• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Thomas Davis

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Nurse Practicianer can and do, but I am not sure about a straight RN (Registered Nurse). A quick search on the net, I do not see where a RN can do a C&P.  All I see are NP's, or registered nurse practicioners. But they may have changed it up, Hamslice  
    • Are new laws currently in effect lowering the medical qualifications for C&P examiners?? I was looking on the USAJOBS government website tonight and it seems the VA is seeking to hire nurses as C&P examiners. Does this mean that RNs can be hired to examine, fill out dbqs, and do IMOs? This is a game changer if true.
    • http://www.blogtalkradio.com/haditcom/2016/07/30/gary-the-bee-man   This was a good show.  BTR finally is back up.   J
    • Yes appeal is at intake center at bva.  But have not received a docket number yet.here is a copy of c-file denial.  We have not talked to Vso yet.  And the reason is the new claim says a development letter has been sent but of course again it has not arrived yet.  The claim originated June 30 and is in gathering evidence.  We don't have any new evidence relating to kidney disease connected to his heart disease.  He has had diabetes since 1999.  He was diagnosised with kidney disease in 2011.  And ihd in 2013, when they  had to replace his arotic valve.  Now I have no idea what is going on.  On the new claim on ebennies in a little box.  It ask if we want them to go ahead and decide the claim to check the box.  My other question he did not put in for p and t,. But if you notice on one of the dbq our doc said in his opinion he is not able to work.  And these are diseases that are going to get worse and contribute to his death.  So will they grant p and t.  Even if he did not file for it.  I think they want to say it is related to his heart,. But afraid they will say related to valve problem and deny it again.  So if we say yes decide it. Then that kills the appeal.  I'm I right on that?  Any ideas are appreciated.
    • Getting ready to file a new claim for Agent Orange symptoms for my Vietnam Vet brother who was on the ground as USMC rifleman for 9 months, until he was WIA by a grenade booby trap.   He was found to have hypertension and his USMC ENTRY physical showed him ineligible to serve -- then they gave him 3 more blood pressure tests and someone scratched threw the 'hypertension' and said ELIGIBLE to serve.   His USMC exit physical after recovering from his wounds in 1970 also showed hypertension.   In 2008, a physical showed hypertension, along with abnormal EKG with doctor's notes indicating cardio infarction and possible A-fib.  I just had a private doctor give him a physical last week and he's diagnosed again with hypertension, and EKG abnormalities, with a referral to a cardiologist.   I am still waiting for a copy of his C&P physical exam from April.   Is this enough to claim IHD?   There is no time limit (from date of discharge) to file for IHD from Agent Orange right ?  Also awaiting blood work / diabetes screening and Diabetes Type II claim may be in order as well.  Any suggestions / guidance is greatly appreciated.   

bguerrero

Stroke

24 posts in this topic

I'm retired from the USMC and also recieving 20% va hypertension/some skin problem. Will, two months ago I had a 2 TIA's which lead up to an acute stroke and since had 5 more TIA's. All in all I've been in and out of the hospital the past 8 weeks. Now thier saying I'm getting complex migraines so bad that my right side becomes weak like a stroke at it last up to 2 -3 hours at a time. Any idea's on the va ratings on this? And advice? I just started to get my medical records in order and will be visiting the San Diegq DAV office this week. I have recovered from the stroke but not 100%. I'm a Letter Carrier for USPS and so for un able to carry mail.

Sorry to hear about your strokes.

Being Service conected for HTN is the important point here. The strokes were most likely secondary to that.

As far as rating strokes, they will rate the resuduals after the fact. now since you were hosrptalized for 8 weeks then you should ask for temp 100 percent for the time hospitalized.

I believe your claim will progress quickly. You neeed to go ahead and file it if not already done so.

Hang in there and take it easty and keep the BP under control.

J

I think you should apply for SSA disability as well as TDIU.

As Jbasser said- it is highly likely that the SC HBP caused the TIAs and stroke.

Stroke residuals can be totally disabling.

If you cannot work due to this CVA then with medical statement that the SC HBP contributed to or caused the CVA, they should award you TDIU.

You can apply for TDIU on form 21-8940 regardless of what your SC rating is now.

After suffering TIAs and a major CVA my husband (who VA said would be in wheelchair for rest of his life- demanded physical therapy and began to walk fairly normally again-

also he was able to talk again after having paralyzed throat from the CVA.

However his other residuals were so profound that he got inital SSA award (which was changed to SSA for PTSD)

and also the VA rated his stroke residuals incorrectly at 90 % instead of 100.

Your migraines and any memory deficients, visual problems, and any affect to use of your hands and feet for normal propulsion in walking are some of the many residuals a stroke can cause.

It would be good idea to get the Schedule of Raings (here at hadit in separate topic) to assess what residuals they should consider.But it does sound like they should definitely award TDIU to you (the 100% comp rate)

and by all means apply for the temp comp as Jbasser said-

I think my husband's HBP was rated at 10% -long story but I proved that his HBP was undiagnosed and undermedicated and this was what caused his major CVA.

Has VA monitored your HBP medication and changed it at all since the 20% rating?

Welcome to Hadit

Thanks for the reply. I've haven't been seen by the VA since my rating, just by the Naval Hospital through tricare prime. The Base is much closer for me, just 4 miles. I have some on and off numbness on my arm through out the day and slur here and there too. I'm on sick leave now, soon to run out. With these on going TIA's it's hard to go to work. The TIA's seem to occur around a week a part. They don't want you at work like that! They think the stroke has cause me to have the complex migraine which to me is worst cause, with that, there's no way I could do my job!

Just had my C&P Exam last week for the stroke, they confirmed that the the stroke is secondary the the HPN! Just have to wait on the rating. I have some memory lost, slur speech,weakness on my right side, pain in my arm. He ask if I recovered at 100% after the stroke and I told him I only recovered 70% and my doctor said thats what Im left with! I still Have one issue left, with the complex migraine. Have to have that tied in with the Stroke. My Neurologist wrote a letter stating that it is secondary to the stroke.These migraine happens 6-9 times a month and leaves me paralized up to 3 hours at a time. I suppose I'll have another C&P exam for that. I have the DAV in San Diego helping me out with all the paper work! I just hope I get a good rating, Im at 20% now, I got a bad feeling I'll only get another 10%! Any idea's or guess?