VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Disability With Proposed Incompetence

Rate this question

Nekoiinu

Question

I hope I post this right. The page has changed since the last time I came here.

Well, after 9 months I have been found 100% disabled due to psychological problems. I also got rated for a ton of other stuff but that does not matter because of the 100% They also gave me the housebound allowance so the whole thing comes out to like $2829.00 a month. They wrote in there that there is a proposed case of incompetence. They also said that an appointment will be set at a later date to determine the severity of my symptoms. I have read about as much as I can about being found incompetent and having someone else ( which in my case would probably be some appointed person because I do not have familiy ) administer my personal affairs. I guess I am just hoping that someone who really knows about this can give me some facts. The things I have read are kind of not clear as far as what really happens step by step in a case like this.

I would like to ask that there not be to much posting about how much the system trys to screw you or how messed up it is. I dont mean to be mean about it, but it does not help too much. When I think about this possibly happening, I dont feel so well on the inside. So, I would appreciate it if someone with information could take the time to share if they can. Thank you.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I sure that the VA has already made their decision. That letter is just letting you know that your are they had found you incompetence. Because of the current VA reg., they have to allow you to prove them wrong. I will rather you accept their decision, especially when you are going to hardship. I am 24 years old, and the VA found me incompetence, this means that I can not own a gun, or travel more often. Well, because of HS, I accepted it.

If a vet gets SSI or SSA disability and SSA or SSI has not declared them incompetent I would think this is evidence that can rebutt a VA competency declaration.

Best thing of all is to get a real doctor's opinion to rebutt this with- or at least fight this on paper with them-the best way you can-

it is really just VA BS- doesnt mean much unless you have no spouse or trust no one else to handle your money-for you-

and this stuff can hold up a claim for months longer than it should-

I think anyone here who is getting an IMO for any mental disorder should ask the IMO doctor to state that they are competent to handle their funds in the IMO--it could cut off this incompetency crap right at the pass.

This competency stuff has protected many vets who would otherwise just piss away their comp-

on the other hand I often wonder if the VA invests the woney they hold back on these awards and collects interest on them-

that the vet never sees- of course they dont do that-

but it is one more way to he VA to hold onto yo

your money.

They dint seem to care if a vet is competent or not until there is a big retro check they have to send out.