VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

90%sc Denied Iu?

Rate this question

jimbo1

Question

the va regonal office, told me they have me rated at 100% adding on my non sc disabilities ,i have 70%ptsd 60% coronary artery diesease sc ,and sleep apnea non sc,i aplied for iu after a 4 bypass graft,and was denied,i have appealed it, havent heard nothing yet, since that i have been back in the va hospitial ,one of the grafts blocked and killed that part of my heart, and now i have pad in my legs too,so im asking for 100%sc.any feed back will help ,im going nuts

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You should have IU but you probably need a private doctor to evaluate you and your SMR's and VA medical records and say that you cannot work due solely to your SC conditionss. I know people who have much weaker claims than you, but they got medical opinions to rebut what the VA said every time they were low balled or denied. They won their claims just due to persistence and getting new evidence in the form of medical reports. You could even apply for voc rehab and if they turn you down, which they probably will, use that as evidence of IU. Voc rehab does not communicate with the VBA. When you ask for your C-File you won't get your voc rehab documents.

You should have IU but you probably need a private doctor to evaluate you and your SMR's and VA medical records and say that you cannot work due solely to your SC conditionss. I know people who have much weaker claims than you, but they got medical opinions to rebut what the VA said every time they were low balled or denied. They won their claims just due to persistence and getting new evidence in the form of medical reports. You could even apply for voc rehab and if they turn you down, which they probably will, use that as evidence of IU. Voc rehab does not communicate with the VBA. When you ask for your C-File you won't get your voc rehab documents.

thanks ,i do have a appointment comeing up with a private doctor cardioligist, thanks again

just went today to an independant cardioligist, he did a stress and echocardiogram on my heart and wrote on record that i am p&t disabled due to my heart condition,will the va except that?the c&p doctor that the va has contracted out for my heart is a pain management doctor, i have seen him once already, the va sent me to bloomington hospitial they did a echo of my heart , then i went back to bloomington hospitial for a dopler of my legs ,and now the va wants me to come back to indianapolis va to have them do a dopler, and go back to the pain management doctor for his evaluations the pain management doctor is in terre haute indiana. im hopeing that with my primary care doctor at the va saying i cant do any kind of gainfull employment due to my sc heart condition , and the independant heart doctor writeing it out that i am p&t disabled ,will be enough for iu. thank,s

• HadIt.com Elder

What is your ejection fraction measured at?

The tests the VA uses, The Echo, Stress Test are all guesses. The only real test is a heart cath as it is someone actually looking at the heart and vasculature.

I assume you have had these before so you need to get a copy of them and read them carefully.

Your 100 percent may be in there.

Compare your EF to the schedule for rating disabilities. If it equals or is lower than t he criteria, you have a valid arguement and a cue in progress as they are not following the proper rating procedures which is an administrative error.

Too bad your claim is at the INDY RO. They rank lower than a worm turd when it comes to claims.

J

What is your ejection fraction measured at?

The tests the VA uses, The Echo, Stress Test are all guesses. The only real test is a heart cath as it is someone actually looking at the heart and vasculature.

I assume you have had these before so you need to get a copy of them and read them carefully.

Your 100 percent may be in there.

Compare your EF to the schedule for rating disabilities. If it equals or is lower than t he criteria, you have a valid arguement and a cue in progress as they are not following the proper rating procedures which is an administrative error.

Too bad your claim is at the INDY RO. They rank lower than a worm turd when it comes to claims.

J

just had a heart cath done in feb 09 when i was hospitialized with a heart attack at the va ,my ef is 40,

Is it possible you were employed when you filed for TDIU? Other than that I think they must be nuts-not you

Make sure you apply for temporary 100% convalescence if you met that criteria -it should be available here under a search-

what was the wording of the denial regarding the bypass due to your SC heart condition?

I cannot imagine what they came up with there-