VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting And Nervous

Rate this question

bluenote

Question

Since the last time I looked for help here w/no success--I searched the Internet and finally came up with someone willing to help,I found out that my claim that I filed a few years ago for Guillain Barre Syndrome and was given Medical only by the VA-- should have been Rated and triggered a VA Reconsideration to determine if my discharge was under Other Than Dishonorable conditions. For some reason they didn't do this........... Thanks Dan

Edited by CaravanDan

Caravan Dan,

It saddens me to hear situations that Vets are in like this. I have sleep apnea also and know that you really need your power on to deal with it being worse. Don't give up no matter what. Jbasser gave some solid advice on getting your electric turned back on. I would also recommend that you get your county disabled Vet service to see if they can help by doing a letter explaining your hardship that you can send to the VA and the electric company to get them to turn your power back on and to expedite your claim processing.

I hope all will work out for you and soon.

• HadIt.com Elder

Caravan Dan:

Have you asked them to expedite your decision? Good Luck and they they pretty much make everyone wait a long time.

As far as a CPAP being life sustaining medical equipment it is. I hook up every night and am considering doing it when I sit in my recliner.

I only use 11 lbs of pressure and it was very hard for me at first to get there.

I know of two men who had simple procedures at hospital and died in the hospital cause they did not take their CPAP with them and the Docs never asked if they used one either.

My wife drove for hours today to Buffalo NY VA to see m y file and she got to see it, With my signed papers and my VA card and drivers licence in hand,She said most of my Hospital records were NOT in there from my Paralyzed disease back in the 70's--the guy that was with her said she I needed to send papers asking Buffalo to request those papers from that VA hospital in Boston, I find it funny that I have to do their jobs......... Thanks to you all.

Edited by CaravanDan

Dan,

great to hear you got your power back on so you can use your CPAP. Also, I hope your Vietnam Veterans helpers will petition the VA to process your claim as a "hardship" due to your limited financial situation. They should know who to contact, but if all else fails, have them or your wife contact your congressional representative to get priority assistance with your claims decision from the VA.

I sure would not mind the VA processing your claims ahead of mine due to your circumstance that is verified with various local government agencies as well as utility companies.

Good luck and God bless.