VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dd Form 1173

Rate this question

cote

Question

I’m rated 100% by the VA and have a DD Form 1173 ID card. I want to join AFVC but they said I need the DD Form 2765 ID card. My 1173 says INDIFINET for the expiration date. Can I get a 2765 to replace the 1173? Where do I have to go to get the new card?

Thanks,

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

from what I understand the DD Form 2765 ID replaced the DD Form 1173 back in 1998.

The Department of Defense (DoD) will begin issuing this month two new identification cards for some DoD employees and DoD-sponsored individuals. The new cards, Defense Department (DD) Form 2764 and DD Form 2765, will be issued to eligible individuals instead of DD Form 1173, "United States Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card." The new tan-colored cards will contain information currently found in DD Form 1173's concerning authorization for benefits and privileges but will also indicate Geneva Convention status, as appropriate, and have computer-readable bar codes so that the new cards will be compatible with other DoD identification cards currently in use by active component and reserve component personnel. The first new cards will be issued in Heidelberg, Germany, and will be phased in worldwide over the next five years.

The full release is found here at

http://www.defenselink.mil/Releases/Releas...?ReleaseID=1706

Military ID cards are obtained at military posts.

• HadIt.com Elder

I got mine last year and had to look at it it is the same color as the 1173 but the back has the scan areas status says DAVPRM/E6 expiration date indef service organization USA

Guest rickb054
I'm rated 100% by the VA and have a DD Form 1173 ID card. I want to join AFVC but they said I need the DD Form 2765 ID card. My 1173 says INDIFINET for the expiration date. Can I get a 2765 to replace the 1173? Where do I have to go to get the new card?

Thanks,

You really should not have to replace it if it has an indef expiration date. The 1173 is still a valid card and some branches of service will not replace them just because a new form is in use. You should be able to utilize any benefits that the 1173 granted you, and I think who ever told you to get a new ID Card is wrong. But if you want to check on getting a new id card then go to the same place that issued your last card, or the nearest ID card section on a military base. Hope this helps.

• HadIt.com Elder

Cote - I have the DD Form 2765 (which was issued in 1999) and only once has anyone, at a property managements office, ever asked me for my card. I can't see why they would care. I joined on-line and nowhere, except for the one time, have I had to prove I was a disabled vet. I think your current ID would suffice. The on-site management has no idea what they are looking at, anyway. jmo

pr

I’m rated 100% by the VA and have a DD Form 1173 ID card. I want to join AFVC but they said I need the DD Form 2765 ID card. My 1173 says INDIFINET for the expiration date. Can I get a 2765 to replace the 1173? Where do I have to go to get the new card?

Thanks,

Edited by Philip Rogers