VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% - What Privileges Do Vets Get? Spouse Medical? On Base? Not Sure!

Rate this question

supportmyfellowvet

Question

Hi all:

Can someone tell me what privileges a 100% rated vet gets?

I think my spouse will have her medical covered entirely, but where will VA send her? Will she go to any outside provider? I'm not sure if CHAMPUS plays any role in this.

Do Vets receiving 100% get on base privileges?

Any help would be appreciated,

-: )

• HadIt.com Elder

This may sound stupid and I admit that but I believe that if you are 100% you should apply for benefits like ChampVA as I have seen more than one who got it although not P&T.

That's my opinion and I am sticking by it.

Hi I am the wife of a 100% vet.

These are the things I know spouses can get:

ChampVA (easy to get, include your DD214, copy of marriage license and VA 100% award letter along with the form)

Va Homeloan guarantee

Military ID card (go to your nearest base, you can get one too, just show them your DD214, and 100% award letter. Gives commisary and rec benefits. This is really great I enjoy getting waived through security when I go shopping at Ft Bliss)

Extra points on State (no. of points depends on the state) and Federal (10 points) Job applications - DD214 and marriage license and award letter or military ID cards.

DEA Chapter 35 Educational benefits (she can go to school, for 48 months and get $925 per month to spend however, this includes online college).

DIC Benefits (Dependant Indemnity Comp, when the vet passes away).

Financial Planning help (VA website has more)

Claim to your VA life insurance. (the vet must file for the free life insurance of $10,000 with two years of becoming 100%), upon death spouse or next pof kin gets it.

So that is about it. Remember some states also allow the spouse to recieve the same state benefits that veterans get, (have to check with your state webpage)

Good luck with this, remember things take time at the VA but don't let the time go by, ring them, and make sure your applications are moving through the system.

:-)

F Lynchard

Hi all:

Can someone tell me what privileges a 100% rated vet gets?

I think my spouse will have her medical covered entirely, but where will VA send her? Will she go to any outside provider? I'm not sure if CHAMPUS plays any role in this.

Do Vets receiving 100% get on base privileges?

Any help would be appreciated,

-: )

forgot to add that it is ChampVA not Champus,

ChampVA is avilable for any doctor that will accept it. The tricare website has the doctor that accept ChampVA. you have a 25% co-pay or you can get really cheap supplemental insurance that covers the 25%

Meds by mail, is a free way to get regular prescriptions, and you can go to any participating pharmacy and have 25% co-pay or 0% with supplemental insurace

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete53 - I believe ChampVA pays 75% on prescriptions and the patient ends up paying the 25% balance (or copay). The major drug store chains generally have you pay the 25% at the time the prescription is filled and bills ChampVA the balance.

pr

Your wife is entitled to ChampVA for life. Its great Insurance if you have a supplement or to use as a supplement with other insurance.

Over the years the best part of ChampVA is that Medical Care and procedures are paid in full except for original 50 dollar at the beginning of each year.

It also pays 25% for Meds and you have choice of generics or rand and in13 years the only thing turned down was a formulated medicine wife takes for hormone therapy

http://www.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/champva/champva.asp

You can apply and read up on ChampVA here

• HadIt.com Elder

This is who we get our CHAMPVA supplemental insurance through:

http://www.champvaus.com/

There are other providers for CHAMPVA supplemental insurance. You can "google" search by looking for "CHAMPVA supplemental insurance".

My wife is 100% covered, and that is really great (she is diabetic and some of her medications cost hundreds of dollars for each refill). They (CHAMPVA and the supplemental) pay like clock-works. Thank you, VA!

Edited by LarryJ