• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Robi Akerley-McKee

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Don't take the Claim Ltr to mean more than what it asks, you left info out that needs to be completed. As to your Dr's SISOC, marginal at best. No indication that he actually reviewed your 2002 SMR DX of SA. SC SA DX'd needing Cpap or Bipap is rated at 50%, even if you don't use the Machine, which would not be wise. If you also have a DX requiring supplemental 02 while sleeping due to P02's dropping below 90%, that does support a possible Chronic Resp Failure claim. Check out the 38 CFR 4, SA Rating for 100%. You'll notice that there are 3 or 4 DX "OR'S" listed, any (1) of which could get you a bump to SA 100%. That worked for me, this past 12/15. It took a VA Quality Review of a 07/15 increase Denial Decision, but the Sr Rater agreed with my position regarding my SA Request for an increase to 100%. Every thing regarding my 02 use and meeting another (2) of the 100% requirement was in my VMC records. The original Rater just didn't understand the significance of the "OR's" and the 02 Use. Got 100% Retro'd back to 01/14 with SMC S (1). Semper Fi  
    • Send her a black rose with a small card that says "Paid for by my VA Benefits" and then ignore her.   Unless you get information that she is trying to cause you a problem, you probably dont need a lawyer.  If she is calling up SS and the VA and all the other points of contact about your disability, then you might think about it if she is lying.  This would be defamation of your character if she is telling stories about you that are not true, in an attempt to cause you harm.  Then you would want a lawyer.    
    • Your worst enemy can't hate you like an X. How long has she been your X? I'd take her off your Christmas Card List. Semper Fi
    • Your Scheduler 100% SC for PTSD, not a combined Rating, right? NO IU Rating involved? Any mention in your Award Letter regarding a possible Fiduciary Appointment? I know you mentioned your $6K Retro Deposit, it's just that a 100% PTSD Vet, who may or may-not be homeless and may or may-not have RX or other Dependency issues, is usually a prime candidate for a VA Fiduciary Appointment. Semper Fi
    • At this stage of your PTSD Rating Decision, kind of the "11th Hour" so to speak, just try to relax. The VA PTSD Rating Decision won't move any faster or slower based on anything you could do at this point. You have a PTSD DX, it all comes down to the Raters Determination regarding your MST Supporting Evidence, it will either be Compelling or not. Keep in mind, the VA "Benefit of Doubt Doctrine." If for some reason, the Rater determines that your MST "Marker Evidence." doesn't quite Seal the Deal and the evidence for and against an SC rating is determined to be in "Equipoise," you get the Jump Ball and the SC is Awarded. At least in Theory. The only thing you can and probably should do, practice the Anxiety/Stress relieving exercises that you learned in Group Therapy. Get together with someone from your Group, it really does help to talk face to face. Semper Fi

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deyjason

Ibs Rating Information

12 posts in this topic

Okay, I currently have filed a NOD and waiting for a DRO hearing for my IBS rated at 0%. I do not know what is required and don't have experience and was wondering if anyone could help me out. The rating schedule says:

7319 Irritable colon syndrome (spastic colitis, mucous colitis, etc.):

Severe; diarrhea, or alternating diarrhea and constipation, with more

or less constant abdominal distress..................................................................... 30

Moderate; frequent episodes of bowel disturbance with abdominal

distress........................................................................

........................................ 10

Mild, disturbances of bowel function with occasional episodes of

abdominal distress........................................................................

........................ 0

But what is more or less? What is frequent? What do I have to show. This is very generalized and seems like there is too much room for interpretation..

My condition was already service connected and C & P says I have daily episodes of diahrea with abdominal distress. Which occur 1,2, or more times a day. That atleast sounds frequent to me.....Any advice or experience with this type of claim would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, I currently have filed a NOD and waiting for a DRO hearing for my IBS rated at 0%. I do not know what is required and don't have experience and was wondering if anyone could help me out. The rating schedule says:

7319 Irritable colon syndrome (spastic colitis, mucous colitis, etc.):

or less constant abdominal distress..................................................................... 30

Moderate; frequent episodes of bowel disturbance with abdominal

distress........................................................................

........................................ 10

Mild, disturbances of bowel function with occasional episodes of

abdominal distress........................................................................

........................ 0

But what is more or less? What is frequent? What do I have to show. This is very generalized and seems like there is too much room for interpretation..

My condition was already service connected and C & P says I have daily episodes of diahrea with abdominal distress. Which occur 1,2, or more times a day. That atleast sounds frequent to me.....Any advice or experience with this type of claim would be greatly appreciated.

What I recommend is finding out the symptoms of IBS from the internet then if you get another exam from your NOD over state your symptoms maybe they will get the point.

Good luck,

Bergie

deyjason I have IBS rated at 30%, you need to tell your doc what you stated, about having daily episodes of diarrhea with abdominal distress occur 1,2, or more times a day. That would be

Just make sure your doc states it on the records and you get a cope and send it in with your NOD, at least you got serves connected at 0% does not sound like a lot but that is the hard part some times, it will take time but don't give up. I hope it work out for you, if you have any questions just ask.

Ken

Get a copy of your exam if you haven't already. If it's quoted in there by the examiner that you are having multiple episodes every day with abdominal distress or stomach pain file a NOD, send in the IBS rating schedule, and type up a small letter letting them know that was not the correct rating according to the rating schedule. By what your examiner told you it looks like they lowballed you taking a chance you wouldn't appeal it.

Jay

deyjason I have IBS rated at 30%, you need to tell your doc what you stated, about having daily episodes of diarrhea with abdominal distress occur 1,2, or more times a day. That would be

Just make sure your doc states it on the records and you get a cope and send it in with your NOD, at least you got serves connected at 0% does not sound like a lot but that is the hard part some times, it will take time but don't give up. I hope it work out for you, if you have any questions just ask.

Ken

Is constipation a symtom by itself or does Diareha need to part of the total problem.

I am comstipated most of time, I tract my bowel movements, because if don't move it seems to irritate my prostate, then the uncontrollable uerination. My question is the constapation, sometimes 7 days or more without much movement.

I think it can go either way but you probably could help yourself out a lot by taking a stool softener.