VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu

Rate this question

JON

Question

Has anyone heard of tdiu flying without dr. letter? I'm 70% for post prostate cancer, tinnitus and diabetes. I am taking early retirement from work because of incontinence, frequent urination (30- 40 times daily ) bladder spasms etc. have been on hydrocodone for last year and a half and recently oxycodone added as needed.

VA has provided the hydro medicine for "post prostatectomy pain". They have also provided detrol la, aspirin, zocor and high blood pressure meds. Of course, I wonder how hard it will be to get VA doc to do a letter that I should not be working in some capacity. I also am waiting on cat scan and cyscopopy test results. Has anyone heard on tdiu flying just on above medical evidence?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Guest Berta

Jon- the problem with your question is that it is often next to impossible in most cases for a VA doctor to want to tell a vet they are unemployable due to service connection-

The TDIU form depends on either not working at all or making less than substantial wages (like below poverty level)

You sure deal with a lot at work due to your SC disabilties-

have you considered quitting and then applying for TDIU? And Social Security Disability Benefits?

However- you might have a good relationship with your VA doctor and he/she might well be willing to help you-

You could make sure the doctor knows of how difficult it is for you to work, tell them you feel you need to quit working, and ask them if they would write an opinion that it is more than likely that your SC condition prevents you from working.

If they would do that and if you are willing to stop working- this sure would help you get TDIU. It would still take time but if you could attach something like this to your TDIU form it might go much faster.

Then again- if you work part time or at a low wage- that is something they have to consider too-

and in that case I would apply for TDIU for sure.

Here is the TDIU form-

TDIU_form.pdf

Guest Berta

oooops -glad I read your post again-

if you are going to retire early-that is what I meant-

I think those complications of the diabetes or prostrate condition would definitely put you into a TDIU criteria.

"Urinary frequency encompasses ratings ranging from 10 to 40

percent. A 40 percent rating contemplates a daytime voiding

interval less than 1 hour, or awakening to void 5 or more

times per night. A 20 percent rating contemplates daytime

voiding interval between 1 and 2 hours, or awakening to void

3 to 4 times per night. A 10 percent rating contemplates

daytime voiding interval between 2 and 3 hours, or awakening

to void 2 times per night. Id."

Diabetes can involve many complications- peripheral neuropathy, erectile dysfunction, heart problems, stroke, skin problems, ----how much are they giving you on the diabetes?

I would imagine the HBP is also due to the diabetes or perhaps the prostate disability-

have you asked them for SC rating of the HBP too?

Edited by Berta