• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Tweeder

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I know the feeling.....I think I sent my DMII AO I-9 both to my RO and to the BVA years ago.. I called the BVA just to triple check yesterday after I posted the question and of course you guys are correct. I asked the BVA man however another question- is there still a BVA Ombudsman contact person...and he said NO. That is unfortunate because the ombudsman years ago  gave me verification after the DMII AO claim was transferred to the BVA,that they had it from the RO, as well as a 'quess-timate' of how long it might take.        
    • i would give it 3 weeks and then call them back - i think normal is 7 - 10 days.
    • Probably every one of us  have made mistakes with our claims , L, but I love what you said...there is Pride in knowing you did this by yourself... When I had vet reps, long ago , they made far more mistakes than I did. I did much better when I started fighting  my VA battles myself, too. That is not easy for every vet with a claim but the info here at hadit is way beyond the expertise of  many vet reps and VSOs, who might have hundreds of claims on their desks when most of us only have one or two. Great on the CRDP- that usually always goes OK between VA and DFAS , but I dont trust VA to handle that right every time.    
    • What the letter asked for was different than eBenefits, it asked for buddy statements, and a few other things- and said they would get "Military records" from the JSRRC (sp?). Well ... I found a trove of contemporaneous 'Military Records,' that include statements, sworn statements by NCO's and Officers, emails, letters supporting the lead up to one of the stressors; The pièce de résistance is a 'contemporaneous' DA Form 2823 sworn statement I filled out on one particular 'event in service'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It details what is 'battery' in the VA's manual (Battery is listed as an example of  'Personal Trauma'). It spells out why I'm fearful for my life, and tons of supporting detail. I signed it, and an Officer's signature is there for the sworn part!!!!! And yes, there is a different form they were supposed to send me, 21-0781a, because I detailed personal trauma in the first place. I'm confident they will attempt to develop to denial (keep asking for things until there's something I can't provide), but it's going to be interesting to see how it's done. The reason this has become so messed up is the section on mental health in VA's manual just jumps into PTSD. PTSD, of course, requires a stressor. Other disorders aren't centered around a stressor at all, but the VA clerk is going to treat every disorder like PTSD because that's the only tool in their toolbox. If the RO develops until denial, I think, ultimately, I'll get an award on appeal because the evidence is so supporting of my claim, and because they messed up on a personal trauma claim in at least one way- right now there's a lot of pressure, just from what i hear here and at the hospital, to get personal trauma right at the VA, and a lot of attention on the VA when it messes up personal trauma.   In short, I got very very lucky because I'd saved all those documents- There's zero chance the JSRRC would have even a single one of them. Like falling out of a plane at 30,000 feet and living kind of lucky.
    • I would recommend making the claim and not waiting. Good luck.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fanaticbooks

How To Assemble Va Claims Site

12 posts in this topic

I just got to thinking about this and figured I had better mention...

Right now my web designer is working on revisions for the site. Hopefully, they could be done any day now. Then again, it might be two weeks <_< .

In case anyone is using it and it goes down, please have patience. My webmaster will probably be taking the old down and putting the new in its place.

It will have the same look just have more including VONAPP and a couple of other subjects.

Anyway, I will try to give a headsup if it is at all possible.

fanaticbooks

Edited by fanaticbooks

You're Fantastic <_<

keep up the good work!

I just got to thinking about this and figured I had better mention...

Right now my web designer is working on revisions for the site. Hopefully, they could be done any day now. Then again, it might be two weeks <_< .

In case anyone is using it and it goes down, please have patience. My webmaster will probably be taking the old down and putting the new in its place.

It will have the same look just have more including VONAPP and a couple of other subjects.

Anyway, I will try to give a headsup if it is at all possible.

fanaticbooks

Thanks Books

I agree sharon, anyone who helps a vet is #1 in my book.

thanks very much. this is the 1st time i have read this webb site. wow, very helpfull. will make my work a lot easier. thanks again