VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sexual Addiction

Rate this question

elliottme2

Question

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If I file for this can I also file for depression and anxiety attacks. Depression is my after effect from the OCD and when I am not able to get my addiction fulfilled I experience anxiety attacks. Will OCD, Anxiety attacks, and Depression be counted as 1 when I file or all seperate.

File the claim! That is the only way you will get compensation. The VA shrinks will talk you to death but never advance your claim for compensation. I think from what you say you do have a good claim. The OCD is the claim and the sex addiction is a symptom. You probably have other symptoms as well.

Thank You for your reply. I do remember when I was in treament that the doctors labeled in my records that my sexual addiction was an obsessive compulsive disorder.

In "treatment" where and "that the doctors labeled in my records that my sexual addiction was an obsessive compulsive disorder", you need hard copies of these records.

Also, the doc has to supply more than just a diagnosis they have to supply a nexus to military service.

I have not been seen by a doctor for this particular problem since that time but I have gone to a/a classes.

I do not feel attending AA classes unless court ordered will factor into this.

Do I need to make an appointment for a Va shrink so I can get them to review my records.

File a claim as suggested and VA will have the duty to assist by deciding to send you (or not)for a C&P.

carlie

I requested a copy of my records last week. I'm hoping they will come fast seeing I am close to the records center. I am definetly going to file for the OCD. I was in treatment in California on a Marine Corps base. This is a inpatient addictions clinic for all active duty military services including retiree's. The doc/shrinks were military personnel with degree in addictions. When I was in the treatment center there was only two of us there for sexual addiction the rest were for drugs and alcohol. i guess they don't get to many sex addicts because they tried to prescribe me antabuse...the medication that makes people sick if they drink alcohol. Thank you all for the advice.

It's been a while but I filed for OCD and had my c&p last week got the results back today...I don't think they are so good. My psychiatry consult list my diagnosis as ocd and anxiety which i am taking medicine for. my social worker list my treatment as depression. I was hospitalized in the service for sex addiction...in which we had counseling session that said it was due to acts that happened in the military. In my miltary record jacket it does not include any of the notes from the counseling sessions.

The examiner says in his notes that I don't meet the diagnostic criteria for ocd due to the fact he obtains pleasure from this activity. Which i don't know how he can say that because I don't and he never asked that question. He never asked if I got enjoyment from my ocd. He also states that i present symptoms congruent with a diagnosis of major depressive disorder.

axis impulse contril disorder not other wise specified pathological sexual behavior

marjor depressive diorder, moderate, recurrent

axis II deferred

axis III see medical chart

axis iV marital discord, financial concerns possible job loss

axis v gaf 45