30 + 10% = 37
37 + 10% = 43
43 is rounded down to 40%
you get 40%
and it only gets tougher the higher your rating is. Its simply a percentage of whats left. If you are 50% and get another 50%, you get half of whats left, only 25%. So, the original 50% plus 50% of 50, or 25% for a total of 75%. That is a simple explanation. It gets more complicated with bilateral ratings, etc.
Fun with math,
Many people do not realize that tinnitus may be caused by dental treatment: https://www.tinnitusformula.com/library/dental-issues-and-tinnitus
The article includes case study references for many of the potential causes.
- Dental drills
- Ultrasonic plaque removal
- Abscesses, Impacted Wisdom Teeth and TMJ
- Mercury Amalgam Fillings
Who would have thought any of those might lead to tinnitus?
Because seejeremy is SC for MDD-70%, there may be a possibility that it could lead to bruxism.
Of course, the doc writing it might be interested in reviewing medical/dental/MH records from in service and after in order to tie it all together with adequate medical rationale.
In my case, I my tinnitus is SC secondary to my SC TMJ. The military yanked all my third molars and left me with a permanently dislocated jaw and TMJ dysfunction. My nexus came from an audiologist.