VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New And Needy..first Post

Rate this question

jim n ok

Question

thanks for having this forum.first i am 10% sc for tinnitus ,service from 72 to 77 usaf. my job was a crew chief on f-4's returning from nam to germany.they were a filthy mess and no telling what was on these birds[ao] who knows.well,i have many documented trips to medical for burns from these chemicals and solvents cleaning them off.tce,pd-680,carbon cleaner,jp-4,zinc-chromate,mek,tolulene,it was a lot . i have documented cases of nose bleeds as well after working on these planes.

now i have type 2 diabetes,peripheral poly neuroma,skin cancer,sleep apnea,high blood pressure,and carpal tunnel.

i am trying to get the best care and percentage and need to know the ins and outs of filing.please help if possible .thanks jim n ok

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. First thing you need to do in my opinion is ask for a complete copy of your "C" File and than check it with a fine tooth comb. Those trips to sick bay could mean service connection. Its not going to be easy but you should get all the benefits that were earned by your service.

Good Luck

thanks pete.all of these are in my records i recently obtained.will this be a slam dunk or a long affair? will i live long enough to see results? my sc on tinnitus took 5 years of appeals in the 80's.

it can possibly be a slam dunk, if presented in the correct fashion.

i am here trying to get help in presenting it correct.any suggestions? i have documented in my medical records that i was burned and exposed to no less than 15 solvents and chemicals,had bleeding ears,fibromyalgia,spinal injury in a wreck while on duty,an eye injury that i was hospitalized for 8 days and severe hearing loss as well as dizziness.these are all in my medical records during my military service.oh,yeah,my commander had me analyzed for a mental disorder because my wife was giving him constant grief and the conclusion was i felt helpless to do anything for my family while stationed overseas..causing depression...any advice?

• HadIt.com Elder

If the spinal injury was from the Neck, C5 or C6 vertebrate, The CArpal tunnel may be related. You need to get all the records together and go see a doctor to help you summarize the record. That is the first step. File the claim then get the IMO. Tackle the physical defects first, then go after the mental claim. The VA seems to be able to twist up mental claims into a complex mess and it can take several years to get a claim processed.