VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security Vs Va Disability

Rate this question

Angela

Question

If you are expecting to receive 100 % schedular from VA, is it worth it to also begin the Social Security roller coaster? Does SS provide additional benefits or dollars even for those who receive 100 % from VA?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

yes you are can draw both VA disability and SSD and it is worth the process, it can mean anywhere from 500 to 1800 extra a month depending on what you're earnings were. It can make a major difference in your life and you're families. File now. as fast as you can.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you get denied for SSD get an attorney. They usually get paid from your first check. Social Security denies many valid claims. That is why you see so many commercials on TV for Binder and Binder.

• HadIt.com Elder

Social Security usually pays much sooner than the VA. Almost 5 years in my case.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete I am catching up SSD started paying me what 4 years ago, and I might finally be getting to the end with the VA, either that or we will be fighting 3-4 more years, but after this I ain't quitting now lol Mike

Guest jstacy

It is best to file SSA at the same time as VA or earlier. The SSA denies 60 percent of all claims. That is because the determining factor is the state you live in. ( The state makes the decisions until you go in front of an administrative Law Judge).

SSA also has disability guidelines like the VA but they hardly ever follow them.

go to http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professional...ultListings.htm

That is why I say find a good disability attorney from the first turn down.

If a person is lucky enough to get a total VA rating, Then SSA will abide by the ruling. It is the exact opposite with the VA, They abide only to what they want to. Even when the courts tell them to do something they do what they want anyway.

If you are expecting to receive 100 % schedular from VA, is it worth it to also begin the Social Security roller coaster? Does SS provide additional benefits or dollars even for those who receive 100 % from VA?

Greetings,

I am 100% T&P and aslo received SSD. What is nice about SSD is that you get Medicare which is nice to go outside the VA health care system. After I received my SSD I went to my childrens doctor (internalist) He saved my life. The VA had me on so many medications over 20 a day. I am forever greatful to God that I got SSD.

File asap and get SSD attorney. He will save you allot of headakes. I did not have one, however I prevailed would have gladly pain $5,500.00 for an attorney. God bless you.