VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Crsc Claim Denied

Rate this question

afav8r

Question

I just received the denied letter from the Air Force for CRSC. I am 30% disabled from VA as the result of spinal injury/surgery. There was not one distinct event that caused my problems, but the hours of combat flying in a tight cockpit, the constant vibration, the pulling of G's, the hard landings, etc. are suspect. Anyone have any advice for success for an aviator to receive an approved claim? I appreciate your help.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

CRSC is for retirees with 20 years of service or have been retired prior to 20 years directly due to service combat - related disability-

that was

1.attributed to any service injury with receipt of the Purple Heart-

0r

2.resulting from armed conflict or

3.resulting from performance under conditions simulating warfare or

4. occuring through an instrumentality of war.

This program gets a little more involved than that and I have posted more info here available under a search at hadit-or go to www.defenselink.mil/prhome/mppcrsc.html

If you gain an eventual 50% SC (by re-opening or Nodding the 30% if you still have time- with qualifying period of retirement service you could then possibly be eligible for CRDP and not CRSC.

Did DOD give you appellate rights and is there some documentation in your SMRs or personnel records that would put you into the combat criteria?

Such as-did you fly sorties in direct support of combat grounds ops----

I just received the denied letter from the Air Force for CRSC. I am 30% disabled from VA as the result of spinal injury/surgery. There was not one distinct event that caused my problems, but the hours of combat flying in a tight cockpit, the constant vibration, the pulling of G's, the hard landings, etc. are suspect. Anyone have any advice for success for an aviator to receive an approved claim? I appreciate your help.

I would resubmit I think it was last weeks AF times that talked about all the back injuried to pilots due to the same situation you describe. Go to Air force Times on line print the article out and send it to them, this is the AF Drs saying this use there own words against them good luck

jim

ava8r

I thin Berta hit the nail on the head ".resulting from performance under conditions simulating warfare" any type of fighter training sorties always are simulating war unless you are just surging to put numbers on the board ( I am an old pro super we all know that game.) I did some more research for you and found the article I was talking about it is in the May 18th Air Force times on page 19 and it quotes Flight surgeon Lt. Col Brian Pinkston who is chief of operational medicine for the Air Force Medical support agency. If you need the article PM me with your snail mail addy I still have the paper

Good Luck and god bless

Jim

Thanks for the help and suggestions. I did send documentation supporting the performance under conditions simulating warfare as well as the number of actual combat hours I flew. I flew 119 Combat Sorties and 20 Combat Support Sorties. I'm searching the Air Force Times now to find the article. I'll let you know if I have trouble accessing. Thanks again for your help!

ava8r

I thin Berta hit the nail on the head ".resulting from performance under conditions simulating warfare" any type of fighter training sorties always are simulating war unless you are just surging to put numbers on the board ( I am an old pro super we all know that game.) I did some more research for you and found the article I was talking about it is in the May 18th Air Force times on page 19 and it quotes Flight surgeon Lt. Col Brian Pinkston who is chief of operational medicine for the Air Force Medical support agency. If you need the article PM me with your snail mail addy I still have the paper

Good Luck and god bless

Jim

Just that it occurred while I was Active Duty on Flying Status. Surgery was done at the VA Hospital in Augusta, GA in 1996. I've had residual problems ever since that are documented throughout my medical files. I've also filed a NOD seeking an increase in my disability. The VA examiner indicated no muscle atrophy and my left calf measures 2.5 cm LESS than my right. Where do they get their info from? VA examiner also indicated a normal gait. The first thing my Podiatrist said was "I've never seen anyone walk like you." referring to my limp.