70% Ptsd / Tdiu / P&t

13 posts in this topic

Dear HadIt.Com;

I just received a letter from the VARO-St. Paul, MN stating that they are scheduling another/new C&P Examination for me. I was rated P&T on May 30, 2002; and the rating report stated that there would be no future examinations scheduled.

Why am I now receiving this letter? Does anyone know why there are service-connected examinations being scheduled for P&T awardees?

I am also in the Philippines, so will the VARO require that I take this exam at the VAMC-Hawaii or here in VA-Manila Outpatient Clinic?

Any comments, information, or suggestions are welcome. Please advise!

Unfortunately with the VA; nothing is "P&T". From what I've heard if they schedule exams, even when your initial letter said "no further exams" it is usually after the first 10 years.

Have you reported any income to the VA? or to Social Security? if yes, either one of those would tip them off.

Has your condition improved? That could tip them off.

It could be a number of things....I try not to think like the VA does; it gives me migraines....

take care & good luck,

Don't sweat it. If your disabilities are static it will be a simple review.

More that likely they will schedule the exam in Manilla.

You need to find out what reason they are requiring an exam when you are P&T. Some Doc must have given a rosy report on you and they are checking on it.

If you have not improved than you have nothing to worry about

The VA is required by law to periodically examine all of our files. It's been several years since you've had a C&P, so that's why they are bringing you in. The only truly permanent rating is the one that has been in place for 20+ years. All others are subject to change. The good news here is that your rating has been in place for over 5 years, so that means it cannot be reduced based on a single C&P exam. Sustained improvement of the condition(s) must be shown through two or more exams. I would suggest clicking the link to the Mental Health Claim Repository in my signature line and reading up on what the exam entails and what the rating criteria are. Then go to the exam as requested.

You didn't say if you had any other claims pending, or had anything on appeal perhaps for an earlier effective date. If you do, then it's common to be called in for a C & P to examine you based on your claim or appeal.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • 21-0581? It's an auto form sent every eight years. You can respond with that or 21-686c- If you don't they'll take your dependent(s) off your award and you'll get a nifty little letter from Debt Management Center- back to when the last dependency form was submitted. People neglect to take off their ex, so that form kinda prevents you from getting a massive overpayment.
    • Your award will say: CH35 Dependent's Educational Assistance
    • I sent the info to my VA claim reps.. not sure if they are of any help yet... who knows.. *sigh   for those that don't know what it's like to be harranged, questioned, grilled, and have some inept intern jumping up and down on your stomach with pancreas disease is horrific pain, even with morphine.. it is very painful to talk... because the muscles you use for everything  use muscles in the stomach area... moving walking breathing are all extremely painful... and they want you to explain what it's like to spend 1/2 your life in hell.... they write that down and send it to some clerk with no medical training... 3rd time around! why?? why?? why?? why?? the surgeons talked me everyday for 6 months as inpatient, boxes and boxes of va medical records, and a 3rd time at some clinic for questions and exam again, they can't see anything from outside the body! They can only interrogate me, and poke me!!! Every year they (VA) catscan the pancreas and disease cysts and diseased arteries to my liver and heart. the cysts are pre-cancerous that line my dying pancreas, necrotized pancreas. also have budd-chiari syndrome. Not enough blood gets through the liver to the heart because the arteries and veins are diseased. So, I am very limited on physical activity and the veins break and often lead to death if the wrong ones break. often, I pee straight blood, but if I vomit blood it means I am dying because of those veins can't stop the bleeding  by the stomach. Was tube fed 6 months without the ability to eat or drink. isn't that enough?
    • EODCMC, I can certainly help you with this. Awarded SA claim came through for me this summer.  I too was diagnosed on AD, but didn't get a Bipap until 2 years ago.  Took VBA another 1.5 years to award claim, and I was successful through Board of Vet Appeals.  I did a few things to prepare for BVA while they were gathering eveidence. #1 was I researched similar claims that BVA had awarded/granted compensation for the vet with SA.  There are hundreds of similar case to ours.  Then I had my Sleep doctor sign a nexus letter after he reviewed my military records and he concluded that SA was diagnosed and symptoms were the same / worse than when I was on AD.  Show disease progressed.  I send in letters to the Regional office handling my case by uploaded through eBenefits.  #3, I went through my military med records and found each time I complained to a doctor about symptoms of SA.  Put all that into another letter and uploaded to my claim.  Well worth the effort.   As for going to the VA sleep clinic, they wouldn't touch me until VBA granted SA claim.  I did read somewhere that after your awarded you can do a claim for the part tri-care didn't pay for your machine.  Sleep lab may be able to help you with that info, or maybe Prosthetics department.   Best wishes
    • Sorry you're having to go through that brother. But if it makes you feel any better they did the same shit to me and probably others. Hang in there.