VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Requested In N.o.d An Increase & A Hearing At My Local Varo

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings,

on my last ratings for increase I received 2 weeks ago they only address 4 issues (the rest of the issues were deferred until my last 2 C&P exams after the issues with the reckless C&P exams from the N.P who is now fired because I would not let a sleeping dog lay)

I sent back to the VARO a N.O.D the same day. In this N.O.D (I adressed the issues they denied and pointed back that the N.P who performed these C&P exams has been fired becuase of incompence and that we should wait until the final report from the C&P exam coming the following Monday. I also requested a Personal hearing before my local VARO)

I had also received under FOIA 2 physical capacities evaluation reports that were fillled out by 2 of my VA doctors that my attorney had sent to them in May 2005 that were used to get my SSD approved.

These reports were awsome and detailed the extent and severity of my disabilities. I used the reports as addtional edivence and requested a personal hearing at best possible speed, because I wanted somone at the VARO to not only hear me but to see me.

I know some might say I shold have asked for a dro, but I am tired of the RO not getting things right and going through this for another year or so. Should I submit this new edivence or wait for the personal hearing to submit this?

GOT TO LOVE THIS ONE: I sent a letter to the Medical Director at my VAMC (I got to know him well and met him at the meeting we hall had together. I believe audio taping that meeting gave me more leverage then could havd been imagine for my increase and my 1151 & Federal TORT Claims( Thanks BERTA). I got to stop rambling. I asked in this letter if I could have my wife present at my last 2 C&P exams, and guess what. I got a call from the director of the C&P clinic saying that it was fine to bring my wife. I asked him to fax me that in writing(I have learned if it's not in writing it didn't happen). I got the fax. ( They refused to allow my wife to be present at my last C&P) My wife is great with facts in regards to my disabilities.

One last question. I am considering beoming a Service Officer for The National Veterans Organization of America. It would be part-time and I could do it from my home and it's all voulenteer upon my part. They seem or appear to be veteran minided and not afraid to voice their opinion in regards to the VA. Does anyone know or have dealt with them? All there training is done in my home except I will have to go for a 3 day training after I complete the courses.

All I know I have got what I have gotten not from SOs but by not allowing the VARO to intimidate me and standing on what is right and geting advice from many here at hadit and using the regs. I had 4 SOs over the past 10 years and in honesty ther were useless. I have obtained 100% T&P without any SO, so I believe I know what not to do I am tried of going to the VAMC and seeing so many Veterans that have given up on the VARO claims process and they feel defeated and cannot mentally handle it anymore. We all have been there. Thank you all and God bless you.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

"Should I submit this new edivence or wait for the personal hearing to submit this?" I would certainly submit this all now- it sounds like GREAT evidence-

"One last question. I am considering beoming a Service Officer for The National Veterans Organization of America. It would be part-time and I could do it from my home and it's all voulenteer upon my part. They seem or appear to be veteran minided and not afraid to voice their opinion in regards to the VA. Does anyone know or have dealt with them? All there training is done in my home except I will have to go for a 3 day training after I complete the courses."

I have been a member of NVO for many many years- talked to Doug a few times by phone-

and helped a widow sue the VA via info she mentioned in a USVETS article years ago-

I miss getting USVETS in the mail---do you know why they stopped this great publication?

They ARE an outspoken vet org but they based all they published in USVETS as fact-and had good sources---

I like how you told them the NP was fired in your NOD-they should know that ! Good for you-

I just hope the personal hearing doesn't take too long to transpire.