Ad free subscription.

This eBook will teach you how to get C-Files (paper and electronic) from the VA Regional Office.
How to Get your VA C-File

• Topics

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• How to get from SMC L to R2 in six months
      Hot Damn  way to go Kev & asknod ching chang ching chang all the way to the Bank    ................Buck
    • Sleep apnea denied
      3.400   General. Except as otherwise provided, the effective date of an evaluation and award of pension, compensation or dependency and indemnity compensation based on an original claim, a claim reopened after final disallowance, or a claim for increase will be the date of receipt of the claim or the date entitlement arose, whichever is the later. (Authority: 38 U.S.C. 5110(a)) (a) Unless specifically provided. On basis of facts found. (b) Disability benefits—(1) Disability pension (§3.3). An award of disability pension may not be effective prior to the date entitlement arose. (i) Claims received prior to October 1, 1984. Date of receipt of claim or date on which the veteran became permanently and totally disabled, if claim is filed within one year from such date, whichever is to the advantage of the veteran. (ii) Claims received on or after October 1, 1984. (A) Except as provided in paragraph (b)(1)(ii)(B) of this section, date of receipt of claim. (B) If, within one year from the date on which the veteran became permanently and totally disabled, the veteran files a claim for a retroactive award and establishes that a physical or mental disability, which was not the result of the veteran's own willful misconduct, was so incapacitating that it prevented him or her from filing a disability pension claim for at least the first 30 days immediately following the date on which the veteran became permanently and totally disabled, the disability pension award may be effective from the date of receipt of claim or the date on which the veteran became permanently and totally disabled, whichever is to the advantage of the veteran. While rating board judgment must be applied to the facts and circumstances of each case, extensive hospitalization will generally qualify as sufficiently incapacitating to have prevented the filing of a claim. For the purposes of this subparagraph, the presumptive provisions of §3.342(a) do not apply. (2) Disability compensation—(i) Direct service connection (§3.4(b)). Day following separation from active service or date entitlement arose if claim is received within 1 year after separation from service; otherwise, date of receipt of claim, or date entitlement arose, whichever is later. Separation from service means separation under conditions other than dishonorable from continuous active service which extended from the date the disability was incurred or aggravated.
    • Sleep apnea denied
      I was denied sleep apnea because i had no proof it occurred in service ( i was diagnosed with OSA 23 days after i ets'd thats not suffice time to develop sleep apnea) and the case was closed a year later since i didn't submit a appeal ( i was oblivious as to how appeals and everything worked). I tried once more and was denied because i had new evidence but nothing saying or showing it was in service. I was told a year after ets date is considered in service but vso's tell me that not true. Im researching cases online and iv'e seen people get sleep apnea four years after getting out and i also have buddy statements to send because i am appealing it. Any help i can get on this is greatly appreciated.
    • My Appeal in Atlanta
      j92mike, I had a C & P Exam done in Oct 2015, I'm still waiting a decision from Atlanta VARO
    • How to get from SMC L to R2 in six months
      As promised, I attach a big winner. I've never found so many CUEs under one rock. Kev's DRO reviewer called him up to tell him he knew more about SMC than she did. My name never came up fortunately. Redacted DRO for R2 for Kevin.pdf
    • Social Security disability
      Beware of the Federal Windfall Provision at where civil service employees who get SSDI lose half of their SSA and 60 percent of their retirement just because of a mistake by the congress. Even though the recipients pay into both systems. J
    • My Appeal in Atlanta
      A little on my timeline. My original claim was filed in June 2010 upon exit of the Army. In July 2012 I got 30% for TB and everything else was denied. At the time I was in a really bad place and hired a lawyer. He submitted an NOD and almost a year later my appeal was canceled because the NOD was written incorrectly. Before the deadline he had another one on the way which was accepted. I chose a review with a DRO someone I could meet with face to face.  That meeting came in September 2015. My lawyer wasn't notified and no letter was sent until after my hearing was already over. She my DRO Ms. Thomas seemed like a nice person. (I'm being treated at an outpatient patient clinic in Athens and maybe the smartest thing my lawyer has done was had my mental health provider rate my condition. I waited until the day of the DRO hearing to see what she marked....70%. I was a little sad by this but I know I have some things to work on.) At my original mental health C&P the doctor marked that I did have a mental health condition at the 10% level but the person rating still denied me and did not give a reason. Ms. Thomas said that I should have been rated on several other conditions coming right out of the military there was no way those conditions could have developed outside of service. Of course she mentioned this only after the hearing was over. It was in December 2015 when I was scheduled for additional C&P exams. At my original exams the Doctors did not have my records.  I am appealing Low back condition, neck condition, knees, anxiety and depression, elbow. I went to QTC and the doctor who did my physical seemed to be in a hurry she was almost half hr late and rushed through everything. She also made it seem like it was the size of my breasts that caused my issues. I really wanted to punch her in the face.  The Doctor that did my mental health exam was kinda laid back, I honestly was not expecting it. Because the Dr who did my first C&P seemed cold and heartless. I also got some xrays done which won't show anything cause I know I needed an MRI.  On February 3rd 2016 my case was officially ready to rate. Here I am three months later...waiting like Uncle Sam taught me to do.  I haven't been able to see my provider in a while and won't be able to for several months. So I came here. I'm a little more clear minded than I was a few years ago. I know pending case load and all the conditions I filed for will factor in how long it takes to get a decision back but sometimes I just feel like it hasn't been rated cause they set my file on fire. I feel forgotten to say the least but I know that I'm not the only one, and I know that there are people who have been waiting much longer than me. Anyway, can anyone speak on how long they've waited from being ready to rate to when they actually received a rating? Apparently that's the only thing Peggy doesn't have a timetable for.   -Natalie
    • IRS saying I owe them $$$
      Received a letter today from the IRS and they are stating that since my students loans were discharge/foregiven I now owe them some $$$ because I didn't add the student loans discharge as income to my 2014 taxes. My student loans were discharged because I became too disabled to work and I was awarded TDIU retro back to July 2013. What are my options? Should I go ahead and pay it or is there something like a benefit for disabled veterans so this should not be included as income?    
    • Will SSDI help TDIU go to P&T
      Thanks for the help, so what protection does P&T give you and is the same if you are TDIU P&T or Schedular P&T.

