• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ladyluck4512

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I am a bit confused about the qualifications on this particular item.   I have read .. hell I can not even explain it as really because it confuses me that much so I am just going to be blunt.. would I qualify for consideration for housebound?  I stay at home most of the time as I am tired most of the time(sleep apnea)/spinal stenosis (which increases tremendously when I travel)/radiculopathy down both legs and anxiety issues. My fiance' does most of the chores around the house.  She would take me to VA appointments because I get easily distracted (because of pain) and basically easily upset when I drive, but she of course works so she can not. I have a total rating of 90% with TDIU 100% 70% for depression and the rest of my issues are various ranging from 30%'s/20%'s and a 10%.
    • Keep in mind, these are strictly personal opinions offered by Hadit members, usually based on to a certain degree, personal experience. Just my personal take, your Bladder Trauma Claim as Secondary to your MST,  in and of itself, really has no bearing on your SC of PTSD. I made a note of your PTSD DBQ Dr's response to Evidence Review Section V 5A, as I recall, I found it troubling. If you choose to, look at it, what do you think? You did mention you just got a 30% SC Rating, with the PTSD & Bladder Claim Deferred. Do not be looking for a "Quick" claim resolution, an "Inferred IU Claim" statement in an Award Letter is good. As to anything else in your original claim being put off as "Inferred," is troubling. I could be wrong and for your sake, I hope I am.
    • I just received the VA EED Award letter today. The Detroit RO CUE Review team must be on the stick. E-Ben 05/17/16 EED CUE Review Claim closed 07/16, Decision Letter mailed 08/21. Retro Deposit Hit 08/24, Award Letter arrived 08/25. That has to be close to Speed of Light, as far as VA Decisions go. Semper Fi
    • Can't say I've filed any other FOIA Requests, other than for my C-File. The VA Addressed  your FOIA request, when they acknowledged receipt of it by US Mail. Addressing & completion of the Request seem to be (2) different things. I can't recall any Vet posting that they got their C-Files, on paper or now on CD, in less than a year. When I got mine in 01/2014, 9in of paper and was only complete up yo the FOIA Filing Date of 09/12. If there is something in your C-File that you are certain that really need to see and make a copy of, make an appointment for a Supervised Personal View and ability to make limited page copies, at your RO. Not easy to do but it can be done. Semper Fi
    • Keli, yes the VBA (Veterans Benefit Administartion) is the division responsible.  You may want to peruse this:  http://benefits.va.gov/benefits/factsheets.asp

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cote

Dd Form 1173

6 posts in this topic

I’m rated 100% by the VA and have a DD Form 1173 ID card. I want to join AFVC but they said I need the DD Form 2765 ID card. My 1173 says INDIFINET for the expiration date. Can I get a 2765 to replace the 1173? Where do I have to go to get the new card?

Thanks,

from what I understand the DD Form 2765 ID replaced the DD Form 1173 back in 1998.

The Department of Defense (DoD) will begin issuing this month two new identification cards for some DoD employees and DoD-sponsored individuals. The new cards, Defense Department (DD) Form 2764 and DD Form 2765, will be issued to eligible individuals instead of DD Form 1173, "United States Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card." The new tan-colored cards will contain information currently found in DD Form 1173's concerning authorization for benefits and privileges but will also indicate Geneva Convention status, as appropriate, and have computer-readable bar codes so that the new cards will be compatible with other DoD identification cards currently in use by active component and reserve component personnel. The first new cards will be issued in Heidelberg, Germany, and will be phased in worldwide over the next five years.

The full release is found here at

http://www.defenselink.mil/Releases/Releas...?ReleaseID=1706

Military ID cards are obtained at military posts.

I got mine last year and had to look at it it is the same color as the 1173 but the back has the scan areas status says DAVPRM/E6 expiration date indef service organization USA

I have DD 1173 should I replace it?

I'm rated 100% by the VA and have a DD Form 1173 ID card. I want to join AFVC but they said I need the DD Form 2765 ID card. My 1173 says INDIFINET for the expiration date. Can I get a 2765 to replace the 1173? Where do I have to go to get the new card?

Thanks,

You really should not have to replace it if it has an indef expiration date. The 1173 is still a valid card and some branches of service will not replace them just because a new form is in use. You should be able to utilize any benefits that the 1173 granted you, and I think who ever told you to get a new ID Card is wrong. But if you want to check on getting a new id card then go to the same place that issued your last card, or the nearest ID card section on a military base. Hope this helps.

Cote - I have the DD Form 2765 (which was issued in 1999) and only once has anyone, at a property managements office, ever asked me for my card. I can't see why they would care. I joined on-line and nowhere, except for the one time, have I had to prove I was a disabled vet. I think your current ID would suffice. The on-site management has no idea what they are looking at, anyway. jmo

pr

I’m rated 100% by the VA and have a DD Form 1173 ID card. I want to join AFVC but they said I need the DD Form 2765 ID card. My 1173 says INDIFINET for the expiration date. Can I get a 2765 to replace the 1173? Where do I have to go to get the new card?

Thanks,

Edited by Philip Rogers