VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans With 100% Disability

Rate this question

Guest johnson123

Question

Guest johnson123

Dear Veteran's, 100 % Permanent Disabled,

You have the right to use ALL facilities on the Bases, including Legal Services. I now have a claim in and I now have a JAG that is my POA. I hope this information may help another Vet.

Johnson

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest johnson123

Actually, I do have A-Space Flights, I came across something interesting when I checked my ID Card 2765, which states Medical Direct/no, Civilian/no..but if you Google the ID Card you will find you are still eligible for Tricare. I do not make this statement and truth or not, I only state what I read. Also check card 1173 and find out what your benefits are under your ID Card. Mine States, I'am not a civilian. I'am not Military Retired.

• HadIt.com Elder

You can fly space available on Coast Guard flights only. Perhaps someday, you can fly regular space available.

0. May 100% DAV use TML? Most military lodging units accept 100% DAV (Disabled American Veterans) on a Space-A basis if it is possible. In fact the Hale Koa Hotel, AFRC specifically mentions 100% DAV in their brochure as being eligible. One problem that 100% DAV have encountered has been caused by the color of their ID Card (DD-1173). It is the same color (buff or butterscotch) as carried by family members. Many times 100% DAV are turned away from facilities which require family members to be accompanied by their sponsor. The "ID card-checking authority" assumes this 100% DAV is not a military member but a "dependent" or family member. The DoD is now issuing a new card, DD Form 2765, Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card to 100% DAVs in lieu of the older DD Form 1173. The new card is issued to sponsors, other than active duty military members, who are entitled to uniformed services benefits and privileges. Editor's Note: This new card, DD Form 2765 does not change the fact that 100% DAVs are not entitled to fly Space-A air on DoD aircraft. They may fly Space-A on DoT (U.S. Coast Guard) aircraft.

Guest johnson123

You are right in what you state, however, I'am right in what I state, I'am 100% disabled from service connected injury, in hospital in the line of duty, perhaps, that is why I have A-Space.

• HadIt.com Elder

The way they look at it is this. If your check comes from a DFAS center and you are medically retired from service then you can fly. If you have the blue id CARD.

The Tan Card looks just like the issued dependant ID card and SPACE A will not allow it.

J

J,

What are you quoting from? Please provide a link to the information you cited.

Is there any other advantage you can think of that would warrant a trip to another state 2+ hours away to change out the color of my ID card other than lodging and Space A travel?

I no longer live near a military installation or reserve unit that issues ID cards and it was a major fiasco (two trips, had to produce promotion orders from 20 years ago - who says being a pack rat is a bad thing? nobody who's ever had a VA claim, that's for sure) to get the one I have.

Thanks,

TS Snave

This is a little off-topic but could solve some of the color of ID card problems. I'd like to see 100% vet's issued a different color of ID card. I grow tired of being asked who my sponsor is. I propose that they be....................purple!

Edited by purple