VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100%disable Vet To Apply For Ssdi

Rate this topic

Maurice

Hello my Hadit.com Friends, Is it a lot easily to get benefits from SSA if you are a Disable Veteran rated 100%? I need help. Good Luck with your claims

Edited by Maurice

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our experience was that it was (100% schedular rated, not TDIU), however, just to tip the odds a bit more in our favor, we hired Binder and Binder to represent my husband. Applied in September 2007, got the award letter in March 2008 that benefits would begin in April 2008. Much of the information Binder requested was of its own making, their own forms, questionnaires, etc., for both my husband and his doctors, so we essentially answered a lot of questions before the SSA asked them. Also, we sent in copies of C & P exams from the VA, as well as documentation that my husband was rated 100% disabled.

So, although there are no guarantees, I would make sure the SSA was aware of your VA status, and vice versa (should the VA ever call you in for re-examinations).

• HadIt.com Elder

For some getting SSD is pretty easy, and for others it is very difficult. I believe that at present their is a large backlog of SSD claims just like the VA. It is common for people to have to get lawyers for SSD. You can apply and then if you are denied then get the lawyer for the appeals. Just remember the SSA will only approve you if they believe you cannot do any kind of work for at least one year. You have to wait 6 months from the time the SSA decides you became disabled to get paid if you are approved. Then two years after that you can get medicare part A and part B.

I got SSD in about 4 months without an exam. I was lucky I think.

I would say yes. Apply, be sure to send them your VA approval showing your 100% approval....if you were granted IU; all the better. Just in my opinion, don't worry about an attorney the first go around, my SSDI was approved very quickly without any questions or even an exam but it is different for each case.

Good luck.

Purple and John are both correct, you don't need an attorney and many applicants try it alone on the first go-around. In our case, we wanted to make the first attempt as strong a shot as possible. The attorney only wins when the applicant wins, and there's a cap on the fee. In our case, we didn't have any retro due, so we paid the fee out of our pockets after all was said and done, $1,000. I looked at it as an investment that paid off.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use