VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Happens In And/or What To Do,

Rate this question

Guest Jim S.

Question

My claim is currently being looked at, as a claim for reconsideration, does anyone know what happens during the process of this type of claim, and what I can do to either be benefitial or helpful to my claim, while waiting for some sign of activity or signs that show it has reached a certain stage in the process? I do know that I was a patient for three days athe the local VAMC, should I submit a letter making reference to this evidence which is a part of my VAMC records, but may not be a part of my C-File as new and possibly material evidence that may further support my claim.

Anything may be of some help while I fight back the Anxiety levels to something more managable and the dropping modd levels that have me in perpetual duldrums.

Any help is always most appreciated.

Jim S. :P

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim S.

I can't answer your claims question .. however ..

Klonopin can really help with your anxieties as I see you up at all hours of the night.

That could help you get good night's sleep and that could help you in mental & physcial situations as well as dealing with physical pain the next day.

Good luck ...

... Magoo .. aka .. Bill ... :P

PS ... IF I can get a good night's sleep ... it does wonders for me.

Sorry Magoo, I looked it up and according to the adverse effect combinded with what I am already taking, I would have to change about three of my meds that do Ok now and I might see an increase in some of the physical problems I already suffer from, Narrow field Glaucoma, for one, and it has taken me awhile to find the current meds, that do not cause my Sarcoidosis to flare up. it causes enough daily problems, I don't want to go through another trial and error period, so one item I take, doesn't end up effecting the others.

I'll keep it in mind when the time comes for me to change, should some of my present meds start effecting my organs, such as my liver or kidneys. I've given up on sex drive, it doesn't seem to matter what I take for my conditions, most of them seem to have low libedo or no sex drive at all as one of their side effects.

I have already had meds that did the opposite effect, like I took a little blue pill. LoL

The reason I am up at all hours, is that I seem to only be able to sleep for two to four hours before I wake up and it takes me awhile to get back to sleep, Chatting and making my mind work seems to be the only thing that fatigues me enough to feel tired enough to sleep.

My cat gets mad at me some times and will attack my hand when I try to move him so I can get up out of bed with out kicking him all the way off the bed. He doesn't like to be disturbed while he sleeps,

I don't think that their is much that can be done for my anxiety, except to know what is going on with my claim and at what stage it is really at and whether they are going to end up using this reconsideration claim to further comfuse the issues in my claim. I work myself up wondering and nowing I can't do anything to make the process go any faster.

thanks for the suggestion,.

I filed a request to reconsider. It stops the clock on the time frame to file a NOD. The VA scheduled me for another C&P. They deined my request based on ROM. Gave me the same percentage. Only thing is the C&P doc didn't use a goinmeter to measure my ROM. Guess he believes he's a pretty good guesser. My SO said not to file a NOD. I've not decided what to do. I still have 2 claims pending. Hope you have better luck than me. When I went for my 2nd C&P I took my current VA medical recods with me and they put them with my claim.

Did the VA accept the Reconsideration request as the formal NOD?

This vet seemed to have some problems with that-

http://www.va.gov/vetapp98/files2/9810664.txt

I cannot imagine why a SO would say Not to file a NOD.

Even if the Request for reconsideration is accepted as a NOD-(by VA's own documentation in a letter to you stating that it is ) the formal NOD is an additional chance to again state what you are arguing with.

For some reason they wrote to me and said they were going to accept something from me (a past evidence submission) as a "formal" appeal-

while I was in process of preparing my appeal-

I would not allow that and sent them what was clearly the formal I-9 appeal.

It is my VA paranoia that says to cover every base -even if it seems to be sending them what they already have, with something that is a formal NOD and a formal I-9.

Berta: I believe I understand what you are saying, but I am affraid to make this type of question, it would give validity to their last claim denial, when in fact it was supposed to already be a claim for reconsideration for past administrative errors, that if proved correct, still left my claim open for adjudication purposes.

If they are able to see the error with the help of my Statement In Support of Claim, then hopefully they will call CUE on themselves and correct the past errors, which then in light of this, the evidences they had dismissed before, can only be seen to support the claim.

Of course they can still deny and I then will have to submit my claim for CUE, for which they cannot ignore for long.

Jim S.

I can't answer your claims question .. however ..

Klonopin can really help with your anxieties as I see you up at all hours of the night.

That could help you get good night's sleep and that could help you in mental & physcial situations as well as dealing with physical pain the next day.

Good luck ...

... Magoo .. aka .. Bill ... :P

PS ... IF I can get a good night's sleep ... it does wonders for me.

Remeron is also a good medication for anxiety.