This eBook will teach you how to get C-Files (paper and electronic) from the VA Regional Office.
How to Get your VA C-File

• Topics

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Awaiting BVA Remand for R-2
      Asknod...  Was that a yes??
    • Fully Developed Cue
      My current rating is 100% P&T for "PTSD with Bipolar Disorder, agorophobia, and alcoholism in sustained remission" I was initially 70%  PTSD with Bipolar Disorder, TDIU P&T but developed liver issues (cirrhosis).  I am almost 9 years sober today, but wanted the liver connected in case I don't make it the 10 years for my wife to get DIC. I got my treatment notes in order at my CBOC and rolled the dice with LARO, filing a new claim for "alcoholism with liver damage secondary to PTSD with Bipolar disorder".  I also went back and service connected all the contentions from the 2003 rating that I was never notified properly of, i.e. left ankle, lower back, migraines, GERD and also combined the CUE claim.  All contentions were awarded except GERD and CUE. This opened the door to appealing for an EED instead of appealing the CUE denial itself. My first malady is PTSD, various psychiatrists and I agree it was my stressor event that kicked off the bipolar disorder. I was so short in the army when the bad behavior started.  There just wasn't enough time to get caught before discharge. First hospital stay was in Germany at a German hospital, 5 months after discharge for attempted suicide.  It went downhill from there.  Many inpatient stays over the next 8 years were VAMC after I returned to the States fresh off a divorce.   I was not diagnosed with PTSD till 2011, fifteen years after my bipolar diagnosis.  
    • ratings
      what is listed above is taken from Ebenifits.  That's why I can't figure it out.
    • DRO hearing
      Well I don't know what the REP is doing now but I have somebody helping me write up the CUE now. The DRO will not give in and will not rate it without a new C&P exam. Well hopefully Dr. Bash will do a new Nexus and a DBQ as part of my original payment to him for the same case. I feel the VA is Doctor Shopping and I find it appalling they are even allowed to do that.   Robert
    • How does one continue ?
      Buck, I hear ya. As I recall, My C-File copies weren't really in any chronological order, and ya, a pain to sit and go through. You can understand the VA wanting somebody sitting with you while you REVIEW your Paper C-File. The File is considered Evidence of Record and the VA has to maintain a Chain of Custody.  I'm sure no Vet would try to remove or add anything in, right but you never know. I don't think that's a problem with viewing the Digital Copy and it should be a hell of a lot easier on the eyes. Printing copies should be faster also. I hope to give it a try in the next month or so, will keep you apprised. If a Vet knew there was 1 or 2 things in his C-File, that he absolutely needed a copy of, I think the RO Visit would be a must. Semper Fi
    • Fully Developed Cue
      I thought this vet was DXed and hospitalized for bi polar 5 months after discharge. PTSD isn't the issue, the EED for it is.
    • Gulf War undiagnose illnesses and Chronic multisymptoms
      I'll try Pat992 and Buck and also read everything and anything K5one. This is going on year 5. Thank you all for your input.   Moving Forward
    • How does one continue ?
      How do you request your C-File. I never requested a C-File. I guess I need too. I might need to get a claims lawyer too.  
    • My husband died in motorcycle accident
      I just got 6 pages of the autopsy report I believe, but no heart slides or anything.  The lawyers office were saying that the IMO written by Dr. Gordon was really good and that they don't usually see a doctor write 6 pages. They asked me if I paid her and I said no the American Legion had her write it.  They said that their fee is higher because they don't take on a lot of workload. The lady from the law firm I talked to said they have a 90% successful rate.  It sounded like they might not suggest a new IMO but I don't know for sure. I will have to see what they say once they take a look at everything.

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jswells

Waiting For Dic

5 posts in this topic

My husband a Viet Nam Vet had been receiving 100% disability rating for about five years for diabetes and renal failure and stroke x2. He was getting dialysis at the V.A. He passed away in Jan. this year...How long must I wait to receive DIC? all the paperwork has been sent to regional office, a veterans representative helped me with this...I have this fear that it will take me as long to get approved for this as it took him which was years!