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

JayBrown1

How Long After C&p Exam Do You.................

12 posts in this topic

How long after a c&p exam should I get a decision? Whats the usual time frame?

it has been my experience that you usually get a decision within 3 months but all VAROs are different some handle them faster and some are slower

Wow....it so depends. One thing I've learned about dealing with the VA.....never talk timelines with them. My claim was fast in VA-standards. Other claims are longer.

Remember the phrase "hurry up & wait"?

Yup....it still applies. I'd say if you want to check the status of your claim in a few months, submit an IRIS inquiry....never call the 1-800#!

I agree with Testvet. Once you have the C&P you will get an answer in a short time using VA timeline. You are almost there as far as decision does and I wish you good luck and hope you get what you want and are entitled too for your service.

I agree with Testvet. Once you have the C&P you will get an answer in a short time using VA timeline. You are almost there as far as decision does and I wish you good luck and hope you get what you want and are entitled too for your service.
Thanks Pete!

Had C&P exam 12/08, and I received call from DAV yesterday. He was calling to let me know claim was sucessful got full A&A at R2.

VA called today to verify bank info for direct deposit. Good luck,

Going to put some things I thought helped on next note.

aus:

Congrats I think yours took a little longer cause it was complicated and probably needed some extra signatures

I agree AA and R2 is a higher than normal rating and needed extra approvals than a "normal award" would AA and R2 is some heavy bucks

I believe it all depends on how many physicians you see and how many things you are claiming. I think the doc has 30-45 days to write there report and findings and submit it to qtc then it goes to the VA. I was seen on the 15of last month and I recieved a call yesterday from

I believe it all depends on how many physicians you see and how many things you are claiming. I think the doc has 30-45 days to write there report and findings and submit it to qtc then it goes to the VA. I was seen on the 15of last month and I recieved a call yesterday from

QTC saying that the doc report was finished, so at this point I am sure it goes to the VA for the rating. I was told it could be antwhere from 2-4 weeks from this point.

My region is St Petersburg. It took 13 months to get set up for a C&P exam. I had my exam on 3/27 and got my decision on 4/30. But like everyone says, you just never know.

Just had c&p exam for ptsd on April 4th I've already got got copies of the exam by the the 7th of April and the docs summary reads that I meet the dam for ptsd that is likely a result of my military experiences. Military trauma exposure has negatively impacted interpersonal relationships including family in that I'm am detatched and disconnected from others maintaining gainful employment has been negatively. Impacted by by his military experience as well and that I'm diagnoised with generalized anxiety disorder and depressive disorder, nos. It is as likely as not that these diagnoises are related to his active service. Now I'm wondering does anyone have an idea as to what type of percentage this ads up to. And how long should I have to wait to get rated by the ro

skii23,

This topic / thread, is over 2 years old,

Please pick a Forum to post into as a new topic.