This eBook will teach you how to get C-Files (paper and electronic) from the VA Regional Office.
How to Get your VA C-File

• Topics

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Almost Done
      Have you checked your AB8 letter on ebenefits? I think it all depends on when your VARO updates your claim information. 
    • Appeal Closed in Ebenefits
      Hello,   I had three apeals for effective dates close on Jan 29, 2016. I received a letter from BVA on Feb 8, 2016 stating they were granting an earlier effective date for my 100% service connection. The original effective date was 2/03/2013 and now it's 2/04/2012. So my question is how long should I expect it to take for retroactive to hit my account? I've won one other appeal through BVA in 2010 for my 50% rating and retroactive hit within 3 weeks of the claim closing. My claim is flagged with hardship. Any advice would be appreciated.    Thank you!
    • New guy...active duty...C&P question
      Got my account upgraded and can read my C&P notes. No where for any of my conditions does it ask is it likely or not for service connection...think that is because I am still active? Every claim was noted as abnormal, with reduced range of motion, except my wrists claim. Also my fatigue and sleeping issue was noted to have been taken care of under my mental health questionarre...Im guessing those are not going to be separate claims, just rolled into the one?
    • TKR; Arthritis and in service fracture
      bronco, wouldn't this warrant a CUE?
    • TKR; Arthritis and in service fracture
      That's what I thought, when he said it, Iceturkee.  It sounded like he wanted me to sabatoge my 2005 effective date, giving VA and excuse to make it later.  Why dont they just adjuticate it now, and admit they made a mistake overlooking it for 11 years?  
    • Car Loan Disability Insurance
      That looks like you got the loans before you were disabled, so maybe.  
    • PTSD with questions
      Do you have a SA DX? If so, linking it to a Future PTSD DX, won't work. The SC causative DX must be in place prior to the Secondary DX. Does your VMC MHV Medical Record indicate PTSD as one of your issues? Do you have a long history of MH treatment that could help in laying a Paper Trail back to your MSA? Is there anyone you confided in or who noticed and commented on a perceived personality or mood change about that time? A New PTSD claim, based on a both non-treated & non-reported MSA from the early 90's, is going to be very difficult. The PTSD Forensic C & P Psychiatrist/Psychologist PhD will be the final arbiter, as to your PTSD DX. Review the VA PTSD DBQ. Semper Fi  
    • Knee Condition
      In answer to your second question, No.  Many/most conditions get worse after service.  This is what applying for an increase is about.  Its not unusual for your conditions to deteriorate after service.  Once service connected, you can always apply for an increase.  It doesnt need to get worse in service to be service connected, tho there is something called aggravation.  Aggravation normally means you had it before service, but it got worse in service, that is, military service aggravated your condition.   Aggravation has no bearing on your claim, once you are service connected.  
    • Knee Condition
      YOu need to get records corrected.  It will save you time to do it now.  Yes, this can negatively affect your claim.  I would bring it to the docs attention, first.   1.579 Amendment of records. (a) Any individual may request amendment of any Department of Veterans Affairs record pertaining to him or her. Not later than 10 days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal public holidays) after the date or receipt of such request, the Department of Veterans Affairs will acknowledge in writing such receipt. The Department of Veterans Affairs will complete the review to amend or correct a record as soon as reasonably possible, normally within 30 days from the receipt of the request (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal public holidays) unless unusual circumstances preclude completing action within that time. The Department of Veterans Affairs will promptly either: (1) Correct any part thereof which the individual believes is not accurate, relevant, timely or complete; or (2) Inform the individual of the Department of Veterans Affairs refusal to amend the record in accordance with his or her request, the reason for the refusal, the procedures by which the individual may request a review of that refusal by the Secretary or designee, and the name and address of such official. (Authority: 5 U.S.C. 552a(d)(2)) (b) The administration or staff office having jurisdiction over the records involved will establish procedures for reviewing a request from an individual concerning the amendment of any record or information pertaining to the individual, for making a determination on the request, for an appeal within the Department of Veterans Affairs of an initial adverse Department of Veterans Affairs determination, and for whatever additional means may be necessary for each individual to be able to exercise fully, his or her right under 5 U.S.C. 552a. (1) Headquarters officials designated as responsible for the amendment of records or information located in Central Office and under their jurisdiction include, but are not limited to: Secretary; Deputy Secretary, as well as other appropriate individuals responsible for the conduct of business within the various Department of Veterans Affairs administrations and staff offices. These officials will determine and advise the requester of the identifying information required to relate the request to the appropriate record, evaluate and grant or deny requests to amend, review initial adverse determinations upon request, and assist requesters desiring to amend or appeal initial adverse determinations or learn further of the provisions for judicial review. (2) The following field officials are designated as responsible for the amendment of records or information located in facilities under their jurisdiction, as appropriate: The Director of each Center, Domiciliary, Medical Center, Outpatient Clinic, Regional Office, Supply Depot, and Regional Counsels. These officials will function in the same manner at field facilities as that specified in the preceding subparagraph for headquarters officials in Central Office. (Authority: 5 U.S.C. 552a(f)(4)) (c) Any individual who disagrees with the Department of Veterans Affairs refusal to amend his or her record may request a review of such refusal. The Department of Veterans Affairs will complete such review not later than 30 days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal public holidays) from the date on which the individual request such review and make a final determination unless, for good cause shown, the Secretary extends such 30-day period. If, after review, the Secretary or designee also refuses to amend the record in accordance with the request the individual will be advised of the right to file with the Department of Veterans Affairs a concise statement setting forth the reasons for his or her disagreement with the Department of Veterans Affairs refusal and also advise of the provisions for judicial review of the reviewing official's determination. (5 U.S.C. 552a(g)(1)(A)) (d) In any disclosure, containing information about which the individual has filed a statement of disagreement, occurring after the filing of the statement under paragraph (c) of this section, the Department of Veterans Affairs will clearly note any part of the record which is disputed and provide copies of the statement (and, if the Department of Veterans Affairs deems it appropriate, copies of a concise statement of the Department of Veterans Affairs reasons for not making the amendments requested) to persons or other agencies to whom the disputed record has been disclosed. (5 U.S.C. 552a(d)(4)) (38 U.S.C. 501)

