• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Tazit

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • well I heard through the grapevine that SSA change some guidelines for 100% veterans in 2008  and use the VA Evidence  to approve the SSDI Claim...how true that is  I don't know?? but back in 2003 when I got TDIU P&T I filed for SSDI and was denied twice....they said my evidence did NOT Qualify to  SSA guidelines to be totally disabled  and denied me...so I waited until I turn 62 and applied for early SS Retirement   and get 957.00 month   but here lately I been thinking about refiling for SSDI b/c I'll be 65 on my next Birthday..if I live that long? I may hire a Good Experience SSDI  Attorney...still just thinking about it...I know I need to do something pretty fast...I would like the medicare Insurance  for outside health care and second opinions  rather than count on the VAMC. Good Luck to you Reiredat44   ..............................Buck
    • Ok, so now that the smoke cleared, Back to gathering evidence, 3rd request for evidence from VA, nothing needed from me. New end date 2/11/2017 I think the are reading this and playing with me, LOL, Hamslice  
    • Roger that. Maybe the rater will do the right thing here...I believe you will get the SMC's. The PTSD should get you 100% and they may defer it over to TDIU P&T IF YOU CAN'T FIND GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT & Based on a combined rating,  but its better if you get the stand alone 100% for MST =PTSD  b/c its easier to get higher ratings after your 100%. As you stay on hadit  you will learn from the members that's been there   from experience.  Hadit is all about helping fellow Veterans and we all try our best to make sure the Veteran gets his/her claim right the first time around..being in Appeals suck and takes a lot longer to win your claim...but some times that's needed to get a fair shake. Don't be shy about asking questions on here  that's how we all learn. There's no stupid questions as for as working your VA Compensation claim's , in your case I can see how  personal it is or anyone with MST That's an awful thing to have happen to a person any person. some times for some veterans they just get tired of the VA claims process and agree with the Decision..but I recommend if you don't agree with them...file that NOD  Form #21-0958 And if you can set down with your hubby and you guys talk things over   some times that works best as for as making a decision. to agree with the VA. I was not blessed with a daughter  (We had  Boys)...and I think of you and Navylife  As the daughters I never had...And I want you both to be very satisfied with your decision here. God Bless btw  Thank you for your service ..........................Buck  
    • I got SSDI when I was in my 30's. They fought me, I had pancreatic disease, spinal disease, and more and they made me go through appeals. I know some people who file, never see a doctor and get approved... and they file when they are older and get 2x more than I got. The whole system is crooked and rigged.
    • A week ago, I got the letter in the mail and the letter update in eBennies the same day. If snail mail normally takes a couple days to get to you, you may see it in eBennies first. Here is hoping for good news for you!, Hamslice  

bufloguy

Ankle Rating

13 posts in this topic

Quick question,

How is the Ankle rated? I can't find where it is rated in 38 CFR. Here are the results of a recent MRI of my ankle:

1. Findings present consistent with a stenosing tenosynovitis in region peroneal ligaments cephalad to tip of lateral malleolus.

2. Findings present consistent with degenerative changes/possible tendinitis involving segments of peroneal tendons distal to tip of lateral malleolus.

3. Normal anterior talofibular ligament not identified. This may be reflective of a chronic disruption.

The podiatrist says the talofibular ligament was ruptured, and I will need to have it rebuilt. I will be filing a claim, but I don't know how it's rated. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Quick question,

How is the Ankle rated? I can't find where it is rated in 38 CFR. Here are the results of a recent MRI of my ankle:

1. Findings present consistent with a stenosing tenosynovitis in region peroneal ligaments cephalad to tip of lateral malleolus.

2. Findings present consistent with degenerative changes/possible tendinitis involving segments of peroneal tendons distal to tip of lateral malleolus.

3. Normal anterior talofibular ligament not identified. This may be reflective of a chronic disruption.

The podiatrist says the talofibular ligament was ruptured, and I will need to have it rebuilt. I will be filing a claim, but I don't know how it's rated. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

38 CFR 4.71a

Thanks Sharon! I found the section, but have no idea what dx the injury would fall under. Basicaly it's a grade 3 sprain (total rupture) have to wear ankle braces or my ankle will fold under. Any Ideas?

Ideas anyone?

20%

Any idea which code it would be rated under?

5270 Ankle, ankylosis of:

In plantar flexion at more than 40°, or in

dorsiflexion at more than 10° or with abduction,

adduction, inversion or eversion deformity 40

In plantar flexion, between 30° and 40°, or in

dorsiflexion, between 0° and 10° ..................... 30

In plantar flexion, less than 30° ........................... 20

5271 Ankle, limited motion of:

Marked .................................................................. 20

Moderate .............................................................. 10

5272 Subastragalar or tarsal joint, ankylosis of:

In poor weight-bearing position ............................ 20