This eBook will teach you how to get C-Files (paper and electronic) from the VA Regional Office.
How to Get your VA C-File

• Topics

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Sleep Apnea Claim
      Hi, I am a 30 year retired vet. I retired 13 years ago. I as recently diagnosed with "very severe" obstructive sleep apnea. The machine they gave me is preset on the highest output flow. My episode exceed 35 times an hour with some lasting more than 30 seconds.  I was diagnosed with sleep apnea a couple of years prior to retirement and the study and diagnosis is documented in my record. In fact, they wanted to operate on my uvula. There lies the rub. The operation could have ended my career so I didn't persue. Additionally, while on active duty I developed severe chronic sinusitis and allergic rhinitis and this also is documented in my service health record. I have been living with this and chalking it down to getting old. Fast forward...I recently got a machine that they say I have to wear for the remainder of my life. I just learned that Tricare Prime does not pay for it all. So, I researched online and submitted a claim the E-benefits and it has been received and was under review until today when they changed this to "gathering of evidence" Development Letter Sent. Does anyone know what this means? What do I have to look forward to concerning the process. I watch the news. It doesn't look good, right? thanks in advance.
    • My husband died in motorcycle accident
      Your Welcome Page, don't worry about missing the show  there will be more shows. btw, the 33% that attorney quoted you is a little expensive in my opinion'' but'' DIC Cases I'm not that familiar with/just with regular VA Claims its usually a 20% deal However I heard of Some Charging that much  or have  a 20% fee and a clause for   another fee for extra work they do or had to do...I can imagine  a lot is involved  so who's to say 33% is to expensive....its just right if you win...but that's a big'' if'' The attorney will have to do a lot of digging and records to look at phone calls & other personal to pay calls ect,,,ect,, DIC Cases as we learn from Ms berta are very difficult   especially a case  such as yours.  you have to do what you believe is right, I'm sure your late husband would want that for ya. You might want to ask Ms berta about your time-line limit? unless you have an Attorney Already?  Anything you can do to not let your Limit run out will help. if you can Request an extension or more time to prepare your case?  IDK? Take Care .............Buck
    • DRO hearing
      I have a hearing coming up on Thursday for Bowel Incontinence. Yesterday my POA stated that the DRO wanted me to have another C&P exam for the Bowel Incontinence. Here is the thing Dr. Bash diagnosed this back in 2012. Again in 2013 and I've had 2-3 C&P exams since 2012 for the same things.. The VA, a PA and GI Surgeon both diagnosed the same exact thing in July 2013, Bowel Incontinence secondary to my Lumbar DDD/DJD. On the original decision the RO stated it was not diagnosed. This is wrong because they had in their hands Dr. Bash's IMO which showed the diagnosis then in 2013 whenever the VA Surgeon finally diagnosed it they still are denying me but the only reason they gave so far that it was not diagnosed. Everything Dr. Bash diagnosed has been diagnosed by the VA. As a matter of fact they approved me for IU based on the same Dr. Bash IMO!!!!! So how are they allowed to pick and choose what to believe on the report when the diagnosis has been proven by the VA? This is crazy. I am going to refuse ANOTHER C&P exam on the grounds that they already did 2-3 exams, Dr. Bash did 2 exams and the VA (James A. Haley) did two of them (One from PA and One from the GI Surgeon). Am I correct to say they are just trying to low ball me severely knowing it would put me over the SMC and P&T threshold? I told my POA that I will in fact just send it to the BVA if the RO doesn't want to make a decision. They all know I have it so why are they low balling me? I am on SSDI all just for service connected issues, nothing else and I was just award my SSDI continuation. So what gives and how should I approach them at the hearing? I will try to keep my cool because the have sat on this too long. Rob
    • New Proposed VA Reg Vets Should Know About
      Pete...I hear ya.  Now, the VA has an excuse to delay the appeals for 10 years, instead of the current 5 year delay plan.  FDC = Fully Delayed Claim, and Finally Denied Claim.  
    • New Proposed VA Reg Vets Should Know About
      We all know that there is no accountability with VA. I personally had a claim denied several times by VA then when I filed an appeal BVA remanded it several times (twice) trying to get the local VA to grant my claim since the record proved that my claim warranted service connection. Then when the local VARO continued to deny my claim the BVA ALJ decided to deny my claim also. Of course all this did was add years to my waiting. Since the BVA ALJ denied my claim I had to get a lawyer and file a claim to the CAVC. The CAVC remanded my claim and then the BVA ALJ granted my claim. I am talking about a decade of playing VA game of you should be, you should not be service connected. This is with all the evidence in  my records. I admit that someone messed up but no one wanted to correct the mistake so they (VA) wanted to screw me (the veteran) over.  I wonder how many veterans they have screwed over.
      I'm upset that I missed it. I was not able to get online. I will make sure to catch the show in the archives. Thank you for all the information Buck!
      Sorry Ms berta,   The show was on tonight  and it was a dandy DR Bash & Att John Dorle  were on and Dr Mark Worthing  Called in & They all had a great discussion, I sure wish Page 1006 could have called in ask about her claim and about what Attorney to help with her case. Lot of good information was passed on tonight with Claims, Mark talked a bit about Sleep Apnea, and him and John and Dr Bash was just full of Information tonight..I bet they missed you calling in, Alex was not on tonight hope he is feeling well?  Jbasser and Jerrel Had a great show   the hour went real fast, there going to get Dr Mark Worthing to come back as well as Dr bash &  Attorney John Dorle Be sure and catch the show later in the archives.   ..............Buck I thoroughly enjoy the show tonight.
    • My Cue
      If I understand correctly it is one year.  Though don't take my word for it.  I am in the same boat.  Messed up on my original claim many years ago and am now trying to fix the mistakes I made.   I wish you luck, stick in there.
    • NOD - VA Form 9
      IF YOUR LOCAL VSO DID NOT FAX OR SEND THE FORM TO JANESVILLE, WI.,  THATS THE PROBLEM.. YOU DO NEED TO FILL OUT THE 21-526EZ AND FORM 9 .  YOU CAN DO THIS THRU EBENEFITS OR FAX IT TO:  844 822 5246.  (PERSONALLY I USE THE FAX METHOD)    VA HAS A NEW PROCESS WHEREIN ALL DOCUMENTS GO THRU JANESVILL..SEND IT TO THEM ASAP... BOTH OF THESE FORMS CAN BE FILLED OUT AT THE VA WEBSITE  WWW.VA.GOV AND THEN PRINTED/SAVED PLEASE POST YOUR SOC SO OTHERS CAN CHIME IN.....
      I thought this show was going to be on tomorrow night...I just clicked on the podcast and it is repeat of May 18th show.  

