VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Receiving Pay Rate As Single Veteran

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Pearlranger:

Welcome to Hadit. You have received good advise and have taken some action to put on record that you think you deserve a higher rating. I wish you good luck.

Don't depend on your Service Officer to do anything more than proforma work for you. Hadit has great resources and you can always ask questions and usually get good help.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Niki

The VA has a special regulation: Whenever possible, the VA operates in the most inefficient, and least favorable to the Veteran as possible.

They could well have messed up your dependents. I have been trying to get them to award my dependents since 2002, and they still have never paid me for dependents until 2006. I am trying to get back pay from 2002 through 2006.

Fortunately, I found my original application listing my dependents and I have filed a "Special Handling Request" due to shredded documents. That is, my dependent benefits were assumed to be lost, when I have copies of them.

The VA is so busy awarding bonuses to its employees, they dont have time to process Veterans claims.