VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sexual Addiction

Rate this question

elliottme2

Question

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

elliottme2,

Welcome to Hadit.

I have never seen any information on sexual addiction being service connected

but that does not mean it never has.

You might want to do a search at the BVA level.

http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva.html

To all posters - please keep this topic thread on a serious note,

all jokes aside.

Many here have the opposite problem - but that - is not the topic of this thread.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

I have been on veterans boards for 10 years and can honestly say this is the very first time I have heard this condition brought up but I can be sure there will be quite a few veterans seaching the BVA decisions for this one but I don't think you will find any experienced vets that have dealt with the VA on this issue on the web boards

• HadIt.com Elder

This is probally controlled under mental health similar to obsessive compulsive disorder.

A MH doc would have to look at this.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

Sexual dysfunction is a differential diagnosis, or attached to a diagnosis of obsessive compulsive disorder. The VA uses diagnostic code 9404 for OCD, under the heading of Anxiety Disorders. So, yes, you can be rated for sexual addiction, but you would need a better current diagnosis, such as a dx of OCD. with a differential dx (one of the sexual dysfunction disorders) with overt compulsions. You will also need to have a verifiable nexus that proves that this condition was caused by military service. The diagnosis presenting itself during active duty does not guarantee a rating, and is in fact, only half the battle.

Thank You for your help. I look on BVA but could not find anything. I did consider compulsive disorder

elliottme2,

Welcome to Hadit.

I have never seen any information on sexual addiction being service connected

but that does not mean it never has.

You might want to do a search at the BVA level.

http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva.html

To all posters - please keep this topic thread on a serious note,

all jokes aside.

Many here have the opposite problem - but that - is not the topic of this thread.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

When trying to get a condition that you were treated in the military for service connected there is always the problem that the military did not feel the condition was either sufficiently chronic or sufficiently disabling at the time of your discharge to rate the disability. In effect you are fighting a determination that the claim has already been denied.

With this in mind you will need to show that you have a current condition that causes disruption of social and employment functioning. If the condition was not considered chronic in the military then you will need to establish a nexus between your current condition and the in service condition.

You need to get your SMR and have a doctor review it to see if a link between the symptoms in the military can be linked to many current condition. The VA might schedule a C&P exam. However, they do not always do this.