VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Diagnosis Wrong

Rate this question

Guest jstacy

Question

I was looking over my files recently as I was preparing a claim for Hypertensive Heart Disease when I saw reports from Radiology and a Nuclear medecine test, The Xray said the heart was within normal limits. The Nuke scan said the heart appears normal. Left Ventricle is mildly enlarged. No Pulmonary mass left Lung.

No Pulmonary Hypertension. No refereral needed to Cardiology.

Then I went outside for a second opinion and I underwent a Heart Cath. The results were: Cardiomegaly, Diffuse narrowing of all epicardial arteries, mild pulmonary hypertension, Ejection fraction 50 percent. Chest Xray rounded atelectasis and scarring in the left lung base.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this picture? I imemdiatly started taking Nitro Glycerine and I feel allot better.

Any vets who have a serious condition had better go outside for a second opinion. I could have played this off and had a massive MI.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

jstacy- that is exactly why my husband is at the Bath VA Cemetery-

You probably have a very good basis for a Section 1151 claim-I sure think so---

I would file one- if I were you-unless the VA cardiac records are really old-

When I compare the actual VA med recs with my husband's autopsy , it is quite chilling-

and I have been able to pinpoint exactly when they began to cover up his heart disease.

When a vet gets a second opinion like this that reveals their condition is more severe then they thought-

they should definitely file a Section 1151 claim (and a FTCA claim too if they wish)

Vets who get 100% or more for direct SC- who also have 1151 disablities- in that case I definitely advise both the Tort (FTCA) and the Sec 1151 claim.

That way they can usually get a lump sum settlement without any major offset to any other comp.It depends on each individual case.

Sec 1151 claimants can also be eligible for SMC under 1151.

If you want the SF 95 Federal tort form I can post it here-and I can add how I filled out and worded mine-

The Sec 1151 claim-

To whom it may concern (VARO) c file #

This is a claim under 38 USC, Section 1151.

I believe my complete medical records (to include VA and private records) will reveal that I have suffered additional disability due to VA medical care.

(Then You can refer to and attach some of those VA med recs and also any reports from your private doctor showing the actual severity of your heart disease)

You are so right!!!!! Any vet who has even the slightest doubt about their care should look into it or if they find that an independent doctor has discovered their disability is more severe than the VA records show-as so evident in your case- should file a Section 1151 claim.

Thank you Berta. That is exactly what I intend to do. I consider you the expert on t his subject and I will be in contact with you for your advice.

Again, Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

istacy

The last time I went to the VAMC the doctor asked if I had recovered from my stroke. I never had a stroke. Some other vets records were mixed in with mine. I personally will not depend on any diagnosis I get from my VAMC. Anything that is invasive I go outside the VA. Maybe it is just prejudice but I don't trust them and I don't think they care about a few dead vets among the thousands of very sick people who turn up at the VAMC. The sickest people I have seen anywhere are at the local VA hospital.