VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Complete Form Iu 21-8940

Rate this question

Anthony

Question

I accidently posted my question in the wrong forum so I am reposting it in this one.:lol: B)

I am rated at 70% and was sent VA form 21-8940 for Indiviual Unemployability to complete for verification of income and VA form "Employment Questionnaire".

I am self employed and don't know what amount should be put in box #16 item F on the Individual Unemployability form? Is it my gross monthly income for my business before expenses? or what I put in my pocket after expenses? On the Employment Questionnaire what would go in box 4F?

I was told by a VA employee at the regional office in Lansing MI that the dollar amount the VA looks at is my net income after expenses. I was told to also send my schedule c from 2004 - it shows a net income of $3,882.00. My total business income before expenses was $15,100.00.

Do they caluculate in my VA benefit and Navy CRDP as income? I am confused. My vet rep said he thought it was gross income overall.

Any help would be appreciated from anyone who knows how to fill out this form. My wife and I think we did not complete it correctly and we are receiving conflicting information from the VFW rep and the VA office.

Thanks for having this resource available.

Anthony

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Good morning.

This is "Mrs. Anthony" posting this message B) Anthony is not up to the computer today.

We went to the service officer yesterday.

He filed a "4138" saying my husband is disagreeing with the denial of I/U, stating the actual monthly income (which equals net yearly divided by 12) from my husband's self-employment for the year 2005 and the dollar amounts of our 2005 medical expenses.

He said (in his opinion of course) the odds of I/U being granted are slim based on the fact that my husband is self-employed which shows he is employable regardless of the net income. (2005 net income is less than half of the 1 person poverty level) At least my husband tries to work and it is a shame that would be a penalty. It is time to close his small business I think.

Said the "4138" would be reviewed by a DRO and the process should not take more than three months B)

What a mess but we can only keep at it.

Thanks for the information on this board. We will keep you posted. I think I will get my own Login today.

:D :P