VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vet With Ptsd

Rate this question

DI PI

Question

IF MY HEAD DOCTOR (M.D.) WROTE A LETTER IN MY PROGRESS NOTES SAYING THAT IAM 100% DISABLED AND UNEMPLOYABLE WHAT DOES THE VA DO???????????

ME AND MY VSO SENT MY CLAIM OFF LAST THURS. I CALLED AND THEY ARE ALREADY REVIEWING MY CASE IN WHICH I FIND STRANGE BEING THAT I JUST SENT IT IN IT USALLY IT TAKES MONTHS RIGHT????????????

I HOPE A PRAY THIS MIGHT BE THE BLESSING ME AND MY FAMILY HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.

I SURELY HOPE IT IS, THE EVIDENCE IS THERE FOR EXAMPLE 1 PTSD IS REASON MY CARRER IN THE MARINES WAS CUT SHORT... ITS ON MY DD214 AND ITS ON MY MEDICAL PROCSESSING BOARD SAYING THAT THIS IS DUE TO DIRECT COMBAT.

THAMKS FOR LISTEING

PS ---- TO YOUNG VETS NEVER LET ANYONE TELL YOU YOUR TOO YOUNG TO HAVE PROBLEMS.

IF YOU GOT THEM ADDRESS THEM.

SEMPER FI J. A. KERR

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I need some advice on my claim. I currently am 60%- loss of eye and shrapnel wounds to head and neck. Wounds to leg with nerve damage. Hearing damage. I have PTSd claim with two day evaluation at VA hospital evaluatiion. Results Axis I PTSD, chronic

Depression NOS Axis IV severe enduring combat medical problems, Axis V GAf 40. What can I expect fron the VA as to an increase?

I assume you have the PH on your DD 214- I usually see 30 to 50 % for PTSD due to PH-

Are you working? If not have you formally applied for TDIU?

It would help if you answer in a New Topic-that way we dont get who is who mixed up-

How does the 60% SC break down?

Welcome aboard vet-you came to the best place in town-

I need some advice on my claim. I currently am 60%- loss of eye and shrapnel wounds to head and neck. Wounds to leg with nerve damage. Hearing damage. I have PTSd claim with two day evaluation at VA hospital evaluatiion. Results Axis I PTSD, chronic

Depression NOS Axis IV severe enduring combat medical problems, Axis V GAf 40. What can I expect fron the VA as to an increase?

Jack it seems to me you should be much higher on your percentage just on the lost of an eye and shrapel wounds alone; and then add in the PTSD problems. They always lowball the PTSD ratings at first and make you appeal or NOD. My GAF is 32 and I am 30% but I have applied for an increase and it's pending. I am still fighting on my hearing loss and other things that were denied. Good luck. I did not see you already were at 60% when I made my last reply.

Danang_1969

• HadIt.com Elder

Jack:

Welcome to Hadit. You should expect 100% if you are not working and since you are already service connected should not be to big a hassle just the usual wait.

Do you have Social Security? If not working you should have it or apply for it.

I think that the VA has a lot pf pressure to improve and this should help Veterans like you.

Do not forget that if you are pretty much Housebound or need help at home you may qualify for an additional bump called an S award about 300 a month.