• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Tyr

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/view.jsp?FV=http://www.va.gov/vetapp92/files1/9209631.txt This is the only BVA case that even mentions Tompkins Barracks. They did have a report that this vet went to the Tompkins Barracks dispensery Was your unit in support of other units there? Buck is all of this based on your filing of a DD 149? PR, (Flip Zeilig) a wonderful advocate who left us not long ago, mentioned that for a small fee there were people at the National Archives who can do a detailed search...I don't know how that goes...a few months ago I noticed he had been to my profile so I emailed him at the last email I had ,from many years ago, but no reply...you might have a more recent email for him...??  
    • My DRO in 2005 told my former vet rep she could not read. That is ,he told me she said she could not read my IMO from Dr. Bash and handed it back to him. Based on the SSOC (this was a double DRO review-same DRO who ignored the IMO the first time too) I said I hope you gave it back to her to put into the record , he hesitated and then suddenly said...'well I got you another VA medical opinion (posthumous C & P exam) she (the DRO)said she would set up...I was pretty surprised she did that for me....'(like it was a great big deal) I said ,if she said she could not read the IMO from Dr Bash, how the hell can she read the C & P results from any doctor? no answer. The SSOC clearly reveals that one of them was lying.This was 2005. The DRO might well be a VARO director by now. The vet rep is long gone........
    • You could also ask them to CUE the decision,if they completely disregarded the letter from your PCP  "The rater just denied me even though i had my PCP write me a letter stating the the hip DJD was more than likely because of a documented auto accident i had while in service!    I'm going to NOD on both the back because of the conflicting evidence from the C&P nurse and the rater and the hip because of the letter and the auto accident in my service medical records!" If the VA has probative medical evidence-which that letter would be- and does NOT consider it or mention it at all in their decision, your rights under 38 CFR 4.6 have been violated. what I mean is searchable here under 38 CFR 4.6. ( my favorite regulation) When VA gave you the 80% , were you employed? and are you still employed? If you are not employed did they consider you for TDIU? BTW, the VA intends to give APRNs full medical authority in the future, I guess to save money on hiring more doctors. There is discussion here as to when the Federal Register published these proposed new regulations. I have no status of this latest attempt by VA to provide inappropriate C & P exams and also possibly inappropriate medical care. Nothing wrong with good APRNs at all..it is the point that they they are NOT doctors.      
    • Yes Ms berta I have google it, It said my unit or the place I was station was closed down and no longer exist, the US Gov gave back the post to the German Army I was station at in Germany the post was Tompkins Barracks Schwetzingen Germany  just about 50 miles south of Mannheim Germany,  after all it was there post back in war war II. I remember The 4 story buildings had built in Rifle Racks  the old M-14 Style Rifles built in the walls of the all the Halls, I worked part time at night at the EM Club  just across the street from the compound as a Bar Back to make extra spending $$ and pass my time There were probably 4 different units there mostly made up as Heavy Equip Maintenance and Ordnance units. I gave ARRB(Army Records Review Board) all this information and what my unit was & location and close to the time I was there, I just don't have any records that I was there  nothing? and NARPC don't seem to have any records  but I was there...so ARRB is basing there decision on no records found  to deny my request of getting my DD-214 Corrected. I have a Year to Appeal the decision  I wrote them a nice long letter back to disagree respectably with the decision of the Board and requested for them to search for my Records, I have tried all I know to get them with 2 request to the NARPC in St Louis to help me (SIGN FOIA)  and so for I come up empty  but I swear I was there 10 months and there's got to be a record of it some where? However NARPC did send me some Vietnam Records of Unit reports and Locations of my Vietnam Service..which help me with my PTSD Claim When I arrived in Franfurt I  Rode in the back of a Duce 1/2 to Schwetzingen Germany to my unit.  nearly froze my Hinnie off. Wanting this change to my DD-214 is not for claim reasons;  I just want my DD-214 To be corrected as the places I served and the dates to be correct. rather a personal thing with me.
    • I am sure we have a link to them here but could not find it.   http://www.va.gov/ogc/precedentopinions.asp Most VAOGC precedent setting opinions are incorporated into M21-1MR changes but that does not mean the VA will consider them, as they are written, so any claimant who has a legal issue would do well to see if the VAOGC has already resolved their issue , via an opinion, after a search of the VA link above, and they can offer a copy of the VA Prec Op as evidence. I have a legal issue and VA refused to consider the VA OGC Prec Op regarding my issue.   When I started to prepare my appeal, I found I had many pages of rhetoric and a long exhibit list all explaining the situation and I took the time to keep editing it all down. The good part, when you do take the time to keep reviewing your appeals, is that to prepare an outline of the main points- based on the reasons and Bases of the decision as these are really the only points you have to cover in the appeal, with evidence specifically geared to their decision and why it is wrong. My appeal became less than 3 pages long and the sole  pieces of Evidence is the VA OGC Prec Op that proves my contention,  a 2 page copy of a 1998 rating sheet, and a brief print out from the VA website itself,that supports the claim. My last I-9 was a far different situation, a fairly complex medical issue that involved a long evidence list, but was resolved primarily due to 3 IMOs I had that my RO failed to consider....and as I mentioned here before ( this was my 2003 DMII AO death claim) it took me quite some time to word the claim properly because it was, in fact an additional 1151 issue I had but was filed for a direct service connected award. If I had filed under 1151,it would have been denied because I already had proven 1151 death.I had to prove direct SC death.( DMII AO awarded by the BVA 6 years after filing the claim) I found a good way to prepare appeals on the I-9 is to have an outline.(I have already posted here how I also develop war plans for claims... this is different than the war plan--- In 2003 I was in Military school and was doing outlines for every thesis I wrote,  after my daughter insisted I should re open my claim. My USMC Professor demanded Perfection. It was hard work, but That is what he got from me, but I didn't want to even think about having another  claim the VA anymore. Finally I did as my daughter suggested. She was right! I realized an outline for a college thesis is the same as a good way to sort out your thoughts for the I-9 It means starting out with the exact reason the decision is wrong, using the VA's words directly from the decision. Paragraph # 1 Hit them right away with your evidence,that proves they are wrong  referring to it as A,B, C, etc and list it on the evidence list you send in with the I-9. Paragraphs 2, 3, etc. Conclude the appeal by adding any other regulations or records they overlooked or misinterpreted. Then put it all away for a few days....because every time you give it a fresh look, it will start to shape itself. Leave out the negative stuff about the VA. The BVA knows how inefficiently our claims are handled by the VAROs.That is why their backlog is so large. And try to keep the appeal as short as you can,sticking to the main points in the reasons and bases that are wrong. As far as I know , when BVA dockets a case, you will always have time, before they make their decision to send in any other probative evidence you might have uncovered. I collected probative evidence during the entire 6 years my DMII AO death claim took and even after the award came I was still in the evidence seeking mode (and even found more) (sorry this older post below in is this reply, it kept popping up and I cant delete it.)                

