VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increase For 0% Sc Lumbar And Cervical Strain

Rate this question

Alb

Question

Had a C&P done for increased 0% SC for lumbar and cervical strain. Had medical documentation of increased problems over the years along with MRI,s etc. This is what the examiner wrote: Diagnosis: Cervical strain, recurrent. Degenerative disc disease cervical spine, not caused by or aggravated by cervical strain. cervical radiculopathy. problem associated with diagnosis: cervical strain. Lumbar sprain, recurrent. Degenerative disc disease lumbar spine not caused by or aggravated by lumbar strain. Lumbar radiculopathy. Problem associated with diagnosis: lumbar strain. I have noted no effects of SC condition on occupation and daily activities because the SC condition has" resolved." She does have major effects from her NSC condition. P.A. Was a medical opinion requested? No. My Claim came back 0%, stating the evidence from the C&P cited this disability has resolved. However private treatment records submitted shows you now have degenerative disc disease. Va examiner indicated that this condition is not related to the strain which was incurred in service. Your current spine symptoms are solely related to your disc disease which is not considered service connected. It basicly states the same thing for my lumbar area. Cervical Flexion 0-10 degrees with pain and Lumbar flexion 0-30 degrees with pain. How do I appeal the examiners statment that the service condition has resolved and get the rating. I guess under, DDD try to change my dx which is hard, or they should still give me a rating for the strain because loss range of motion under forward flexion. If the later, how do I fight her dx. The examination was done by a Physican Assistant and did not request a medical opinion.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

get a IMO from a neuro doc. DDD does not show up overnight, and it is likely that is the actual problem that you have dealt with all along. Click the Spine Claim Repository link in my signature. It has all the rating criteria and examinations in it. I freakin' hate it when they do this. They did it to me for 15 years before I wised up to their little secrets.

Edited by rentalguy1