been declared Totally Disabled from a Job I loved and was forced out of because this chit.. A Job That paid me WELL.. I was a Good Father.. I even took in my 4 Kids from my first marriage and brought them up for years with no support paid to them from their mother.. I went in the Military from living in the Country and was proud.. I loved it in there and was doing great until I was totally Paralyzed.. Then it all went to hell..Now I'm still in Hell AGAIN..

VA offers No private Dr. Co-Pay assistance unless you're the spouse of a 100% SC or IU Rated Vet and signed up for the CHAMPVA program.

Just tuned into your post, 21 pages, gotta be close to a Topic Question record.

Are you trying to get your LTH Discharge changed?

Semper Fi