VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hysterectomy

Rate this question

david walker

Question

I have a friend who is on active duty, she will soon ETS. She had a hysterectomy immediately after the delivery of her second child (5 years ago). She planning on filing for SC. Can she do this, she's fine. I find it hard to believe she can get 50% for this and someone with real suffering can't get but 20%. I'm just a litte Peeved.

7617 Uterus and both ovaries, removal of, complete:

For three months after removal............................. \1\ 100

Thereafter................................................. \1\ 50

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am glad that this post has evolved because I know a lot of my "friends" feel as though my ailment does not warrant the level of disability that I receive. To all who feel the same, please remember that we are women and this is a woman disease and we as women tend to mask our ailments to show that we are of strong nature, even though it might be tearing us apart inside. I constantly look for someone to tell me why! I am not the wife to my husband that I used to be! Sure, intimacy can be obtained after you conquer all the obstacles, but most of the times the obstacles keep you from obtaining intimacy! I've changed and I hate it!!!

Swan

mad.gif

I too am glad that this post has evolved. I currently have an appeal case and attended my c&p exam yesterday. I had high grade dysplasia w/hpv effect and filed for SC for that in July of 08. They flat out denied it being service connected even tho the medical evidence is there... and I appealed of course, requesting DRO review...also adding cervical cancer/hysterectomy related to the hpv. Since Hpv is the leading cause of cervical cancer.

Anyway, I went this morning got the c&p report and his words are "Therefore, per the question posed, this veteran's HPV finding in service is most certainly related to the squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix/hysterectomy."

They removed cervix, uterus and partial of one ovary... why they did that hell only knows but i had a tumor on my ovary and they left part of an ovary UGH... which resulted in a tubo/ovarian abscess that nearly killed me because I thought they took my ovary and I thought it was my appendix. Ultrasound failed to detect an ovary but surgery report says they didn't take it all...SO...I dont know where that leaves me as far as ovaries are concerned.

So my question is if anyone knows... I am currently rated at 80%... 50 for depression, 10 for degenerative disc disease of the Lspine, 10 right knee surgical repair, 10 left knee surgical repair, 10 right hip, 10 left hip, and 10 for jaw dislocation/tmj

How will this affect my rating? and what maybe do I have to look forward to as far as back pay...

I appreciate all help and if that even means reposting on another thread to get some answers.

Thanks!