VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Strange Letter Received

Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

Hi,

My husband received a letter from the VA today that says "We have received your application for

benefits." blah blah blah....He already recieves benefits at 10% sc. He did go last week to a new

Phyciatrist who (as I stated in an earleir post under CUE Claim?) said he was diagnosed wrong to

start with..My question is...a dr. does not put in for an increase do they? Don't the vet have to do that?

thanks,

sbrewer

Edited by sbrewer

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

He has not filed a CUE. I asked that the other day and from what I read that would not be a CUE

claim. He has not filed for an increase or anything. I guess they'll let him know more later. Just

seemed odd that this came today, and he saw a new dr. last week who said what she said.

thanks,

sbrewer

He has not filed a CUE. I asked that the other day and from what I read that would not be a CUE

claim. He has not filed for an increase or anything. I guess they'll let him know more later. Just

seemed odd that this came today, and he saw a new dr. last week who said what she said.

thanks,

sbrewer

It could just be a clerical error, but I doubt the 800 folks will haev any clue....you may want to walk into your VARO and try to straighten the situation out. If the doctor recommended you for an increase you may just want to play it out though (seeing as how he's only 10% and doesn't have much to lose really).