I have found it very hard to get a sleep doctor or pulmonologist to say exactly what causes my OSA. I asked them if DMII could cause it and they shrug. OK, if you are obese that is a big risk factor but does DMII make you obese or do you get obese because of DMII. I am also SC'ed for CAD. Now it is no stretch to say OSA can cause my CAD to become fatal but what about the other way around. You won't get a VA doctor to speculate on causes of service connected OSA.
I bet if you asked 100 people on the street only half would have even heard about the War in Vietnam and maybe 5% would know anything about agent orange. Probably 3-5 million vets were exposed to AO including all the brown water and blue water navy. The companies that produced this deadly poison and sprayed in near, around or on Americans troops, sailors, marines, and airmen and women knew if was bad stuff. They got away with pennies on the dollar in compensation to their victims. We taxpayers are left to pay ourselves for our own losses. Why would anyone volunteer for this sort of abuse and yet we find 9/11 military gets basically the same treatment because " We go to war with the military we have" according to former Secretary of Defense.
Just for visibility, my next steps should be:
Look into possible CUE
Look into requesting a regional level review officer. This might require filing a NOD.
Look into board certified sleep dr. for IMO in support of original IMO. These secondary IMO's should be short and to the point, following James' sheet/guide.
This is in hopes of avoiding the BVA process which can take 3-5 years.
I was surprised too that a NP did the review, and in comparison to other C&P reviews I've had, this one lacked the most notes...
But I agree with you, that having myself present for the C&P exam did not make much sense, given that it was supposed to be a simple reading of the documents and review of test results. PTSD C&P requires questions and assessment for example.
I'm going to email the VSO and work with him to get a NOD ready to submit, and discuss options and what the process we're looking at will be. And asking about having a reconsideration done at the regional level, to hopefully expedite the process...
Did some poking around for information on a going the CUE route, prior to NOD (and I'll ask the VRO about this as well), but seems that a CUE really needs to be clear cut. And from what I've read, seems a bit more of a unique/difficult process, which looking at mine, I'm wondering if mine would even fall into the CUE category.
I'll post on here what I find/discuss with the VRO. Thanks so much for guidance and clarification on this so far.
Noted. From what I'm reading from you guys and other posts, having a DRO (decision review officer) at the regional level (which happens to be 30 min. away from the VA hospital I go to) would be the quickest and best route to go. And most logical since we can choose that route, prior to going the BVA route (3-5 years)
Thank you for the linear explanation of how the test/fact finding process works. Always had trouble trying to follow the process on who orders what, who does what.