VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Blunder

Yes, the VA is just that stupid. My name is wrong on my original award letter. My SSAN and address is correct though.

Pete...just take your award letter to your county VA office and have them type you a "user-friendly" award letter....print you out several originals and use those for stuff like that....that's what I did and everyone accepts those!!! (Except the base, of course). So much easier...and safer...than carrying your award letter around with you. I recommend this to everyone.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

"How hard is it to write a statement when the information is already in the

system."

It's near imposable. It's like whatever you do, don't be accurate.

I applied for hearing loss since it was on my separation exam as a defect.

The rater claimed I lied to a C&P examiner by claiming I was a Boilerman on a destroyer. She claimed my military occupation was a truck driver.

My DD-214 clearly states "BOILERMAN" & all sea duty except for basic training.

I had to go to a hearing & show them another copy of the DD214 to convince them & they still ordered another C&P to try to weasel out of it.

Never, never trust the DVA to be acurate or do the right thing.

Hey purple, wow I didn't even catch that until you said it. A similar thing happened to me when I requested a letter for my post ID card. VA sent me a letter stating I was 100% P & T but did not say I was not scheduled for future exams. I had to call them again for a letter saying I was 100% P & T and I did not have future exams to get my Indefinite I D card. I know I have typos but this is just chit chat. This is not a legal document. I know it only takes a few seconds but think of all the time they waste redoing little stuff. They hate that we, especially me Call so much but I learned a long time ago. If I do it right the first time I don't have to redo it, Basic training of course I had a drill sergeant that loved to make us do stuff over and over again. Maybe they need someone yelling in their face telling them that they are a bunch of ****** screw ups and they are not going to get anything to eat or sleep until they get it right. I know I maybe wrong but sometimes I do feel if some of the raters, adjudicators, DROs would fall on hard times and have to go through the process of asking for help and get the red tape that we do thing maybe different. As I said I know I am wrong just forgive me and I will get better, maybe

My VARO used to send all my paperwork with Dear Mr. McNeil. Hello? I'm a female. On other correspondence, they had my birth date off by only 100 years lol! The good news is that the dept. that's sending you those benefit letters is not the rating department!! I would also call to be sure they have your correct address, that I would worry about! ~Wings

"they had my birth date off by only 100 years lol!" Well Wings my dear friend you are referred to as an "Elder" here on Hadit hahahahaha

It's very hard for the VA to write a statement, accurately. I requested a statement to use in getting my property taxes reduced on April 1, 2009 and they stated "the records of the DVA indicate that the veteran, at one time, prior to death, was in receipt of SC compensation for a disability or disabilities rated at 100%." Additionally they used an address from 3 moves ago.

pr

Ain't nothing wrong with that statement Phillip as it is kinda true - you were at one time prior to your death in receipt of SC comp at the 100 percent level. Now just cause you ain't gone on to the big place right at this moment ain't nothing to complain about. hahahaha

My VARO used to send all my paperwork with Dear Mr. McNeil. Hello? I'm a female. On other correspondence, they had my birth date off by only 100 years lol! The good news is that the dept. that's sending you those benefit letters is not the rating department!! I would also call to be sure they have your correct address, that I would worry about! ~Wings

lol! every time i have to go to the va for something, they come out calling "Mr. Wilson" one day, im gonna grab my crotch and ask the doc to hurry up and get the surgery over with! maybe, just maybe they will get the point. i've begged them to get it right. even told them to just simply call me by my first name if they cannot get the sex right.