VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can You Get Sc For Flat Feet?

Rate this question

Alb

Question

My husband went into the military with flat feet noted on his physical examination. They have gotten worse over the years. Can he get compensation or will they say it was congenital birth defect? Also his ankles, knees and back bother him due to his feet.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am Service Connected 30% for flat feet. It was a fairly easy claim to win and all he really needs to do is prove that the condition got worse during his service. He will probably need a Medical Opinion that states his flat foot got worse from the time he enetered service.

It is still going to be dicey and he needs to be very carefu how it is presented to VA. By the way the Military should not have taken him if the condition was severe.

Good Luck

My prognosis is its possible and if his condition is severe he will probably be rated around 30%. His other problems if shown to flat feet could increase the rating

• HadIt.com Elder
My husband went into the military with flat feet noted on his physical examination. They have gotten worse over the years. Can he get compensation or will they say it was congenital birth defect? Also his ankles, knees and back bother him due to his feet.

His best bet would be if he could show "aggravation" that exceeded the normal progression of the worsening of the condition.

He won't be able to service connect the flat feet, for they were noted upon his induction physical.......however, if he can show that they worsened above and beyond while in the service...............?

I am battling a claim for flatfoot acquired...diagnosed by the VAMC docs (podiatry). So, I can't imagine going in with flat feet and getting them service connected without a fight.

I agree with Pete53...if it is pursued...wording is going to be key, not to mention a doc willing to sign off on stating that his condition was made worse by service. Best regards.

Edited by luvHIM

• HadIt.com Elder

Hmm, interesting case. Notice how the Court attached significance to a recent medical opinion from a podiatrist (foot doctor) about how this man's foot condition could have been contributed to by military service and notice how the absence of this veteran's service medical record on admission to the service was treated by the Court?