VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

90%sc Denied Iu?

Rate this question

jimbo1

Question

the va regonal office, told me they have me rated at 100% adding on my non sc disabilities ,i have 70%ptsd 60% coronary artery diesease sc ,and sleep apnea non sc,i aplied for iu after a 4 bypass graft,and was denied,i have appealed it, havent heard nothing yet, since that i have been back in the va hospitial ,one of the grafts blocked and killed that part of my heart, and now i have pad in my legs too,so im asking for 100%sc.any feed back will help ,im going nuts

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Is it possible you were employed when you filed for TDIU? Other than that I think they must be nuts-not you

Make sure you apply for temporary 100% convalescence if you met that criteria -it should be available here under a search-

what was the wording of the denial regarding the bypass due to your SC heart condition?

I cannot imagine what they came up with there-

they said i could not do any physical work at all but i could do sendantary work,and i was a barber and was not working when i filed for iu, i wish i could work i would draw my 90%sc and cut hair ,but im not able,on my ptsd im 70%sc for that they said they know that it keeps me from keeping employment but i am not socialy impaired ,and that my high rateing in itself tells them that i am not able to keep employment,i did not show them where i was trying to find employment so i was being denied iu.thanks for everyones comments it does help when you know your not alone and other vets thats been there with there own battle gives you a boost ,by telling you what to try, thanks again

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome, Thank you for your service and yes, we are on your side. Thinking a few things, you said your VA doc said you can't do gainful employment? Is that in writing and do you have a copy? And have you applied for ssdi? And last but not least, do you have a Vso helping you? Some here at Hadit do and don't, thats a personal choice, but mine helps a bit.

Best to ya,

Cg'up2009!

Welcome, Thank you for your service and yes, we are on your side. Thinking a few things, you said your VA doc said you can't do gainful employment? Is that in writing and do you have a copy? And have you applied for ssdi? And last but not least, do you have a Vso helping you? Some here at Hadit do and don't, thats a personal choice, but mine helps a bit.

Best to ya,

Cg'up2009!he put it on his pc in his addendum notes, yes i applied ssdi i havent been to court yet was approved last year but they said i didnt have enough quarters ,but i only needed 2 quarters and i had forgotten my sister had hired a women to work in my barber shop for me and i hadnt claimed the money for that or from selling my shop, so i have enough quarters now,they turned me down for ssi and then i got a leter saying the state reviewed my case and i was going to get ssi and then social security sent me a leter and told me i had to many assets to draw ssi, i do have enough quarters paid in now.just waiting for a judge now.and this is like my 3rd vso the 1st one quit he was still in training the 2nd one is the manager of the dav and he handed me to a new trainie, i dont know why it takes so long ,the dav and the va ro are right across the hall from one another,the va is not disputing that im 100% disabled they have told me i am with my nsc conditions,they offered me a nsc pension ,but i make more with my 90%sc thats why this time i did not mention my nsc disabilitys ,i was affraid the va wouild say thats the reason i cant work,i have bone spurs digging into my spinal cord around the stem of my brain and the va said they could put me in 30lbs of traction but theywouldnt because it may paralize me.and the 5th &6th vertabrea one is flatened and leaked all the jell out and the other one is bulging,i think thats why the va is saying i can do sendentary work,because they have already said i cant do any physical work at all, plus the va has it on record that they sent me to iu med center for my sleep study, and found out i have sleep apnea which was denied sc but they have me rated at 50% nsc for it the va is the ones who has me on the cpap machine,i ask the doctor why he thought my neck and back was messed up and he said old age,i will be 54 in aug, my mind went off the path there for awhile,thanks for reading

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes that should help but you have to have it in writing and show it to VARO

• HadIt.com Elder

Jimbo, we are all in this together and trying to figure out the VA. Been at it years myself, then I found Hadit, Thank GOD! If ya only knew half my story. Well, I'm sure it doesn't stack up to anything you are dealin with just now. Sounds like yer doing good and fighting onward.

Okay, lets see if I have this correct.

You have a copy of the VA treating doctor's notes saying "unemployable".? Great.

You have a copy of the private cardiologists letter saying 'unemployable'? Great.

You have a copy of the reason the VA denied you for IU the last time? If you are appealing that, expect new c&p exams.

You were admitted to a VA hospital for a 70% service connected condition, your heart? You deserve VA 100% rating for that duration.*

You have a current VSO? ok, you can ask the status of your claim from them or submit 'copies' of supporting documents.

Sorry for the list, but I was trying to sort out what where you are at in the VA process. So, in my opinion, if you have the two doctor letters or notes. Thats good. Hand 'copies' of them over to the VA, highlighted and as soon as possible.

If you look at the reason the VA denied you for IU last time, if thats sedentary, things have changed for you. My guess, if IU is in appeal, things have changed dramatically. If you have since applied for ssdi and if it looks likely be approved, adding that information should help support your IU application or appeal.

*You have since been hospitalized and need to request a VA 100% rating for being inpatient and recouping (maybe someone else here can help explain).

One last question, if your service connected heart condition has changed recently, have you filed for an Increase in your VA disability benefits?

Keeping you in my prayers, if ya don't mind,

Cowgirl'up2009!