VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

To All S/c Veterans And Those Working On It...

Rate this question

Meddac

Question

This is NOT intended to start a big squabble match nor to solicit defaming comments. Several of you know that I am here and who I work for. I only intend to help in the most sincere way. Some of you that I have contact with away from here can attest to that fact.

To all veterans: One of the quickest ways to get reduced is to lie about your conditions. You could get worse.

I had the chance encounter in the past 3 weeks to come across an increase claim for a veteran. After my usual work on the claim I did an administrative decision. That decision required my signature and 2 others. All three signatures came back to me today. As of 1:30 PM this afternoon when I left work, the claim, admin decision, and this veterans future are in dire straits. I proposed to sever all current benefits. Yes, the veteran is S/C for some things....or was S/C, and it was granted by an RO that I do not feel is up to the task of serving veterans. I would put them in your "Dirty Dozen", but I am not giving names. I had to hand carry the file to my rater to do the rating proposal. The rater was nearly done when I left for the day. My day was pretty much dead at that point. I don't feel good about what I had to do, but it was blatant and I caught it immediately.

My rater has had to do a CUE. It was CLEAR, it was UNMISTAKABLE, and it was an ERROR. I do not feel for this veteran at all, but I am also not proud of my task. I wish it had been someone elses digit, and not mine. It will cost the vet money, cause a large overpayment, and on Monday it will cost them their free medical care.

The story is very long, and I won't post it on here. It's on my chest, and I eventually have to vent it out....somehow. I just wanted you guys/gals to know that benefits can be reduced (which you already know), and that they can be taken away completely. We have a saying in our office that never really meant anything until today: "The wheels of the government move very, very slowly...but they move."

The veterean was S/C for about 3 years, and I feel like sh!t.

Sorry "c2"

Edited by Meddac

• Answers 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Meddac, it can't be easy for you divulging such to us here at hadit because you know we are all vets either sc or seeking entitlement to sc.

I can't imagine how/why someone would even want to go through the agony of submitting a claim with all that baggage attached. I mean, eventually, it has to come up and out...right?

I personally think it is a sad state of affairs when you have to mention on a site like this that lying is an absolute NO GO...what the heck...we're all suppose to be grown adults who know better. But I am sure there are those who use this site and others like it to (try) and manipulate the system and sadly...win, while those of us with legitimate claims wait for years to receive a 'proper' adjudication of our claim.

But, I thank you for your knowledge and willingness to share with us on here and correct us when we are wrong...it is, in my opinion, greatly appreciated.

Edited by luvHIM

• HadIt.com Elder
it bothers me that meddac comes on here and tells half a story..like it's a covert operation and then goes away and says see ya tomorrow..what's up with that????

It's a little strange, I agree. A simple citation to the Code of Federal Regulations would level the playing field, and no names need be mentioned. ~Wings

I think its interesting how we want to get a 'tude' because we all know who Meddac works for/and his/her position. But I ask...not really, If he/she was just one of us coming on here making a blanket statement it would be no big deal. But because he/she comes on here attempting to vent (first) we want call it something more and comment to it being some sort of covert operation.

Well, I know for a fact when I get upset...I tend to spout out things that I wish I had not. Maybe he/she needed to vent, as many of us do from time to time; collect his/her thoughts; and give more details later. Again, as many of us do all of the freakin time. So, what's up...are we so hungry for dirt that we get a 'tude' when we don't get all the juicy tid bits at once...or is there some of other concern...I wonder...

Go watch Flashpoint or Numbers...then check back in tomorrow for what's new on HADIT.

Edited by luvHIM

I can only speak for myself, and I appreciate all views that I read on the board. But I do have to admit that felt panic and was sitting here thinking "Why would they cut my S/C benefits, I haven't lied about anything?" - Paranoia will destroy ya! Then I read the second post that had some details, and breathed a sigh of relief *whew* - not even close to me. But just because you're not paranoid... :lol:

It is so sad that veterans have to fight tooth and nail to get benefits supposedly guaranteed by law, and then have a lifelong fight to keep the benefits once they have been awarded them. That being said, I think this is a good thread because it may prevent someone reading it from making a stupid mistake. However, any S/C veteran with a non-healthy case of paranoia will not like the first post at all! I didn't.

Simple fly, you are not the only vet...I don't like BS but I didn't take his/her post as such, either...if you read the post you would know who he/she works for because it is implied. And as far as getting into a pissing contest with you on this forum...not going to happen because its not that kind of party. It wasn't a big deal for him/her to post a vent and return tomorrow. All of us, who have been here any length of time, have done it. So, check yourself. If you don't want to check back in this weekend...then don't...damn. :lol: Most of us are on some sort of med of one kind or another...so I'll never let this forum take me to a place that is so serious I get as upset as you appear to be. Chill!

Edited by luvHIM

OK,Meddac's very first sentence when he opened this topic is, "This is NOT intended to start a big squabble match nor to solicit defaming comments." Meddac ended his first post stating,"The veterean was S/C for about 3 years, and I feel like sh!t.'Obviously, what ever happened today has had quite an effect on him.

Just a couple of posts after that he posted, "I will, after much thought on the matter and it's importance in principle attempt to "redact" (censor) as much as I can. I will type this whole affair out as best as I can without confirming identities, locations, etc.

It will take me a bit, but I will do it. That may even give me some relief in the matter.

I have to work tomorrow, but I will post what I can on here by Sunday afternoon. I will answer most, if not all, of the questions preceding this post." I have seen no reason not to take Meddac at his word. Unless one of us drops dead in the next day or two, then we will find out more aboutwhat happened today, what CUE was involved and why this veteran will most likelyhave their benefits totally reduced and/or severed.If one of us does drop dead between now and then - it won't matter to that person,what transpired today. I do notice, even in myself, that many of us are so aggravated with the VA we are quick

to jump the gun.When we get the oppourtunity to actually converse at HADIT, with what we're told is a VA employee,we will often show and/or take-out our anger distrust and frustration on this person. I feel another important issue to consider is that Meddac himself, is a disabled veteran. Until one shows me different, I choose to greet them with an open hand. jmho,carlie