VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu In 12 Days

Rate this topic

SEJones

Thanks to Eveyone for all the help and answers to my post. I orignally applied in 9/03 got a 10% nonsense rating. Filed a DRO with the help of HADIT. Nov got to the DRO and changed to 80% with TDIU back to original claim date with NO ADDITIONAL INFORMAION! Now my question is this permanent? Under DECISIONS it says Entitlement to individual unemployability, basic eligibility to Depentents Educational Assistance under 38 U.S.C. chapter 35...you were determine to be permanently disabled due to S/C disease with multiple complications. Now, you have been determined to be totally disabled on the basis of individual unemployability. We are scheduling you for a review examination during Sep 2008. They also enclcosed a brochure on Title 38 and dependent coverage and ChampVA and applictions.

I am confused. I never got the award letter for the 80% just a SOC that said I needed to complete the TDIU and send additional evidence. Well they must have crossed in the mail becuase this is dated before the date of my addiional evidence was received. Will I still get an award letter for the 80% and what was or wan't awarded?

Thanks to ALL and BERTA!!

SE

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Eveyone for all the help and answers to my post. I orignally applied in 9/03 got a 10% nonsense rating. Filed a DRO with the help of HADIT. Nov got to the DRO and changed to 80% with TDIU back to original claim date with NO ADDITIONAL INFORMAION! Now my question is this permanent? Under DECISIONS it says Entitlement to individual unemployability, basic eligibility to Depentents Educational Assistance under 38 U.S.C. chapter 35...you were determine to be permanently disabled due to S/C disease with multiple complications. Now, you have been determined to be totally disabled on the basis of individual unemployability. We are scheduling you for a review examination during Sep 2008. They also enclcosed a brochure on Title 38 and dependent coverage and ChampVA and applictions.

I am confused. I never got the award letter for the 80% just a SOC that said I needed to complete the TDIU and send additional evidence. Well they must have crossed in the mail becuase this is dated before the date of my addiional evidence was received. Will I still get an award letter for the 80% and what was or wan't awarded?

I wish that something would fall out of Heaven for me!!

Thanks to ALL and BERTA!!

SE

Yum- that IS quite an enchilada!

SE- they usually want a formal TDIU from filed (the TDIU 21-8940-) before making the award-and I bet you are right- it all crossed in the mail-

Seem to me you did GREAT!

I would contact my SO- if you have one- or see if any other mail comes from them-

when you get the retro make sure it is for the 100% rate for the period they are deeming as IU-

"Now, you have been determined to be totally disabled on the basis of individual unemployability. We are scheduling you for a review examination during Se " etc-

I wonder what date they are using here-but

It seems they have definitely granted the 80% TDIU with upgrade to full TDIU as of date you filed the claim---

"with TDIU back to original claim date" -they said it in an odd way---however-

if you gave them your direct deposit info I would start checking your bank account and /or the mail box-

Once the check comes it will be easier (I hope) to figure this out.

Remember vets on retros- they take the date retro is to and figure the award less what comp they already

sent you, and they must add your dependents to the new comp rate but sometimes they forget-

WOW- This sure is GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!! Berta

Berta

The DD came this morning. That was quick. It seems to be all there since I was only paid at the 10% rate before. But I thought that P and T meant there would be no more exams but they scheduled it anway. maybe when or if they read the additional informaion they requested that will resolve the issue. My doctor sent them a letter explaining their error with 2 of the items I was rated for are permanent not temporary. There is no cure..

Will I get an award letter for the 80%? Is there any point is fight the first rating? I already sent the info in to fight before the TDIU award. Two isses should have been 60 and 60 not 30 and 20. One other was not rated but by VA math it looks to me that it still rounds to 90.

They are 50, 10, 10, 60, 60 and another 40 all casued by one disease.

Glad it is over!!!

Merry christmas

SE

• HadIt.com Elder

I would try and get the future exam issue resolved since you are getting Chapter 35 benefits there should be no more reviews.