My husband a Viet Nam Vet had been receiving 100% disability rating for about five years for diabetes and renal failure and stroke x2. He was getting dialysis at the V.A. He passed away in Jan. this year...How long must I wait to receive DIC? all the paperwork has been sent to regional office, a veterans representative helped me with this...I have this fear that it will take me as long to get approved for this as it took him which was years!

I hope not-it took me over 3 years to get DIC. It took them over 6 years to award my husband 100% P & T and the award was posthumous- came 3 years after he died.

Have you received a VCAA letter yet?

if not perhaps VA has all the info they need-hard to tell-

Has the VA formally acknowledged ecipt of your 21-534 form?

Did the death certificate (and autopsy if done) clearly state diabetes copntributing?

Often DMII isnt put on DCs because diabetes doesnt directly cause death -it causes the conditions that can cause death.

If the DC states renal failure without connecting this to his diabetes-the VA most likely will want mor proof of his diabetes causing the renal failure.

Even the CVAs -did the Coroner put that as contributing to death on the death certificate?

I get DIC but found years later that Rod had DMII which caused him to have heart disease and CVAs.He was AO Nam vet.

I know there is probably no other etiology VA could possibly find for your husband's demise othen than the SC DMII.

I am familiar with diabetic cardiomyopathy and cerebral manifestations of DMII.

The VA however will fight this claim unless the evidence -the DC and any autopsy results is clear enough for them to connect the dots.

I am sure that ypur rep is fully aware of how these claims have to be worded.

You should not have any problems at all- but then again-after 20 years as a widow dealing with the VA- myself-they try to get out of paying whatever they can in DIC claims.

Did you receive his last compensation check for the month he died in?

Edited by Berta

I am trying to get this system to work with hadit, but keep getting block any suggestions

I hope not-it took me over 3 years to get DIC. It took them over 6 years to award my husband 100% P & T and the award was posthumous- came 3 years after he died.

Have you received a VCAA letter yet?

if not perhaps VA has all the info they need-hard to tell-

Has the VA formally acknowledged ecipt of your 21-534 form?

Did the death certificate (and autopsy if done) clearly state diabetes copntributing?

Often DMII isnt put on DCs because diabetes doesnt directly cause death -it causes the conditions that can cause death.

If the DC states renal failure without connecting this to his diabetes-the VA most likely will want mor proof of his diabetes causing the renal failure.

Even the CVAs -did the Coroner put that as contributing to death on the death certificate?

I get DIC but found years later that Rod had DMII which caused him to have heart disease and CVAs.He was AO Nam vet.

I know there is probably no other etiology VA could possibly find for your husband's demise othen than the SC DMII.

I am familiar with diabetic cardiomyopathy and cerebral manifestations of DMII.

The VA however will fight this claim unless the evidence -the DC and any autopsy results is clear enough for them to connect the dots.

I am sure that ypur rep is fully aware of how these claims have to be worded.

You should not have any problems at all- but then again-after 20 years as a widow dealing with the VA- myself-they try to get out of paying whatever they can in DIC claims.

Did you receive his last compensation check for the month he died in?

Dogman

Welcome to Hadit.

When you first sign up a Moderator has to approve your first post. Its something that had to be done to keep spammers out.

Don't worry soon all systems will be go.

I must say, I would have had trouble getting the VA to approve my DIC claim, if I had not been able to convince the emergency room doctor to list a service connected condition as "contributory". I think I could have linked his "cardiorespiratory arrest" to his service connected Wilson's Disease, but it would have taken a lot of work. And he was only rated 70% at the time, the 100% plus SMC (l, l, s) was just decided last month (he died in January). And the hospital wouldn't agree to an autopsy, and the organ bank wasn't interested in his organs, due to his illness.

My husband would have been ecstatic at the final decision, if only he'd been able to hold on a few more months.

It's terrible, isn't it? On top of all the emotional distress, we have to suffer financially, too. I don't know about everyone else, but I couldn't work full time, or even regular hours, as he required a great deal of care, and on call assistance, not to mention all the medical appointments.

Good luck to all,

Terri

(sobbing again)