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lady

Va Won't Pay My Husbands Hospital Bills

4 posts in this topic

Hello all, just wanted to know why the Va. will not pay the entire amount to the hospital my husband was in for last year after he had his heart attack. I called the number and told them in the right time frame. And he was 100% in threat for his life. I made sure I did everything they say you need to do to inform them, our doctor even told them he had to have this done now or he would not make it. I found the progress note in the many I have collected over the last 2years. It was a phone call from our doctor to the VA. and it says he would be approved and singed by chief medical officer of Fee services. And here is my question, the va has only paid a few thousand on a 65,000.00 medical bill. My husband had to go back the day he was discharged because of problems so he had a longer stay than normal, but the MILL/Bill , is only paying the hospital a small amount on the totlal cost, they (VA) told me the hospital has to take it and thats all they get. But the hospital says that s not true and of course want us to pay the rest of the amount off, over 45,000.00. My husband at the time of service at the hospital was 70%I.U. Is this right? Never heard of this before. Any one know the answer on this one. Thanks for all the information & help . Mary & Greg Ps. I wonder if they can put a lien on my home? I hope not. They want the money asap. HAHAHA, I have to laugh about because It is crazy!

Hello all, just wanted to know why the Va. will not pay the entire amount to the hospital my husband was in for last year after he had his heart attack. I called the number and told them in the right time frame. And he was 100% in threat for his life. I made sure I did everything they say you need to do to inform them, our doctor even told them he had to have this done now or he would not make it. I found the progress note in the many I have collected over the last 2years. It was a phone call from our doctor to the VA. and it says he would be approved and singed by chief medical officer of Fee services. And here is my question, the va has only paid a few thousand on a 65,000.00 medical bill. My husband had to go back the day he was discharged because of problems so he had a longer stay than normal, but the MILL/Bill , is only paying the hospital a small amount on the totlal cost, they (VA) told me the hospital has to take it and thats all they get. But the hospital says that s not true and of course want us to pay the rest of the amount off, over 45,000.00. My husband at the time of service at the hospital was 70%I.U. Is this right? Never heard of this before. Any one know the answer on this one. Thanks for all the information & help . Mary & Greg Ps. I wonder if they can put a lien on my home? I hope not. They want the money asap. HAHAHA, I have to laugh about because It is crazy!

Lady,

The VA paid about 15% of the amount the hospital charged for my husband's emergency hospitilization, but we didn't get a bill for the remainder. Billing clerks sometimes don't realize how it works with a veteran, so you might have to explain that he is totally disabled and he was admitted for a service-connected condition, so you have no copays. Tell them it works just the same as it does with Medicare allowables, (except with Medicare you would have co-pays.)

Carrie

Edited by Morgan

Lady,

The VA paid about 15% of the amount the hospital charged for my husband's emergency hospitilization, but we didn't get a bill for the remainder. Billing clerks sometimes don't realize how it works with a veteran, so you might have to explain that he is totally disabled and he was admitted for a service-connected condition, so you have no copays. Tell them it works just the same as it does with Medicare allowables, (except with Medicare you would have co-pays.)

Carrie

Dear Lady,

I as well have had to go to a local ER 2 times. I am 100% T&P. I ran into some of the same issues you are dealing with. I was told by the VA's nurse advice line to get to my nearest ER (I live over an hour away from the nearest VA medical Center). It is manidated by federal law (I do not know which law) that the hospital must write off all charges when dealing with a T&P disabled veteran. This will only happen if the vA ok's the ER or hospital. It sounds like you have a strong case in that respects. I always made copies of all bills I received from the hospital and sent them to the VA medical center. I hope this helps you. God bless you & Merry Christmas.

I think I've seen a regulation in Part 17 of 38 code of federal regulations pertaining to payment of outside medical services.