VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc Rehab

Rate this question

frosty69

Question

Does anyone know if a VETERAN can file a 1151 claim against the VOC. REHAB. program, in the refusal to buy a treadmill, that the ILS recommended for the veterans health, for losing weight, and help controlling his service-connected diabetes problems. My worker at voc rehab, said she would buy me a treadmill, if my VA Doctor would OK it, but he said that wasn't his job, that I needed a voc rehab doctor to do it, but the fargo va doesn't have one, so that was out, so I asked my voc rehab worker if the doctor who did the surgery on my back, ok it, would that be ok, she said yes, so he ok it, then she said there was conflicting reports as she said my doctor didn't ok, which is a lie, as I have all the medical files, but he did put in no special eqipment needed, like a treadmill, but he wanted me to walk, I have explained to him many times, the town I live in pop (217) doesn't have sidewalks, and if I want to walk, I have to walk on the street, and highway, as my house is on the main highway going through town. plus it stays icy all winter, so can only walk in the summer time, and the closest inside place to walk is 30 miles round trip, as with the price of gas cannot afford to do this on a regular basis. I tasked my Doctor about this in Jan, when I seen him, then he told me that the voc rehab, worker wanted him to say that he was 100% sure I would be ok on a treadmill, as he said he couldn't ok that for a healthy person. So I feel by the way the voc rehab person worded the deal about the treadmill, that it has been bad for my health, as I put on weight during the winter months, which in turn effects my BP problems, my diabetes, and my breathing problems, sorry this is long winded, but hard to explain the reason until a person knows most of the facts.

1151 says additional disability for rehabilation services, but can't see anything about the lack of concerning ILS recommendations

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet