• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    CoolHandDevil505

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Roger That Gastone Will do ASAP. Thanks
    • Load, your at 90%, is your Direct Deposit account set up to Txt/Email you in real-time, regarding all Financial Transactions? Prior to 01/03/2016, I would have agreed with Buck, regarding E-Ben being less than accurate as to Future Completion Dates. I've had (2) Awards in 16, E-Ben posted updates at Least (2) weeks before the Retro Hit. In years past, Retro Hit about a min of 3 weeks before your Decision Letter Arrived, sometime after that, E-Ben was updated to reflect your New Award Info. It definitely appears to me, somebody at E-Ben finally got their Sierra, Hotel, India, Tango together. Semper Fi
    • Thank you for responding.

All of the original claims were denied of “The evidence does not show a current diagnosed disability” with the exception of the chronic sinusitis, which stated there was no event in service. He claimed no problems even though over 100 pages of civilian medical records for treatments showed otherwise.

In May of 2012 I sent back the following letter:
        Notice of Disagreement (NOD)
      Dear Sir/Madame: I am in receipt of your letter of 11 April 2012. In that letter you have denied my application for a disability
      rating I claimed 16 AUG 2011.

Please accept this letter as my Notice of Disagreement (NOD) with your decision.

My reason for this NOD is an incomplete CP exam was performed along with the examiner not reviewing multiple current civilian medical records and diagnoses.

I request a Decision Review Officer Process (DRO) appeal and I request a personal hearing.

I never did get a personal hearing but it turns out they did send a packet in Dec 2012/Jan2013.  I did not remember this until I went through my files. Sorry about that  - I really didn't think I had received back anything.  Dangit - It really gets frustrating when you can't recall a lot of things.  This head injury really screwed up my life!

It turns out they did send me a request additional data and I sent in a Statement in Support of Claim.  I also did find a copy of the VA Form 9 requesting a hearing but it was only to appeal two of the original issues, and out of that the TBI was eventually rated. 

I don't recall getting a docket number.

SO - false alarm.  Again, my apologies for not recalling any of this.  The only thing I need to worry about is having my existing ratings reversed, which I hope is safe because of all the documentation, including VA doctor letters.  If anything, the TBI residue is more severe than what they rated and only gets worse every year.

• Just did a quick read, did you say anything about your Direct Deposit Account getting Retro Deposit yet? 01/03/16, went on my E-Ben site for my yearly 100% IU T & P Confirmation Letter, to file for the yrly MI DAV Property Tax Exemption. Much to my surprise, the Confirmation page now showed I was 100% Scheduler T & P and receiving $354?.00 per mos instead of the $31??.00 that was actually deposited 01/01/16. The Retro from the 12/15/15 Quality Control Award, hit my bank account about 2 weeks later. If E-Ben now shows your at 100%, don't sweat the Development Letter Deal, just be sure your Direct Deposit Account is set to Txt/Email you in real-time regarding all Financial Transactions. Swmper Fi
    • Buck, Pun intended, Quit Dicking around. Send the Secure Msgs requesting the ED DBQ to your PCP, Urologist and MH Clinician. Remember to give a Reader's Digest version of your ED Symptom Timeline. You Officially file a request for their assistance on your MHV Secure Msg, the Request is Noted in your VMC Med Record within a couple days, as is their response to your Msg. After you get the response, attach a copy to your ED FDC and hit the Submit Button. With your ED Issues discussion being in your respective VMC Clinician's Treatment Notes &/or the DBQs, an ED C & P should be unnecessary. The SMC K Award would be added to your 100% Comp + SMC S (1) for a total of about $3545.00 per mos (Vet w/Wife). Semper Fi

Mcafee

Dro Review

12 posts in this topic

Hello All Hope All Is Well. I have recently filed a NOD for an Increase that was less than Favorable. My Question is when you file the NOD and request a DRO Review what is the Time frame or is there a time Frame for VARO to assist and gather the necessary information to process or make a decision on the claim. Before if the new decision is again not favorable and you move forward to BVA. Under Rules and Regulations there Is a Time frame as for when you have a limited time to file on any of your claims. such as 120 days or 90 days and so forth. I need some kind of clarification Thank You .

Hello All Hope All Is Well. I have recently filed a NOD for an Increase that was less than Favorable. My Question is when you file the NOD and request a DRO Review what is the Time frame or is there a time Frame for VARO to assist and gather the necessary information to process or make a decision on the claim. Before if the new decision is again not favorable and you move forward to BVA. Under Rules and Regulations there Is a Time frame as for when you have a limited time to file on any of your claims. such as 120 days or 90 days and so forth. I need some kind of clarification Thank You .

Note: I might have misread your question. The senario below is a situation where both the initial decision and the DRO decision were "no."

Just my thoughts; my DRO decision was negative and I have submitted new and material evidence which I "hope" is reviewed before BVA action. I wouldn't count on the VARO being much help in "assisting and gathering." I've found that if I don't do it personally, then it just doesn't get done.

The timeframe for the VARO receiving new and material evidence is from the date of DRO denial to the date the BVA reviews the case--that is my opinion. My new evidence was received in February and I have been submitting documents as recently as last week. They will send you letters (e.g., Vasquez-Flores, etc.) telling you about getting evidence submitted within 30 days, but it has been my experience that as long as the case has not gone to the BVA you can keep submitting.

My DRO decision was 31 Jan 08, almost seven months ago. I don't look for any type decision for many months in the future.

Others may have different opinions--this is just mine.

Good luck with your claim!

Ron

Edited by Ron II

For me I had a DRO Hearing in 2 months and a DRO decision the same day as the Hearing. The answer was No.

Pete & Ron

What was the time frame between your NOD filing and your DRO review?

Filed claim 03 VA lost paperwork

Refiled 2x 04

Exams (2) 05

Granted partial 06

Jul 06 NOD and DRO DE NOVO

Oct 06 VA declared me deceased

Mar 07 VA proposed to sever Req Personal Hearing

Sept 07 Personal Hearing

Mar 08 Granted 1 more 2nd stll denied ( 3rd time)

Apr 08 Form 9 and 646

Jul 08 BVA

There are some other issues here too but just wanted you to see my basic timeline...other info's sent IMO's, etc. B)

Edited by halos2

I did not file a Form 9 just a letter asking for a Hearing. Had the Hearing in under 2 months and the denial the same day althought not to my face. He just mailed it to me the same day.