• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Kris173

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I am a bit confused about the qualifications on this particular item.   I have read .. hell I can not even explain it as really because it confuses me that much so I am just going to be blunt.. would I qualify for consideration for housebound?  I stay at home most of the time as I am tired most of the time(sleep apnea)/spinal stenosis (which increases tremendously when I travel)/radiculopathy down both legs and anxiety issues. My fiance' does most of the chores around the house.  She would take me to VA appointments because I get easily distracted (because of pain) and basically easily upset when I drive, but she of course works so she can not. I have a total rating of 90% with TDIU 100% 70% for depression and the rest of my issues are various ranging from 30%'s/20%'s and a 10%.
    • Keep in mind, these are strictly personal opinions offered by Hadit members, usually based on to a certain degree, personal experience. Just my personal take, your Bladder Trauma Claim as Secondary to your MST,  in and of itself, really has no bearing on your SC of PTSD. I made a note of your PTSD DBQ Dr's response to Evidence Review Section V 5A, as I recall, I found it troubling. If you choose to, look at it, what do you think? You did mention you just got a 30% SC Rating, with the PTSD & Bladder Claim Deferred. Do not be looking for a "Quick" claim resolution, an "Inferred IU Claim" statement in an Award Letter is good. As to anything else in your original claim being put off as "Inferred," is troubling. I could be wrong and for your sake, I hope I am.
    • I just received the VA EED Award letter today. The Detroit RO CUE Review team must be on the stick. E-Ben 05/17/16 EED CUE Review Claim closed 07/16, Decision Letter mailed 08/21. Retro Deposit Hit 08/24, Award Letter arrived 08/25. That has to be close to Speed of Light, as far as VA Decisions go. Semper Fi
    • Can't say I've filed any other FOIA Requests, other than for my C-File. The VA Addressed  your FOIA request, when they acknowledged receipt of it by US Mail. Addressing & completion of the Request seem to be (2) different things. I can't recall any Vet posting that they got their C-Files, on paper or now on CD, in less than a year. When I got mine in 01/2014, 9in of paper and was only complete up yo the FOIA Filing Date of 09/12. If there is something in your C-File that you are certain that really need to see and make a copy of, make an appointment for a Supervised Personal View and ability to make limited page copies, at your RO. Not easy to do but it can be done. Semper Fi
    • Keli, yes the VBA (Veterans Benefit Administartion) is the division responsible.  You may want to peruse this:  http://benefits.va.gov/benefits/factsheets.asp

SSGmajik

Va Incompetence

12 posts in this topic

I recently was denied for an increase for my spine injury. I am currently 40% for my thorocumbular because of my ROM especially only a 5 degree forward flexion and 50% total. I went to my C&P in July 08' and was measured for my cervical ROM not my Lumbar. I received NOD letter, but the big shock was they said my lumbar was showing signs of improvement and that I showed a 40 degree forward flexion. The 40 degree forward flexion was froma really old C&P and that is the only place I can think of that they got that measurement since I was not measured during this last C&P. That shows you how close they really do look at your medical evidence! I also was denied multiple things wrong with my spine and the medical evidence is there! The VA said the doctor does not say it's service connected! My whole spine injury is service connected and the past 4 MRI's since my injur has showed that it is degenerating and the EMG showed nerve damge and yet it was denied! Cleveland VA is the worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SSGmajik

Does your C&P mention Wadell test or tests?? It would probably be towards the bottom of the C&P above the Diagnosis somewhere..

No waddell test! I use a cane to walk because my pain and numbness down my right leg is so bad that I lose my balance or my leg just gives out and I fall. Should there have been a waddell test?

No, the reason I asked was the VA can use the test during the C&P to imply a Veteran is "Malingering" and not grant an increase for that reason.. You would think that an X-ray/MRI or nerve conduction test would be enough to prove the problem is organic and not mental, but they use it.. I have seen them alot on increase for spine issue C&Ps, including mine..

Well my congressman has got involved and my VA doctor wants to know what evidence they were looking at because what he wrote in my records contradicts what they are saying. All my MRI's and X-rays prove my case, but the VA always try's to find loop holes to not give you ratings. Thank you for your insight Tig.

No problem, I have alot of SC spine related issues and just thought you might want to watch for that test on your C&Ps. It seems to be more and more considered out dated, often misused and doesn't signify malingering.. I would almost bet they used it during your exam, but maybe not... If you need any info on it let me know..