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

JayBrown1

How Long After C&p Exam Do You.................

12 posts in this topic

How long after a c&p exam should I get a decision? Whats the usual time frame?

it has been my experience that you usually get a decision within 3 months but all VAROs are different some handle them faster and some are slower

Wow....it so depends. One thing I've learned about dealing with the VA.....never talk timelines with them. My claim was fast in VA-standards. Other claims are longer.

Remember the phrase "hurry up & wait"?

Yup....it still applies. I'd say if you want to check the status of your claim in a few months, submit an IRIS inquiry....never call the 1-800#!

I agree with Testvet. Once you have the C&P you will get an answer in a short time using VA timeline. You are almost there as far as decision does and I wish you good luck and hope you get what you want and are entitled too for your service.

I agree with Testvet. Once you have the C&P you will get an answer in a short time using VA timeline. You are almost there as far as decision does and I wish you good luck and hope you get what you want and are entitled too for your service.
Thanks Pete!

Had C&P exam 12/08, and I received call from DAV yesterday. He was calling to let me know claim was sucessful got full A&A at R2.

VA called today to verify bank info for direct deposit. Good luck,

Going to put some things I thought helped on next note.

aus:

Congrats I think yours took a little longer cause it was complicated and probably needed some extra signatures

I agree AA and R2 is a higher than normal rating and needed extra approvals than a "normal award" would AA and R2 is some heavy bucks

I believe it all depends on how many physicians you see and how many things you are claiming. I think the doc has 30-45 days to write there report and findings and submit it to qtc then it goes to the VA. I was seen on the 15of last month and I recieved a call yesterday from

I believe it all depends on how many physicians you see and how many things you are claiming. I think the doc has 30-45 days to write there report and findings and submit it to qtc then it goes to the VA. I was seen on the 15of last month and I recieved a call yesterday from

QTC saying that the doc report was finished, so at this point I am sure it goes to the VA for the rating. I was told it could be antwhere from 2-4 weeks from this point.

My region is St Petersburg. It took 13 months to get set up for a C&P exam. I had my exam on 3/27 and got my decision on 4/30. But like everyone says, you just never know.

Just had c&p exam for ptsd on April 4th I've already got got copies of the exam by the the 7th of April and the docs summary reads that I meet the dam for ptsd that is likely a result of my military experiences. Military trauma exposure has negatively impacted interpersonal relationships including family in that I'm am detatched and disconnected from others maintaining gainful employment has been negatively. Impacted by by his military experience as well and that I'm diagnoised with generalized anxiety disorder and depressive disorder, nos. It is as likely as not that these diagnoises are related to his active service. Now I'm wondering does anyone have an idea as to what type of percentage this ads up to. And how long should I have to wait to get rated by the ro

skii23,

This topic / thread, is over 2 years old,

Please pick a Forum to post into as a new topic.