VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

20-8992 Letter?

Rate this question

Eric_M

Question

Today, I received a letter from the VARO stating they had received my claim for compensation, and they were sorry for the delay. I'm about 90 days into this most recent claim.

Very strange. My claim is at the Portland Oregon RO, this letter was clearly marked San Diego, CA.

Does this mean my claim is now in San Diego, or are they just sending out "sorry" letters?

Eric

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Now you know why your claim is denied - they send out these worthless letters which wastes valuable time. As to your second question it looks like you have been farmed out to the San Diego VARO. I guess Portland is exteremly backed up at this point.

I guess I should be happy it wasn't a "deniel letter".

Such BS, I know it is tough deciding these claims, but mine is pretty easy. The info I sent them makes it very simple to make the decision. 90+ days to extend a decision made 6 months ago.

I need to get a job at the VA.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Eric

I dont necessarily think this means your claim was "farmed out" and I will explain why, and how you can maybe find out, and why that is important.

I got a recent (April 08) RO decision from Cleveland on St. Petersburg cover letter. It was signed by the manager at Cleveland..with St. Pete cover letter.

What this means..my case was not "farmed out", however, the "default cover letter" probably is a red flag that "funny stuff" is going on. In other words, someone is logging into somebody elses RO account..why would they do that?

Most likely: Employee fraud.

Did I log into your email address? Your credit card account? Your bank account? No..and if i did, would you not be very suspicious of my reasons? Where did I get your username/password, and what other usernames/passwords of yours do I have..get my point?

Oh, sure, sometimes people "share" email accounts, passwords..especially husbands and wives.

But I am not sure that ONE Regional Office is authorized to log into another RO's account..that makes me very, very suspicious..especially with the VA already accused of shredding documents and faking dates.

I recommend you find out..do an IRIS email and ask them if your claim was farmed out, and, if so, to who.

I have had nothing but trouble with my claim..and to prevent this, I would recommend getting to the bottom of this.