VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

90%sc Denied Iu?

Rate this question

jimbo1

Question

the va regonal office, told me they have me rated at 100% adding on my non sc disabilities ,i have 70%ptsd 60% coronary artery diesease sc ,and sleep apnea non sc,i aplied for iu after a 4 bypass graft,and was denied,i have appealed it, havent heard nothing yet, since that i have been back in the va hospitial ,one of the grafts blocked and killed that part of my heart, and now i have pad in my legs too,so im asking for 100%sc.any feed back will help ,im going nuts

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome aboard, and know that you are not the only one this has happened to. Please post their reasons and basis for denial so we can pick this thing apart with you.

Welcome aboard, and know that you are not the only one this has happened to. Please post their reasons and basis for denial so we can pick this thing apart with you.

the main reason there saying i was denied was i was a barber when i had my bypass, in 06 and i quit working and havent looked for work, it says my cad is noted that it effects my ability to engage in physical employment,and no effect to engage in sedentary employment. it says the va physician noted that my ptsd causes me severe impairment in my ability to maintain employment, but i do not have total occupational and social impairment due to my ptsd .and at the end it says a high rating in itself is a recognition that the impairment makes it difficult to keep employment. i owned my barber shop, and sold it ,i cant stand up all day with my arms in the air , i went to barber college, but i only have a 9th grade education, and barber shops dont make you fill out applications, but since my last heart attack 8 weeks ago,i was in the va hospitial for 4 days and they did a heart cath and told me 1 of my grafts had blocked and killed my heart where the artery was and cant be fixed, and i also have blockages in my legs called pad .the va sent me this month to a c&p doctor and he also told me i have a surgical hernia from my chest to my belly button, i also have sleep apnea ,i would have thought my 70%sc ptsd would have been good enough for iu. and now i have light heart attacks 2 times a week the va told me i would eventully be on oxygen, thanks, and i hope theres something in here we can pick apart.

i know now why i was denied, because the va said i was able to do sedintary work, i just went to my va primary care doctor for my yearly physical and he put it on record that i can not do any type of gainfull employment due to my sc conditions, i am 90%sc now ,i had a 4 bypass open heart in 06, just had anouther heart attack feb 09 ,they did a heart cath and told me 1 of the bypass grafts had blocked and killed my heart where the artery went ,and cant be fixed, they also went into my legs and told me i have blockages and my vascular system looked like rotten bicycle inertubes, i have ptsd 70% sc and coronary heart disease 60%sc , they denied my sleep apnea as sc i have reaplied for that since i did the sleep study after my open heart surgery in 06 i was found to have sleep apnea and put on a cpap unit, they told me at the va regional office they have my sleep apnea rated as 50% nsc, and i have asked for a increase for my heart due to the damage from the artery that cant be fixed, and pad for my legs. thanks for reading

i know now why i was denied, because the va said i was able to do sedintary work, i just went to my va primary care doctor for my yearly physical and he put it on record that i can not do any type of gainfull employment due to my sc conditions, i am 90%sc now ,i had a 4 bypass open heart in 06, just had anouther heart attack feb 09 ,they did a heart cath and told me 1 of the bypass grafts had blocked and killed my heart where the artery went ,and cant be fixed, they also went into my legs and told me i have blockages and my vascular system looked like rotten bicycle inertubes, i have ptsd 70% sc and coronary heart disease 60%sc , they denied my sleep apnea as sc i have reaplied for that since i did the sleep study after my open heart surgery in 06 i was found to have sleep apnea and put on a cpap unit, they told me at the va regional office they have my sleep apnea rated as 50% nsc, and i have asked for a increase for my heart due to the damage from the artery that cant be fixed, and pad for my legs. thanks for reading

50% nsc for sleep apnea, what does that mean? Any money, how does nsc work?

Thanks,

Bergie

50% nsc for sleep apnea, what does that mean? Any money, how does nsc work?

Thanks,

Bergie

non service connected sleep apnea doesent pay anything ,it works for them because they told me they have me rated as 100% with my sc and non service connected disabilities and granted me a non service connected pension,which i turned down, so see they are saying i am not able to work ,but are deniying me iu, it doesent make sense ,if i was able to work i would take the 90%sc pay and go to work but i am not able.i was granted ssi while i was in the hospitial, social security sent me a letter telling me i was going to receive ssi and then i got another letter saying i had to many assets to recetve ssi, i got a house truck and motorcycle and that got me denied,i hope you get more from this than i can , it just dont seem right, thanks