VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More Info. Vets Disability Commission

Rate this question

carlie

Question

More topics that vets gave testimony for the record on at the St. Petersburg, Fl. Disability Commission were:

Blue Water Vets.

Wet foot - Dry Foot.

BVA - Remands, instructions not honored.

Having an attorney from the get-go, and not having to wait until a BVA denial.

Transportation cost and reimbursement. - This concerned a much older veteran that traveled all the way from Illinois at his own cost to discuss:

his round-trip bus fair to his VA appointments was $5.40 and the VA would not reimburse him for this -- yet between either medicare or medicaid and VA -- they would pay a taxi $60.00 to transport him. He was VERY upset about this

Co -payments on health care and RX drugs.

Compensation denials.

VA does not ASSIST the vet in obtaining benefits, they instead use their resources to deny, deny, deny.

I was upset that NONE of the local media showed up to cover this event and phoned 2 television stations to make them aware of the commission and let them know there was a second meeting scheduled for the next morning. I also gave the media the Commission's Web site URL. I have still not seen any media coverage on it, probably won't. After all they are ONLY spending 16 million tax payers dollars on it.

If you go to the Commission's Web site and research the actual questions they are to study on and come up with some answers -- those questions don't even coincide with what the VETS are concerned with.

The head - honcho of the Commission, at one point stopped all discussion to inform us that the Commission was in no way set-up to begin finding ways to CUT vets benefits -- YEA, RIGHT -- HA HA like we believed that BS.

I did make 4 really good contacts at this meeting that ALL said they would like to do anything they can to help me with my claims. 1) was the VA advocate for Senator Bill Nelson, 2) was a female congresswoman, 3) was the St. Pete VARO manager, but he handed me off to a lower level VARO guy, 4) was the manager

of the Women's program at Bay Pines.

I will begin contacting all of these people next week and see if they REALLY can help me some, this would be great.

I still do not like this new board much BUT I love the fellowship of my hadit family.

It seems like you people are the only ones in my life that give a damn about the things that are so important to me, and I thank you all.

carlie

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think this so-called commission has probably already made up their minds about everything in advance. They are just a rubber stamp for what Bush and his cronies want to do with vet benefits.

More topics that vets gave testimony for the record on at the St. Petersburg, Fl. Disability Commission were:

Blue Water Vets.

Wet foot - Dry Foot.

BVA - Remands, instructions not honored.

Having an attorney from the get-go, and not having to wait until a BVA denial.

Transportation cost and reimbursement. - This concerned a much older veteran that traveled all the way from Illinois at his own cost to discuss:

his round-trip bus fair to his VA appointments was $5.40 and the VA would not reimburse him for this -- yet between either medicare or medicaid and VA -- they would pay a taxi $60.00 to transport him. He was VERY upset about this

Co -payments on health care and RX drugs.

Compensation denials.

VA does not ASSIST the vet in obtaining benefits, they instead use their resources to deny, deny, deny.

I was upset that NONE of the local media showed up to cover this event and phoned 2 television stations to make them aware of the commission and let them know there was a second meeting scheduled for the next morning. I also gave the media the Commission's Web site URL. I have still not seen any media coverage on it, probably won't. After all they are ONLY spending 16 million tax payers dollars on it.

If you go to the Commission's Web site and research the actual questions they are to study on and come up with some answers -- those questions don't even coincide with what the VETS are concerned with.

The head - honcho of the Commission, at one point stopped all discussion to inform us that the Commission was in no way set-up to begin finding ways to CUT vets benefits -- YEA, RIGHT -- HA HA like we believed that BS.

I did make 4 really good contacts at this meeting that ALL said they would like to do anything they can to help me with my claims. 1) was the VA advocate for Senator Bill Nelson, 2) was a female congresswoman, 3) was the St. Pete VARO manager, but he handed me off to a lower level VARO guy, 4) was the manager

of the Women's program at Bay Pines.

I will begin contacting all of these people next week and see if they REALLY can help me some, this would be great.

I still do not like this new board much BUT I love the fellowship of my hadit family.

It seems like you people are the only ones in my life that give a damn about the things that are so important to me, and I thank you all.

carlie

Carlie, I wish I could say the same thing about the hadit family! I posted HELP for DeNovo Review, over 100 review my post and I only got one negative reply. I wrote a reply today, it did not come up as my answer! I don't know what I am doing wrong. I don't like this board.

Emily,

I'm sorry you think you haven't gotten the unusually wonderful help from the hadit family. We really do care, and we really are family. Maybe no one else knew the answers to your questions...and sad to say, sometimes the answers are negative. Anyone stands a likely chance of that when dealing with the VA. Berta answered your post most recently, and not that she needs any accolades or defending, but she is wonderful and helpful--and knows her stuff. She cuts to the chase, as it does none of us any good to chase rabbits. I glean everything I can from her posts because she stays very busy and I consider it a privilege to have her take time to write anything to help me. Even if it's negative. I figure I need to know that too. B)

Would you direct me to your first post so I can read it again to see if I can help? I remember reading it, but I didn't know how to help; however, if I read it again I will try to research and see if I can come up with any more answers for you.

By the way, this board does take a little getting use to, but to stay in touch with the hadit family, it's worth pushing through a few challenges. It acts a little weird sometimes, but stay with us, you'll get used to it and us. :P

Edited by Morgan