vlb-hadit-discount

vlb-all-products

vlb-c-file-manual

BlakePaigeStone

70% Ptsd / Tdiu / P&t

13 posts in this topic

Dear HadIt.Com;

I just received a letter from the VARO-St. Paul, MN stating that they are scheduling another/new C&P Examination for me. I was rated P&T on May 30, 2002; and the rating report stated that there would be no future examinations scheduled.

Why am I now receiving this letter? Does anyone know why there are service-connected examinations being scheduled for P&T awardees?

I am also in the Philippines, so will the VARO require that I take this exam at the VAMC-Hawaii or here in VA-Manila Outpatient Clinic?

Any comments, information, or suggestions are welcome. Please advise!

Unfortunately with the VA; nothing is "P&T". From what I've heard if they schedule exams, even when your initial letter said "no further exams" it is usually after the first 10 years.

Have you reported any income to the VA? or to Social Security? if yes, either one of those would tip them off.

Has your condition improved? That could tip them off.

It could be a number of things....I try not to think like the VA does; it gives me migraines....

take care & good luck,

Don't sweat it. If your disabilities are static it will be a simple review.

More that likely they will schedule the exam in Manilla.

You need to find out what reason they are requiring an exam when you are P&T. Some Doc must have given a rosy report on you and they are checking on it.

If you have not improved than you have nothing to worry about

The VA is required by law to periodically examine all of our files. It's been several years since you've had a C&P, so that's why they are bringing you in. The only truly permanent rating is the one that has been in place for 20+ years. All others are subject to change. The good news here is that your rating has been in place for over 5 years, so that means it cannot be reduced based on a single C&P exam. Sustained improvement of the condition(s) must be shown through two or more exams. I would suggest clicking the link to the Mental Health Claim Repository in my signature line and reading up on what the exam entails and what the rating criteria are. Then go to the exam as requested.

You didn't say if you had any other claims pending, or had anything on appeal perhaps for an earlier effective date. If you do, then it's common to be called in for a C & P to examine you based on your claim or appeal.