• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Tweeder

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Great info from all of you...........Buck,I did not know you could ask for a specific DRO............If so. Gary Hughs sounds pretty good to me.  Wayne TX
    • Hi Berta - it took less than 370 days, they back dated because I had a bad C & P - long story but I was on them like a Chihuahua with a bone! ( Texas girl must have analogies)                                  Yes, " Concurrent " pay soon- I spoke to someone to verify on the phone and it is automatic. Thank you so much for the praise - No treats, I have been comfortably financially for years. I worked 43 years until I started having some pretty bad issues, blessed to have a good VA therapist!  Yes Criminology with a minor in Social Science. 68 or so days to graduation.   I did book a cruise for next year to St Thomas - 7 days before I got the news so Life Balance!   Blessed  Grateful  Thankful for the encouragement you guys gave me too. I made a few mistakes but the pride in working my own claim and helping myself is satisfying. Will pay it forward. 
    • After almost a year, I called the VA Records Management Center and they told me that my records were mailed to me on CD. They said that they mailed the CD last Friday and it has been a week today. I was wondering how long do they take to mail from St. Louis to California? Also, it updated my FOIA request in eBenefits and removed it. Thank you. 
    • VA.gov has a wealth of info and charts. 
    • I really hope it comes before Christmas. Would like to give my son a super special one.

jc1950

100% Compensation For Knee Replacement

8 posts in this topic

I am currently rated 70% for Service Connected right and left knee injuries. Does anyone know if I can have a knee replaced and draw 100% compensation using a private orthopedic surgeon at a non VA hospital? This is my first post, and I appreciate any and all information and help.

Welcome to Hadit.

I think that you can but to be sure wait for someone who knows for sure.

Good Luck

HI Jc,

Just googled "compensation at Non-Va hospital" and theres a bit of detail to read. regards a 21 day stay and other recuperation info. While others, like Pete, Ricky or Rental may have 'quicker' answers at least I'll give you something to read until then!

Section J. Compensation Under 38 CFR 4.28, 38 CFR 4.29, and 38 CFR 4.30

§4.29 Ratings for service-connected disabilities requiring hospital treatment or observation.

M21-1MR, Part IV, Subpart ii, Chapter 2, Section J

Best to ya and Welcome to Hadit!

cg

I am currently rated 70% for Service Connected right and left knee injuries. Does anyone know if I can have a knee replaced and draw 100% compensation using a private orthopedic surgeon at a non VA hospital? This is my first post, and I appreciate any and all information and help.

I have not had a TKR but the VA did compensate me at the 100% rate for two months after I had arthroscopic surgery done on my knee by the local (Non VA) doctor. It was a matter of letting them know

JC,

It doesn't matter who does the surgery the VA will automatically give you a temporary rating of 100% for 1 year. All you need to do is get the discharge papers and any other records showing that it was done. If you have a rep, take it to him/her and they will submit the claim. If no rep, submit it yourself. The EED of benefits will be the day of surgery. The new knee is great but the Physical Therapy was a nightmare. :angry: Good luck and hope this helps.

Jmack

HI Jc,

Just googled "compensation at Non-Va hospital" and theres a bit of detail to read. regards a 21 day stay and other recuperation info. While others, like Pete, Ricky or Rental may have 'quicker' answers at least I'll give you something to read until then!

Section J. Compensation Under 38 CFR 4.28, 38 CFR 4.29, and 38 CFR 4.30

§4.29 Ratings for service-connected disabilities requiring hospital treatment or observation.

M21-1MR, Part IV, Subpart ii, Chapter 2, Section J

Best to ya and Welcome to Hadit!

cg