VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Above 100%

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are rated at the 100% schedular level the VA is supposed to "consider" you for housebound. You need some evidence to show housebound, but they are supposed to consider it because being 100% means you have a severe disability. In my experience the VA never considers it unless you claim it. This is what I have read in the Veterans Benefits Manual.

• HadIt.com Elder

I noticed you are 170% so you get more than 100% pay. If I remember right aren`t you a PTSD vet?

Cavman

Cavman, I have a single 100 percent disability for a Pulmonary issue and a combination of others totaling another 110 percent but rounded down to 70 per VA math. SMC S.

J

Edited by jbasser

You can't get more than 100%! IF the individual had done the math or used the rating table, he would have seen the rating table only goes to 100%. If you don't know what your talking about, please don't ASSUME.

If this helps, I'm 305% by your math. You call it the VA math. Actually if you know why they do what they do, you'd agree with the math.

Your 100% whole when you entered into the military unless you had some preexisting conditions. If you had PTSD at 50%, Sleep Apnea at 50%, Left Leg Injury at 40% and Right Ankle Injury at 30%, this is how the DVA would figure your rating:

100-40 (left leg)=60 x 30% (Right Ankle)=18 +40=58 plus 10%(the bilateral factor) of 58 (6)=64 64 is your highest rating.

100-64=36 x 50%=18 + 64= 82 100-82=18 x 50% = 9+82=91 Your rated at 90% disabled.

I have posted this several times, but if you haven't work in the area of the DVA were they would LOVE to change the percentages, you could be rated at 50% instead of 90%. The DVA would lower the ratings Say get 10% for Sleep Apnea with a CPAP instead of 50%, get the picture. Not allow rounding on a 10 pt basis, but instead do it on a 5 pt basis. Do you know how many 100% disabled veterans would be reduced?

There is an old saying, "don't ask for something, you might get it!" In other words, what you will get will be worse than what you have now. This is why the Major Veterans Organizations are OPPOSED to this. Only those people that wish to have the numbers add up, don't realize that they are trying to screw themselves and everyone else to boot.

The SMC (Special Monthly COmpensation) chart rates are well over 100%.

For example (this is without 2008 COLA in the last VBM)

a single veteran rated at SMC R-2 gets $7,232 per month-

we have veterans here who get more than 100%.

The M21-1 "mandates" that the VA MUST consider SMC as an inferred issue as John said.

I am fighting a CUE claim over this presently. VA did not 'infer' SMC in a prior 1997 decision regarding my husband- 100% PTSD and 100% Sec 1151.

They have to infer SMC in any case where the medical evidence warrants "possible entitlement."

My CUE claim however just become moot as now the VA has to prepare a new award for direct SC death and then finally consider the deceased veteran for SMC. The award letter I got last week was deficient and they are correcting it.

The posthumous rating must be 100% SC PTSD and 100% SC CVA (both supported by 2 separate and total SSA awards as well as VA ratings -I explained why here many times-and now 100% due to CAD due to DMII ).

I told them to keep the obvious "S" award and give him a posthumous higher SMC level due to the established medical evidence in the C file at time of his death.

Lack of proper SMC consideration in awards for 100% or TDIU as well as a lack of knowledge on the veteran's or vet rep's part -of this benefit -allows the VA to skim off retro by deliberately 'forgetting'to consider SMC comp- "mandated" per NVLSP.

If the medical evidence warrants a SMC award and the VA denied SMC or did not ecven consider SMC in a past final unappealed decision- a CUE claim can be filed against that decision.

Lack of proper SMC consideration in awards for 100% or TDIU as well as a lack of knowledge on the veteran's or vet rep's part -of this benefit -allows the VA to skim off retro by deliberately 'forgetting'to consider SMC comp- "mandated" per NVLSP.

If the medical evidence warrants a SMC award and the VA denied SMC or did not ecven consider SMC in a past final unappealed decision- a CUE claim can be filed against that decision.

Berta,

Yes this happened to me but my CUE claim goes in this morning......thanks for the info.....

Edited by Teac