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lady

Va Won't Pay My Husbands Hospital Bills

4 posts in this topic

Hello all, just wanted to know why the Va. will not pay the entire amount to the hospital my husband was in for last year after he had his heart attack. I called the number and told them in the right time frame. And he was 100% in threat for his life. I made sure I did everything they say you need to do to inform them, our doctor even told them he had to have this done now or he would not make it. I found the progress note in the many I have collected over the last 2years. It was a phone call from our doctor to the VA. and it says he would be approved and singed by chief medical officer of Fee services. And here is my question, the va has only paid a few thousand on a 65,000.00 medical bill. My husband had to go back the day he was discharged because of problems so he had a longer stay than normal, but the MILL/Bill , is only paying the hospital a small amount on the totlal cost, they (VA) told me the hospital has to take it and thats all they get. But the hospital says that s not true and of course want us to pay the rest of the amount off, over 45,000.00. My husband at the time of service at the hospital was 70%I.U. Is this right? Never heard of this before. Any one know the answer on this one. Thanks for all the information & help . Mary & Greg Ps. I wonder if they can put a lien on my home? I hope not. They want the money asap. HAHAHA, I have to laugh about because It is crazy!

Hello all, just wanted to know why the Va. will not pay the entire amount to the hospital my husband was in for last year after he had his heart attack. I called the number and told them in the right time frame. And he was 100% in threat for his life. I made sure I did everything they say you need to do to inform them, our doctor even told them he had to have this done now or he would not make it. I found the progress note in the many I have collected over the last 2years. It was a phone call from our doctor to the VA. and it says he would be approved and singed by chief medical officer of Fee services. And here is my question, the va has only paid a few thousand on a 65,000.00 medical bill. My husband had to go back the day he was discharged because of problems so he had a longer stay than normal, but the MILL/Bill , is only paying the hospital a small amount on the totlal cost, they (VA) told me the hospital has to take it and thats all they get. But the hospital says that s not true and of course want us to pay the rest of the amount off, over 45,000.00. My husband at the time of service at the hospital was 70%I.U. Is this right? Never heard of this before. Any one know the answer on this one. Thanks for all the information & help . Mary & Greg Ps. I wonder if they can put a lien on my home? I hope not. They want the money asap. HAHAHA, I have to laugh about because It is crazy!

Lady,

The VA paid about 15% of the amount the hospital charged for my husband's emergency hospitilization, but we didn't get a bill for the remainder. Billing clerks sometimes don't realize how it works with a veteran, so you might have to explain that he is totally disabled and he was admitted for a service-connected condition, so you have no copays. Tell them it works just the same as it does with Medicare allowables, (except with Medicare you would have co-pays.)

Carrie

Edited by Morgan

Lady,

The VA paid about 15% of the amount the hospital charged for my husband's emergency hospitilization, but we didn't get a bill for the remainder. Billing clerks sometimes don't realize how it works with a veteran, so you might have to explain that he is totally disabled and he was admitted for a service-connected condition, so you have no copays. Tell them it works just the same as it does with Medicare allowables, (except with Medicare you would have co-pays.)

Carrie

Dear Lady,

I as well have had to go to a local ER 2 times. I am 100% T&P. I ran into some of the same issues you are dealing with. I was told by the VA's nurse advice line to get to my nearest ER (I live over an hour away from the nearest VA medical Center). It is manidated by federal law (I do not know which law) that the hospital must write off all charges when dealing with a T&P disabled veteran. This will only happen if the vA ok's the ER or hospital. It sounds like you have a strong case in that respects. I always made copies of all bills I received from the hospital and sent them to the VA medical center. I hope this helps you. God bless you & Merry Christmas.

I think I've seen a regulation in Part 17 of 38 code of federal regulations pertaining to payment of outside medical services.